[ROM][32A][6.35] CGX-Magic 1.0.5 (Android 2.3.7) 14 November 2011

How do you want the Gapps?

• Build in the system. More space to install apps.

Votes: 69 59.5%
  • As it is right now. Flashable via recovery.

Votes: 47 40.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Unkjcr

Jul 19, 2010
This is somehow the continuation of giant_rider's GBRider_Cronos. It's a port of the HTC Hero ROM Cronos Ginger X from Cronos Project Team.

Credits:
- Feeyo and Cronos Team for the ROM development. You can find his work and donate if you feel like it in this forum. I think you should. :p;
- carz12 for Kernel 2.6.34.4;
- giant_rider for the work he has done so far and for the ROM that i used as a base in order to see what i needed to change to make the ROM work;
- dsixda for his script used during all the porting process.

You'll need Radio 6.35.16.19 or 6.35.10.18 and SPL 1.76.2007 to properly run this ROM.

Latest Radio, SPL and Recoveries:
Radio - 6.35.16.19
SPL - 1.76.2007
Recovery - recovery-RA-magic+-v2.0.0.1-seo or recovery-RA-magic+-v2.2.1 or carz-clockworkmod-4.0.0.2-recovery

To change Radio/SPL/Recovery use the procedure described in this thread

How to Install the ROM:
- Fully charge your battery to properly calibrate it;
- Boot to recovery and do these steps:
  • Do a Nandroid Backup
  • Wipe all except battery stats
  • Flash the ROM
  • Reboot to system
- Reboot to recovery and Flash Gapps:
  • Gapps Light (It has only market and some other essential apps. After you enter the system you can choose which apps you want to install)
    or
  • Gapps Full (It has all Google Apps) (It's indicated to those that don't have a WiFi connecting and no Data Plan)
- Reboot to system

The Kernel is OverClocked to 710Mhz. The CPU is set to max 614Mhz by default and min 352Mhz. If you change the minimum frequency to a value below 352Mhz, the phone will have unlock delay or even DIS (Death In Sleap). You can change the CPU setting in "Settings » CPU Settings".

Bugs:
- Airplane mode drains all the battery (kernel related)
- Sometimes buttons backlight stops working (Hero ROM related)

Updates notes in the 2nd post.
I choose not to follow the version numeration that giant was using because i might release some updates between feeyo's releases. But despite this, i'll always indicate the update used as a base to each release.

Notes:
I'm not a programmer and i have very little knowledge in this area. All i know is based on tutorials, Google searches and from the work done in other ROM's. I'm very curious and this ROM is somehow a result of that. So if you find any bug that is not related to Hero's ROM just tell me and i will see what i can do about it. :)

I'm not responsible to any damage that you might do to your phone. To avoid some undesired results always backup. It doesn't take much time. ;)

Last edited:

Unkjcr

Jul 19, 2010
Release Notes:

14 November 2011 | Cronos Ginger X 2.4.0 - CGX-Magic-1.0.5:
Fixed Wifi Tethering support.
Fixed sqlite WAL Bug.
Made some changes to libcamera.
Made some changes to liblights.
Improved speed to system.
Fully integrated OC Daemon.
Fixed Call hang up Delay.
Fixed application support.
Improved net speed 3G/H/WiFi

Cronos Ginger X 2.3.9:
Fully Updated to Android 2.3.7
Browser battery draining fixed.
Calling battery draining fixed.
Cronos X Settings FC's fixed.
Separate OC Daemon Patch.
Tweaked low memory.
Cleaner vendor libs.
This Will remove Full Cronos X CPU Memory Hog.
This means the CPU over clocking in X Settings will be fully removed giving you more memory to spare in your system.
Over clocking will be done with a oc daemon. You can find its CPU OC configurations in /system/etc/cronos directory.
This OC daemon will make your phone a bit faster with switching frequencies.

5 September 2011 | Cronos Ginger X 2.3.6 - CGX-Magic-1.0.4:
Updated Cronos governor.
Tweaked Freq stepping.
Fixed lag.
Library updates.
Kernel updated.

Cronos Ginger X 2.3.5:
Updated to latest source code.
New kernel compile based on a testing config.
Updated Cronos governor sensitivity.
Optimized Android 2.3.5 Speed.
Fixed Bluetooth.
Improved EGL speed.
Fixed pre-release CGX 2.3.4 long boot issue.
Improved Camera Speed.

5 August 2011 | Cronos Ginger X 2.3.3 - CGX-Magic-1.0.3:
FC's fixed.

3 August 2011 | Cronos Ginger X 2.3.3 - CGX-Magic-1.0.2:
Fixed Cronos X FC's.
Fixed X Powerwidget (For real)
Updated to latest Android Sourcecode.
---------------
Gapps built in again. You can delete the gapps that you don't use with titanium. I will try to build in gapps "light" next time.

