[SOLVED]SMS Error - Radio Interface Resource Shortage

Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA

SOLUTION: You need to call Sprint (from another phone - 1.888.211.4727) and tell them you can't call or text and you are getting the error "SMS Error - Radio Interface Resource Shortage - Cause Code: 64, Error Class: 2" They wil refresh you on the network, takes about 5 mins. Hope this helps :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone having this issue after Revolutionary? I NEVER had this problem before and it started happening to me even before I put my own ROM on. I cannot send ANY texts. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem and what you did to fix it. Tried a wipe and reflash and still happening. Any ideas?

Also: Cause Code: 64 Error Class: 2

Last edited:
D

DDiaz007

Your going to have to call Sprint. There is someone who asked how to manually do it, check the Q&A area for a thread called Manually reset or something like that.

I'dink link this to you, but I'm on the XDA App

Appreciate my help? Thank me :)

Last edited:

empiire

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 15, 2011
CO
I'd get on the phone with Sprint, they probably can fix that easily. I'm sorry bud that sucks, I didn't have that problem and never have.

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Your going to have to call Sprint. There is someone who asked how to manually do it, check the Q&A area for a thread called Manually reset or something like that.

I'dink this to you, but I'm on the XDA App

Thanks for the info, however, I don't see a thread like that overthere and I went 3 pages deep.

D

DDiaz007

Here

##72786# should work and it wont erase your data...
##786# will reset the device and your data
##3282# and you can go to data profile, menu and then restore.

you need your msl for them all - i can help with that if you dont know how

or lastly you could call sprint haha

EDIT: you can also go to Home page - Menu - Settings - system updates - And then try update profile and prl.

Download MSL reader in the market so you can get your MSL

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
I guess I will have to call Sprint. I tried the first code and it didn't work. Maybe the others would have but I'm going to bed now and I may just have Sprint deal with it in the morning :D

aimbdd

Jul 27, 2009
PA/MD
Driving my crazy. Does it constantly when connected to the air rave. Rebooted that thing 20 times.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Last edited:

Punchatron

Sep 10, 2010
Same thing happened to me after rooting. I was also unable to make calls or send SMS. Got the error code 16 when trying to make a call. I stayed on the line and was connected to a Sprint rep who told me they reset my info which fixes the problem. Told me to turn my phone off for 30 seconds then back on. calls and sms working again.

Sprint Rep was on the ball and new what to do as soon as he started talking. I assume they got a lot of these calls in the last 12 hours.

Success100

Jan 31, 2008
Cleveland
I'm not rooted or attached to an airave and I've been getting this error since I bought it yesterday ..becoming more and more disappointed with this thing

sent from my DAMN 3D!!

mondragon21

Apr 4, 2010
perris
it can only fix by contacting sprint

same thing happen when i got s-off, i just got off from chatting on sprint and they fix the problem i told them the issue and they asked me to turn off my phone and take out the battery then she asked me to turn it back on and and to dial this number 1888 546-0348 and then voice prompt said "your phone is now activated" and now its working fine:D

Reactions: tainojax and nkd

nkd

Aug 12, 2010
it happened to me too after I did s-off. I could not get my sms working and did reset and everything. I ended up flashing the stock image available here in the forums. I guess I will wait for the tool to get out of beta and if not just wait for htc unlock. OK fail on my part, I just checked this morning and my calls are still not working lol. I need to call sprint I guess.

Last edited:

nkd

Aug 12, 2010
same thing happen when i got s-off, i just got off from chatting on sprint and they fix the problem i told them the issue and they asked me to turn off my phone and take out the battery then she asked me to turn it back on and and to dial this number 1888 546-0348 and then voice prompt said "your phone is now activated" and now its working fine:D

good, might go s-off again soon lol.

MXPS

Jun 21, 2011
Northern NJ
I was getting bunch of errors, including this one, so I wasn't able to send/receive calls or texts. I tried all of the unlock codes but nothing worked. Once I called sprint, they fixed it immediately and I've had no problems since.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it can only fix by contacting sprint