Kaiser AKU.0.7.0 Cooked ROM --Updated (16-oct-2007)--

Search This thread

mcq3000

Mar 29, 2005
I set a 4 digit pin lock code yesterday on the Kaiser 0.70 ultraclean rom (v. 003) and today after a softreset the pin code no longer works and I am completely locked out of my phone! I had the rom for over a week now and i just decided to put the pin code yesterday because I kept on pressing the screen by mistake while my phone was in my pocket.

I had a trinity before the kaiser and the rom theat mun_rus released also had this issue. Now it seems even this newer Aku build has this as well. Anyone else had this issue? I had not even done a backup yet so i had to hard reset and start from square one and I need the password lock to both keep people out of my phone and prevent accidental presses

helmi_c

Apr 28, 2005

lol.. you guys found it... but please can someone mirror it, we shall not use xda-dev ftp, I upload there due my net hv problem with rapid for now... can anyone post a mirror link in rapid and also other place?

The new roms mentioned by helmi with the 1978 OS build http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1602531&postcount=286, I have installed the 1st one and it works like a charm :cool: most of the original s/w are the latest.

Its basically the same stuff you'd get in the HTC official rom+ 12 mb extra for program storage, in addition to many original programs update. HTC today new version, HTC task manager,....etc

Its a good rom and I'd expect a new 1933 build soon.

Taiseer

1933 build is obsolete with this version, since 1978 is newest (for now) :)

helmi_c

Apr 28, 2005
Okay... From my understanding of your explaination, the Dynamic ROM comes with the CAB files somewhere in the system files which I can access and install to my device when I want..?

yes... its call activator, not full install, and the activator cab (link) are in "My Documents\Activator" I already state this and how to in first page :)

helmi_c

Apr 28, 2005
I set a 4 digit pin lock code yesterday on the Kaiser 0.70 ultraclean rom (v. 003) and today after a softreset the pin code no longer works and I am completely locked out of my phone! I had the rom for over a week now and i just decided to put the pin code yesterday because I kept on pressing the screen by mistake while my phone was in my pocket.

I had a trinity before the kaiser and the rom theat mun_rus released also had this issue. Now it seems even this newer Aku build has this as well. Anyone else had this issue? I had not even done a backup yet so i had to hard reset and start from square one and I need the password lock to both keep people out of my phone and prevent accidental presses

it should not happens with new roms (Build 1978)

nyok80

May 22, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
hi Helmi,

I've been using your cooked ROM since my HTC Universal. I really like it, stable & fast. Btw, is the test ROM included in the ftp your latest build? What's the different compare with previous build. I'm a little bit confius with your clean & normal build. If i flash the normal ROM, how much is the storage available? is the clean normal consist of all available application as the original ship ROM? For clean version, what is excluded in your new test ROM? Thank you very much.

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
Btw, is the test ROM included in the ftp your latest build?

Yes it the latest build 1978.

What's the different compare with previous build.

A newer build is always an improvement for the OS.

is the clean normal consist of all available application as the original ship ROM?

Only normal version contains the applications that official rom has. Clean version is lite enough containing only the neccessary.

nyok80

May 22, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks athanaso77 for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. 1 last question. i"ve read somewhere that kaiser doesn't have the extended ROM like the Universal. How exactly did the Helmi manage to get the 156 (extra 12++MB storage memory). Is it by not including some of the application or extra stuff? Thank you.

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
How exactly did the Helmi manage to get the 156 (extra 12++MB storage memory). Is it by not including some of the application or extra stuff?

Exactly!!!! ;)

This extra storage is available only to the clean version where the following apps are excluded:

AudioManager=1_2_725711_q
Adobe_Reader_2.00.288531
BT_FTP=1_2_30490_1
BT_SAP=2_02_b0925_r3
BT_BPP=1_5_0_0R2
Cyberon Voice SpeedDial=1_2_b070717_0
JbedJava_MIDP=0_0_20070726_1_1
HTC_Home=2_0_814722_0
SymbolPad=1_0_28284_0
StreamingMedia=2_20_807715_00
TaskManager=1_51_30722_1
VoiceRecorder=1_10_611711_0
Windows Live Mobile 10.6.32.2100
HTC PhonePAD (English)
HTC BT Quicklink
Remote Desktop Mobile
ZIP=1_20_730720_0

hollywood

Nov 24, 2005
Does anyone else notice that the htc task manager seems to slow down the screen rotation? I loved the last cooked rom that had this program excluded, now the three new ones all have the new htc task manager. Its a good program it just seems to slow down the screen.

zaharakis

Dec 14, 2006
khalkis/Greece
Does anyone else notice that the htc task manager seems to slow down the screen rotation? I loved the last cooked rom that had this program excluded, now the three new ones all have the new htc task manager. Its a good program it just seems to slow down the screen.

for this reason i don't use htc task manager.there too many apps to use as (at least ) close appp ;)

hollywood

Nov 24, 2005
It is included in the latest cooked roms. I dont think you can delete it, it you can let me know. I have disabled it but it still has a little lag that wasnt present in the last rom.

taiseer999

Jan 3, 2005

Working perfectly on mine (using the full version) but you can always disable it and test.

Taiseer

hollywood

Nov 24, 2005
Its much quicker than the original shipped rom dont get me wrong. I just got used to the speed in the last version AKU 07.0.2 (it didnt have the htc task manager installed) . When I did instal it through the activator cab it got a slight delay that was not there before installing it. Maybe Im just being weird!

Seppl82

Feb 14, 2006
Works great.
Installed the Bigrom Version with optional installers.
Works great with German customizers
- Zack MC Rofls German Language Kit
And T-Mobile Germany settings

Gruß
Franz Schindler

Ben daniel

Jun 30, 2007
Has anyone managed to sucessfully flash Helmi's latest big storage rom onto an Orange TYTN 2? People on Modaco have had sim access problems after flashin their devices with the HTC ship rom which, can only be reversed with a pin unlock code sourced from orange.

Mt TYTN 2 is running on the following:
Rom: 1.81.61.2 WWE (20/09/07)
Radio: 1.27.12.29
Protocol Version: 22.45.88.07H
Operator version: 24.181.1.612

I'd love to test the performance gains of this rom but i dont want the hassle of trying to contact orange...