[GUIDE] HTC Sensation Wont power on

Search This thread

GabrielSousa

Feb 15, 2011
Leiria
OnePlus 9 Pro
did you drained your battery till its fully dead ?

now you need to charge it (boost) at a certain point for it to turn on
you need minimal of 3.6v on your battery to power on the phone.
you can see the voltage in your battery with a multimeter

i had this problem, I drained my battery completely, when I plug it in, the led flashing 11 times last 3 flashes are slow then goes dark.
(my battery had only 2,80v, and i had to boosted to 3.6v)

the original charger has an output 0f 3.6v, i was lucky to have a external batery charger, and it has 4.2v output, so was a little faster to boost my battery,

-methed one by lalitsehgal21
1. Take a spare usb cable.
2. cut it from between.
3. Peel two wires black and red from tip.
4. connect black to (-) point and red to (+) point on batt and secure it via tape.
5. plug it in any power source usb or charger.
6. lve for 20 mins have coffee.
7. remove it and put in fone.
8. Last shot as its almost discharged keep charger plugged in till it rches 50 then flash new recovery.
9. Buy me coke.....coz i dt like beer

-methed one by GiZZy (the led light will not turn on)
1. cut out a strip of plastic that covers only the middle 2 pins between the battery and the phone
2. plug phone in charger
3. place strip between battery and phone on the 2 middle pins
4. put battery in place (2 middle pins isolated)
5. wait to charge for about 10 minutes
6. remove everything, plug battery in and power on

-methed two by ikhzter (i didnt try this one)
1. Take out battery and put it back in
2. Charge for 20 minutes.
3. Take out battery and put it back in again
4. Try powering on now

YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK THE PROGRESS WITH A MULTIMETER

DON'T FORGET ONLY PUT THE BATTERY ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 3.6 V (check with a multimeter)

boost1.jpg

boost2.jpg

Last edited:

gbzbar

Jun 18, 2010

i had this problem my baterry had only 2,80v, and i had to boosted to 3.6v
the original charger has an output have 3.6v, i was lucky to have a external batery charger, and it has 4,9v output, so was a little fast to boost my battery,
but this process can take hours.

2. cut it from between.
4. connect black to (-) point and red to (+) point on batt and secure it via tape.
8. Last shot as its almost discharged keep charger plugged in till it rches 50 then flash new recovery.

4. Try powering on now

boost1.jpg

boost2.jpg

I don't really understand in what situation one would need this. When I drain my battery until its fully dead, then yes, it won't turn on while it's plugged in, but if I just charge for 30 seconds to a minute and then unplug the charger, the phone will turn on fine... Then I can continue charging normally after the phone boots up.
Does that not work for you?

Reactions: northcutt1023

GabrielSousa

Feb 15, 2011
Leiria
OnePlus 9 Pro
I don't really understand in what situation one would need this. When I drain my battery until its fully dead, then yes, it won't turn on while it's plugged in, but if I just charge for 30 seconds to a minute and then unplug the charger, the phone will turn on fine... Then I can continue charging normally after the phone boots up.
Does that not work for you?

no because i have the CWM recovery, and dont charge the battery when the phone is off :(

sevag00

Apr 23, 2010
Beirut
Then you need to update your recovery. Download Rom manager and then install clockwork recovery through Rom manager.

Rsotbiemrptson

Nov 3, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Different method

Hello,
I was in your situation and was able to use the battery from both my nexus and my myTouch to boot in to the bootloader and flash the stock recovery. I had to hold the batteries in place as they are not the right size (just line up the contact points). After flashing the stock recovery I was able to put my sensation battery back in, let it charge for a few minuets and then it would power on. Hope this helps. I have attached the stock recovery from the TMOUS 1.29 rom that I used.

Rsotbiemrptson

Attachments

• PG58IMG.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 352

gbzbar

Jun 18, 2010
i have the last....

Hello,
I was in your situation and was able to use the battery from both my nexus and my myTouch to boot in to the bootloader and flash the stock recovery. I had to hold the batteries in place as they are not the right size (just line up the contact points). After flashing the stock recovery I was able to put my sensation battery back in, let it charge for a few minuets and then it would power on. Hope this helps. I have attached the stock recovery from the TMOUS 1.29 rom that I used.

Rsotbiemrptson

It's not about the version number.
If your recovery is blue, then you don't have the latest.
Download Rom Manager from the market and inside of the program, use the Flash Recovery function.
The new recovery will be orange. This recovery is released directly from Koush, who makes the recoveries, instead of from Alpharevx. Also, it will allow you to use the very useful features of Rom Manager, whereas with the blue recovery, you can't do anything with Rom Manager.
It will fix the charging issue, and it a lot more convenient than ripping apart a charger and jump-starting your phone battery, or than flashing the stock recovery just to be able to charge your battery.

Edit:
When you charge your battery from a dead state, the led will blink non-stop. That's good. Let it do that for 30 seconds to a minute, then UNPLUG your charger and turn your phone on. It should turn on.
Then when it boots up, charge normally.

