[Q] how do you manually activate your phone?

Search This thread

BDawgTrap

Feb 17, 2011
Provo UT
##72786# should work and it wont erase your data...
##786# will reset the device and your data
##3282# and you can go to data profile, menu and then restore.

you need your msl for them all - i can help with that if you dont know how

or lastly you could call sprint haha

EDIT: you can also go to Home page - Menu - Settings - system updates - And then try update profile and prl.

Last edited:

igotroot

Dec 4, 2010
After I got s off, my phone automatically activated itself......then, when I made a phone call, sprint security intercepted my call, and asked me to verify my identity.....and then told me their system didn't recognize my phone!!! They told me to power down, then up in 30 seconds... Funny thing is that I was surfing with no issues prior to the call, ur I thought I'd share that with you guys.

BDawgTrap

Feb 17, 2011
Provo UT
I beleive it used to be used for hands free activation. I know it is still used to activate cricket phones but currently it does nothing for sprint phones. at least none that ive tried it on haha

BDawgTrap

Feb 17, 2011
Provo UT
After I got s off, my phone automatically activated itself......then, when I made a phone call, sprint security intercepted my call, and asked me to verify my identity.....and then told me their system didn't recognize my phone!!! They told me to power down, then up in 30 seconds... Funny thing is that I was surfing with no issues prior to the call, ur I thought I'd share that with you guys.

After restarting did it work alright? thats pretty funny though

igotroot

Dec 4, 2010
After restarting did it work alright? thats pretty funny though

Yes. It was all good. Check down the line in this forum area for a guy that posted a thread about his phone not working after s off. Same ****.

CAN YOU FREAKING IMAGINE HOW MANY EVO 3D phones nationwide are causing security interruptions, all coincidently?????? Sprint is like, " Those Damn XDA mother fu#$&%$!!!"

BDawgTrap

Feb 17, 2011
Provo UT
haha thats great. someone was making a comment earlier about calling htc and sprint and saying they did an ota and now they have s-off and are running android version - custom rom name- haha. it made me chuckle.