30 July 2011 | Cronos Ginger X 2.3.2 - CGX-Magic-1.0.1:
Updated to Android 2.3.5
Cronos X PowerWidget fixed.
Cronos X Settings still android 2.3.4 code. Will update soon.
---------------
Gapps removed from system
Screen rotation fixed (thanks to blizard80)
GPS-EU included in the ROM

28 July 2011 | Cronos Ginger X 2.3.1 - CGX-Magic-1.0.0:
Please recalibrate your battery.
Please fully charge the battery to 100%.
X Settings updated to version 0.0.3
Font sizing will stay permanent.
Fixed: ScreenStatus Scaling.
Fixed CRT ON/OFF Lagg.
Fixed 30tweak file, thanks bleep42.
System should be a bit snappier.
Added a new version string for X Settings Mod itself.
Volume rocker wakeup port by ComputerFreak
Enable/disable CRT on/off animationport by Feeyo/Computerfreak
Added option to change the indicator color in the notification widget port by ComputerFreak
Fixed some checkboxed incorrectly checked by default by ComputerFreak
Fixed some incorrect text when selecting brightness mode by ComputerFreak
---------------
Gapps inside system/app
Kernel 2.6.34.4-carz
Titanium Backup added in order to make apps and settings restores easier
Launcherpro added
App zipalign to optimize RAM
App2ext

Last edited:
Reactions: zenga

karym1969

Jul 20, 2010
Alexandria
Testing it right now

will give you feedback as soon as I try it:)

The Rom is stable and fast so far, nice work!

Last edited:

Kapky

Jan 27, 2010
Hi! Can anybody tell me, how many of memory is free after the boot of the system? I need only fast OS, that's all..:) is it faster than DietGingerbread?

Thanx a lot

Unkjcr

Jul 19, 2010
will give you feedback as soon as I try it:)

The Rom is stable and fast so far, nice work!

Thanks! I'm glad it's working great as it works for me. :)

Hi! Can anybody tell me, how many of memory is free after the boot of the system? I need only fast OS, that's all..:) is it faster than DietGingerbread?

Thanx a lot

I have my phone running without rebooting for almost 12 hours, restored all my apps and i usually have 50-70MB of free RAM. :)

arekmelerski

Jan 19, 2010
i find next bug. If I add power widget, delete him and add then is text : Not configured. Please add again

This text is always if i will add power widget.

arekmelerski

Jan 19, 2010
Yes, you can delete titanum backup file from /data/app/ on Root Explorer and reboot phone. After reboot you can install your version

stiker

Aug 17, 2010
Lisbon
hi,
I stayed with cm 7.1 for months now, and I miss the wiping and flashing :p
So, I'll try your ROM today.
One suggestion for both this topic and androidpt:
More information about the bugs that you rom still have,
Some Benchmark results just to have some clue about the speed of this Rom.

Good Work, and i hope you continue the support.

arekmelerski

Jan 19, 2010
After 1 day test i been sad :( This rom begining chrashes, reboots. Opera Mini is not stable. I back to CM.

Unkjcr

Jul 19, 2010
Unkjcr, you can fix problem with power widget?

As i said, i only ported the ROM. That bug is related to the original Hero ROM so the only one that can fix the bug is Feeyo and his team. Sorry about that. :)

hi,
One suggestion for both this topic and androidpt:
More information about the bugs that you rom still have,
Some Benchmark results just to have some clue about the speed of this Rom.

Good Work, and i hope you continue the support.

Thanks. :)

The only bugs that i'm aware of are buttons backlight that randomly work/doesn't work, power widget, airplane mode drain (kernel related). And there's nothing i can do about it. I will add a list if you guys really want it. About the benchmarks i will not add any because they are most of the times inaccurate and some ROM's have some tricks that can boost the result in the benchmark test but the actual performance of the ROM is the same as in other ROM's. The best test you can do is flash all the ROM's and see for your self. :)

After 1 day test i been sad :( This rom begining chrashes, reboots. Opera Mini is not stable. I back to CM.

I don't have any problem with this ROM. I usually had some random reboot with CM7, but with this one i didn't have any so far. And i've been using the phone like mad lately. :p Btw, i don't use Opera Mini. In what circumstances the phone crashes?

arekmelerski

Jan 19, 2010
ex. if i will go to widgets - restart, if i have several apps opened - restart to bootanimation. I have this problem on My Kasier with 128 ram ;)

Newest CM 7.1 android 2.3.5 is faster, more stable and have mord options, ex. default app storage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is somehow the continuation of giant_rider's GBRider_Cronos. It's a port of the HTC Hero ROM Cronos Ginger X from Cronos Project Team.

