FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] PERMANENT-ROOT (Fixed Links!) & Temp-Root (v2) for any MT4GS (Windows)

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By jdmarko, Senior Member on 30th July 2011, 01:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2011, 02:34 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetrizzo

Is this phone like the g2 where the emcc is write protected and any changes you make disappear when you reboot?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

It seems to me that some of my writes to the data partition still remain after reboot, which surprises me. So apparently not everything is lost after reboot. The "root" status is certainly lost though.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmarko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdmarko Ad-Free
31st July 2011, 08:51 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
also tested and it works with a few hiccups at first but was able to work them out (user error) lol
1st August 2011, 04:57 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Smile
I just got my MT4gs and run this script. Works very well kudos to OP.

I got stuck on wait-for-device but re-plugging the device works.
1st August 2011, 07:23 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmarko

It seems to me that some of my writes to the data partition still remain after reboot, which surprises me. So apparently not everything is lost after reboot. The "root" status is certainly lost though.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Changed some auto run settings for apps and rebooted. The changes stuck. Thank you.
2nd August 2011, 05:23 AM |#15  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
So on this post they've got the Sensation S-Off. I'm wondering if this will work with our myTouch 4G Slides:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...cific-devices/
2nd August 2011, 05:28 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No, not yet; it checks for the phone type before it does anything, and the Doubleshot / 4G Slide is not yet supported. They're in the process of examining it to figure things out, though. There was some trouble with the US T-Mobile Sensations at first, but that was overcome.

Unfortunately, the XTC Clip apparently won't work on the 4G Slide, so let's hope they can get it S-OFF'd. They're pretty much our only hope.
2nd August 2011, 06:58 PM |#17  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler

No, not yet; it checks for the phone type before it does anything, and the Doubleshot / 4G Slide is not yet supported. They're in the process of examining it to figure things out, though. There was some trouble with the US T-Mobile Sensations at first, but that was overcome.

Unfortunately, the XTC Clip apparently won't work on the 4G Slide, so let's hope they can get it S-OFF'd. They're pretty much our only hope.

It could be a start since the sensation and the 4g slide has the same guts.
8th August 2011, 02:32 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
With temp-root, when you run titanium to uninstall or freeze stock apps, do those apps reappear when you reboot?

I know you lose root during reboot, but I wonder if uninstalling a stock app will be replaced after reboot.
8th August 2011, 06:46 PM |#19  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cberbes

With temp-root, when you run titanium to uninstall or freeze stock apps, do those apps reappear when you reboot?

I know you lose root during reboot, but I wonder if uninstalling a stock app will be replaced after reboot.

It replaces them after a reboot. My guess is that it does a hash check on the /system partition and then if it fails it reflashes it.
9th August 2011, 09:24 PM |#20  
Flag KCK
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
If you freeze them, they will stay frozen after a reboot. Not as great as an uninstall... but better then nothing

You can freeze apps with Titanium Pro, but if you dont have Titanium Pro(about $7), Easy Freezy is on sale right now(about $2). Works just as good https://market.android.com/details?i...aco.easyfreezy

PS: Temp-root worked great! Wonder how hard it would be to package this into an app that you can have run when the phone boots. Kinda like the temp-root app VISIONary made for the G2.
10th August 2011, 03:58 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks a lot for putting this together!

Saved me from having to wipe my phone after Visual Voicemail got corrupted and I couldnt uninstall or run it. I couldnt even uninstall it via adb.

Using this perma-temp-root, I manually deleted VVM from /system/app as well as from /data/app and /data/data, then I reinstalled from market.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)