I have surprise for another day now.
Please donate with the "Donate to me" button on the top left of this post, if you are willing. I don't promise anything new in the future. It would just be a thank you for this hack.
Here is a very nicely done pdf with screenshots, done by twospirits.
Instructions with screenshots
Here is a very nice Youtube tutorial:
HDMI cable that came with HD Station
Monitor or TV with open HDMI port
Wifi connection on the phone
Computer with network access to the phone
1. Install Superuser from the Market
2. Install SSHDroid from the Market
3. Open SSHDroid, and make sure it is listening on port 2222
4. Connect Photon to HD Station
5. Connect HDMI to HD Station and TV/Monitor
6. Turn TV/Monitor on
7. Change TV/Monitor input to HDMI
8. Open Firefox in webtop
9. Go to http://higgs.cygnusx-1.org/~edgan/pulse.tar
10. Open it instead of saving
11. Extract pulse.tar to /var/tmp
12. Connect to phone via ssh at ip address mentioned in SSHDroid and port 2222
13. Type /var/tmp/pulse/pa_race
14. Type /var/tmp/pulse/install-su.sh
15. Type rm -rf /var/tmp/pulse*
Linux, in terminal window:
ssh -p 2222 root@ip-address-mentioned-in-SSHDroid
Mac, in terminal window:
ssh -p 2222 root@ipaddress-mentioned-in-SSHDroid
Thank you bane449!
Thank you PAulyhoffman!
Thank you Brandon15811!
Thank you Yay!
Thank you twospirits!