Last edited:

GabrielSousa

Feb 15, 2011
Leiria
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's not about the version number.
If your recovery is blue, then you don't have the latest.
Download Rom Manager from the market and inside of the program, use the Flash Recovery function.
The new recovery will be orange. This recovery is released directly from Koush, who makes the recoveries, instead of from Alpharevx. Also, it will allow you to use the very useful features of Rom Manager, whereas with the blue recovery, you can't do anything with Rom Manager.
It will fix the charging issue, and it a lot more convenient than ripping apart a charger and jump-starting your phone battery, or than flashing the stock recovery just to be able to charge your battery.

4.0.1.5 is the orange version, i updated from ROM MANAGER ;)

and i had this problem with the cwm orage version, the last version

saynotopunx

Oct 2, 2009
Chattanooga, TN
I was worried about this for a while, too. What worked for me was to use a friend's phone (also a Sensation) to charge my battery, update the new ClockworkMod Recovery, then put my battery back in to my phone. Took about 10 seconds to power on, but by golly it works now.

EDIT: No, apparently it was the spare battery that worked fine. My original battery won't charge in either phone. Really don't have any spare cables to be hacking up. I guess I have no option other than to have another battery sent out.

Last edited:

argh9

Aug 1, 2011
I have the same problem, it is now completely dead.

I do have the latest ROM Manager through Market and flashed the latest CWM, yes the text is orange.

What to do :[

jomaxwel

Dec 2, 2009
So is the charging issue fixed or not. I thought the new recovery fixed that issue. It's the only thing keeping me from s-off and rooting my phone. I run the battery totally dead a few times a week.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
WOAH.... I would advise against this completely. You run the risk of destroying the battery this way.

If you really need to do it this way, using 3 AA batteries would be better. (for a voltage of 4.5).
Using 9 volts is grossly overvolting the battery, which is extremely bad for Li-ion / Li-Po batteries.

Also remember, you only need to charge it enough so that the phone can turn on and boot.
-you can use a 9v battery to charge your phone battery
1. connect with a wire the + from 9v battery to the + from you phone battery
2. connect with a wire the - from 9v battery to the - from you phone battery

GabrielSousa

Feb 15, 2011
Leiria
OnePlus 9 Pro
WOAH.... I would advise against this completely. You run the risk of destroying the battery this way.

If you really need to do it this way, using 3 AA batteries would be better. (for a voltage of 4.5).
Using 9 volts is grossly overvolting the battery, which is extremely bad for Li-ion / Li-Po batteries.

Also remember, you only need to charge it enough so that the phone can turn on and boot.

thanks, removed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i had this problem, I drained my battery completely, when I plug it in, the led flashing 11 times last 3 flashes are slow then goes dark.
    (my battery had only 2,80v, and i had to boosted to 3.6v)

the original charger has an output 0f 3.6v, i was lucky to have a external batery charger, and it has 4.2v output, so was a little faster to boost my battery,

2. cut it from between.

-methed one by GiZZy (the led light will not turn on)
    1. cut out a strip of plastic that covers only the middle 2 pins between the battery and the phone
    2. plug phone in charger

4. Try powering on now

YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK THE PROGRESS WITH A MULTIMETER

DON'T FORGET ONLY PUT THE BATTERY ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 3.6 V (check with a multimeter)

boost1.jpg

boost2.jpg
    Another way to do it:

2. plug phone in charger
    Different method

Hello,

Rsotbiemrptson
    Everyone here, please visit the HTC sensation general faq's guide i created for a link to a WORKING RECOVERY MENU THAT CHARGES WHILE OFF. Thanks. Thank you vlad though for this guide. :) To flash the recovery simply put it on your SDcard and reboot your phone into bootloader, and do the following command.

fastboot flash recovery namethatyounamedtherecovery.img

to make things easier, just rename the recovery to recovery.:)
    When your device does die, just plug up to a computer and run
    adb reboot or adb reboot bootloader after letting it sit for a second, it should reboot. try to plug into a wall first to give it some type of charge. keep taking the battery out and then putting it back in, plugging into a computer, then doing those commands above until it works.
    so, what all u guys are saying, if i root my sensation, i may not be able to power on the phone if i fully drained the battery during day to day use, even if i plug in the charger???

no wonder i can't boot up my phone! i went to the service center to complain abt the battery being bad, and luckily they gave me a replacement on the spot!

so my next question, is it worth the risk and hassle of rooting sensation and ended up with the whole day looking for a charger just to make sure i dont fully drain the battery?

i guess, for me, for the time being at least, i unroot my sensation and went back to stock until this issue is fixed...

too bad i can't contribute more on fixing this issue...it's a shame, really, for me....

thx for the discussion, guys!
    keep it up!

It's already been fixed for you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300

STEP 2. To INSTALL Clockwork Recovery mod- v4.0.1.4 UPDATED 03-AUG-11 - CHARGING ISSUES FIXED