Credits:
    - Feeyo and Cronos Team for the ROM development. You can find his work and donate if you feel like it in this forum. I think you should. :p;
    - carz12 for Kernel 2.6.34.4;
    - giant_rider for the work he has done so far and for the ROM that i used as a base in order to see what i needed to change to make the ROM work;
    - dsixda for his script used during all the porting process.

You'll need Radio 6.35.16.19 or 6.35.10.18 and SPL 1.76.2007 to properly run this ROM.

Latest Radio, SPL and Recoveries:
    Radio - 6.35.16.19
    SPL - 1.76.2007
    Recovery - recovery-RA-magic+-v2.0.0.1-seo or recovery-RA-magic+-v2.2.1 or carz-clockworkmod-4.0.0.2-recovery

To change Radio/SPL/Recovery use the procedure described in this thread

How to Install the ROM:
    - Fully charge your battery to properly calibrate it;
    - Boot to recovery and do these steps:
    • Do a Nandroid Backup
    • Wipe all except battery stats
    • Flash the ROM
    • Reboot to system
    - Reboot to recovery and Flash Gapps:
    • Gapps Light (It has only market and some other essential apps. After you enter the system you can choose which apps you want to install)
      or
    • Gapps Full (It has all Google Apps) (It's indicated to those that don't have a WiFi connecting and no Data Plan)
    - Reboot to system

The Kernel is OverClocked to 710Mhz. The CPU is set to max 614Mhz by default and min 352Mhz. If you change the minimum frequency to a value below 352Mhz, the phone will have unlock delay or even DIS (Death In Sleap). You can change the CPU setting in "Settings » CPU Settings".

Bugs:
    - Airplane mode drains all the battery (kernel related)
    - Sometimes buttons backlight stops working (Hero ROM related)

Updates notes in the 2nd post.
    I choose not to follow the version numeration that giant was using because i might release some updates between feeyo's releases. But despite this, i'll always indicate the update used as a base to each release.

Notes:
    I'm not a programmer and i have very little knowledge in this area. All i know is based on tutorials, Google searches and from the work done in other ROM's. I'm very curious and this ROM is somehow a result of that. So if you find any bug that is not related to Hero's ROM just tell me and i will see what i can do about it. :)

I'm not responsible to any damage that you might do to your phone. To avoid some undesired results always backup. It doesn't take much time. ;)
    To author, if you will to work a kays backlight then decompile framework-res.apk and edit file /res/values/bools.xml and change <bool name="config_automatic_brightness_available">true</bool> to <bool name="config_automatic_brightness_available">false</bool>

compile, and keys backlight work fine :) (Thanks to Hintay!)
    CGX-Magic 1.0.4 after one day

I am using the kernel in the ROM for now, not the one in my signature. Not sure if it's the same?

Tested and works:
    GPS, used it with Navigator for 2 rides in the car (1 hour).
    Wifi, secure and non secure is working
    Bluetooth, headset talk for ½ hour
    Camera/video, just a few pictures and a video for testing, once the sound stopped working for camera and after that camera is self. Restarted phone and no camera issues after that?
    Mail and GMail is working
    Text messages is working
    Sync contacts with Facebook
    Games and apps on sdcard is working
    Power Widget and all other widgets I have is working
    Normal use of a smartphone

Small issue:
    Boot anims look fishy, known issue from release notes
    I use patten lock for the phone, but the wheel is coming up once in a while, after swiping the wheel, the lock patten is there?

Findings:
    Wifi hotspot via "Barnacle Wifi Tether" is working really well if you need portable hotspot. The one in the ROM is not working as you probably know.
    I have had very slow coping speed from pc to sdcard for a long time now. 10 minutes+ for 100 MB "Multi Mound SD-Card" will mount for you and you can copy fast again. Looking at posts from others with this problem, the word is that it's a kernel issue?

Battery:
    20 Hours since flash and I have 55% left.
    1 hour GPS
    3/4 hours of talk
    1 hour Bluetooth headset connected
    Playing games for at least ½ hour
    5 Text messages

Conclusion:
    Happy, happy, happy again
    Nice work Unkjcr, Feeyo, carz12, dsixda, giant_rider and all other that have had something to do with this ROM
    Hi! :)

Feeyo released another cronos update. As soon as i can i will update this ROM. Android 2.3.7 incoming! :)

Cheers
    Hi everyone! :)

New update in the OP. It's important to mention that the bootanimation is a little buggy. I guess it's due to the egl changes. That's the only issue i found for now. I will look for a fix. Hope it works fine for you. :)

Cheers

EDIT: WIFI broken.. I will upload the file as soon as i can.

EDIT2: ROM re-uploaded with bug fixed. :)

Thanks a lot. Will test it tomorrow and give feedback.