FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How-To] Rooting & Installing Recovery on X10 Official SE GB [Picture & Video Guide]

13,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 39,795

Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd August 2011, 05:38 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 967

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

I will create a multiupload mirror when I get back home...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Thanks Doom, But I'd appreciate it if you upload it to mediafire too, We can't access multiupload here

2nd August 2011, 05:42 PM |#102  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riginal

Thanks Doom, But I'd appreciate it if you upload it to mediafire too, We can't access multiupload here

Ok

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
2nd August 2011, 06:15 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I did the complete procedure. Now my X10 is rooted and i see the SuperUser icon. But flashtool is not recognizing my X10 and hence I am not able to install xrecovery.

Pls help!!

EDIT: After installing PC companion, it took sometime in my system to reflect in flashtool. I could install Xrecovery. Thanks!!
2nd August 2011, 06:40 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hi can anyone help i am using a new laptop since i rooted my wifes phone. i did a xrecovery backup then did all the relevant wipes and flashed doomwolfs .zip i then pulled the battery and went to flash the firmware via flashtool. flashtool said no device drivers were installed and brought up a error. i have since installed sdk is that all i need to do for this to work on the new computer? i havent installed seus or anything like that as i didnt think i needed it. Thanks for your time

Here is a dropbox link of what flashtool says http://db.tt/dkW4Qq2
2nd August 2011, 07:10 PM |#105  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

More
hi i have added the following to the 1st post:

[ Troubleshooting ]
  1. if u are completely new to flashtool OR have never used it before PLEASE READ THIS: [FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies
  2. sometimes when flashing SEUS/PCC might interfere with flashtool which will lead to flashtool not able to recognize X10... if u have this problem then exit ALL OTHER running apps like SEUS/PCC antivirus/etc... only then Flashtool will work correctly...
  3. many users have reported that it is best to first install latest SEUS and then use flashtool... this will help Windows get the latest drivers for X10 from SEUS...
  4. if u have any other FLASHTOOL specific question u can read thru FlashTool thread
2nd August 2011, 07:17 PM |#106  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

More
Angry Multiple Mirrors
since ppl were having problems with my main server (most probably high demand ) here i am posting multiple mirrors:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2011, 03:26 AM |#107  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

hi i have added the following to the 1st post:

[ Troubleshooting ]

1. if u are completely new to flashtool OR have never used it before PLEASE READ THIS: [FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies
  2. sometimes when flashing SEUS/PCC might interfere with flashtool which will lead to flashtool not able to recognize X10... if u have this problem then exit ALL OTHER running apps like SEUS/PCC antivirus/etc... only then Flashtool will work correctly...
  3. many users have reported that it is best to first install latest SEUS and then use flashtool... this will help Windows get the latest drivers for X10 from SEUS...
  4. if u have any other FLASHTOOL specific question u can read thru FlashTool thread

Yup. That's it. But you should explain for them why they can't mount SDCard at the first step to install xRecovery.
3rd August 2011, 03:35 AM |#108  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I should mention that when following Doomlord's instruction, it failed for me... after the initial flashing. When turning the phone back on, flashtool didnt pick up. (I am running Windows 7 64bit). I move to another computer with Windows 7 32bit and it works as per instruction.

Can someone else confirm this? Thx.
3rd August 2011, 03:48 AM |#109  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukewa

I should mention that when following Doomlord's instruction, it failed for me... after the initial flashing. When turning the phone back on, flashtool didnt pick up. (I am running Windows 7 64bit). I move to another computer with Windows 7 32bit and it works as per instruction.

Can someone else confirm this? Thx.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit and it works fine. No error appears while doing.
Also, I'm using Administrator account for easy processing. If you are using normal account, please run FlashTool as Administrator. (Right click to select)
3rd August 2011, 04:03 AM |#110  
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thanks Doom I've been waiting for this...just follow the instructions and it works...I have win7 64x and had no problem at all...
3rd August 2011, 09:13 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello everyone
i have successfully rooted my phone but i was not able to install Xrecovery.
flash tool does not recognize the phone and window is founding a new hardware HEMS HSUSB and not able to install the necessary driver.
Note that i have the latest SEUS on my pc that i have used it to update to 2.3.3
thanks in advanced.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread