New Update "LG Update for Windows Phone"

Search This thread

borich

Jun 29, 2011
I didn't flash anything on my phone, its completely stock with NoDo as my latest update. The only thing I changed is the MFG unlock and the MobileOperator from 000-88 too VOD-DE.
Anyway, according to lg electronics german facebook's page they are working for the unbranded phone ad the update i coming in short time.

borich

Jun 29, 2011
Ok, that's nice, can you link it?
this is the discussion (in german):

Uwe Posch
Hallo,
bis wann können auch die restlichen Optimus 7 Besitzer welche kein Vodafone Branding haben, mit dem LG ROM Update rechnen?
Soll sich ja einiges an Akkuverbrauch und Signalstärke verbessert haben.
Der LG Support weiß leider von nichts, nicht mal dass die Vodfone Geräte ein Update bekommen haben.
Danke Gruß
28 luglio alle ore 14.23

LG Electronics Deutschland Welche Version ist denn auf deinem Gerät? Aktuell sind 7.0.7390.0 bzw. 7.0.7389.0. (NoDo). LG Sascha
28 luglio alle ore 14.30.

Uwe Posch Hallo, ich meinte nicht das Betriebssystem von Windows Phone, hier ist NoDo aktuell die ich auch habe. Ich meinte die Handy Firmeware von LG selbst. Bei sämtlichen Vodafone Geräten wurde diese aktualisiert und es brachte eine besseren Bedienung vom Touchscreen, Akku usw..
28 luglio alle ore 16.28.

LG Electronics Deutschland Ja richtig ich rede auch von Windows Phone 7. Ich möchte von dir gerne wissen, welche Versionsnummer bei dir installiert ist. LG Sascha
28 luglio alle ore 17.10.

Christian Živković hui, wusste ich auch nix davon, danke für den tipp! werd in nächster zeit mal ausschau halten
28 luglio alle ore 17.56.

Uwe Posch Betriebssystemversion: 7.0.7392.0 diese ist auf aktuellen Stand und die kommt ja auch von MS selbst. Aber bei der Fimwareversionsnummer 1.0.2.10 welche ich derzeit hab, gibt es eine aktuellere durch das Update.mit Firmwarerevisionsnummer: 1.0.10.10 sowie Funksoftware: 1.0.10.10 und Bootloader: 1.5.1.0 wurden aktualisiert. Gruß
28 luglio alle ore 19.39.

Christian Živković Hab auch nodo inklusive dem bugfix danach. Firmware ist bei mir auf 1.0.1.12, funksoftware ebenso. Bootloader ist auf 1.5.0.0. Hab ein ungebrandetes Gerät
28 luglio alle ore 22.26.

LG Electronics Deutschland Habe nachgefragt. Update für ungebrandete Geräte ist in Arbeit. LG Sascha
29 luglio alle ore 14.24 · 1 persona.

Christian Živković Hoffentlich dauerts nich so lang wie das update für das lgos ;)
29 luglio alle ore 14.41 · 1 persona.

Uwe Posch Danke für die Info. Gruß

http://www.facebook.com/LG

Reactions: ZeppeMan

Gahgah

Mar 31, 2008
Great to hear. I bet LG or Microsoft forgot that there're OpenMarket devices out in the wild. They now have to update Microsoft's Update Server so the Firmware update is delivered to OPN devices too.

But looks good for us :)

Sandwiches

Nov 23, 2008
I dont think firmware revision has anything to do with the OS version, they're totally separate from what I can tell.

Orange f/w seems to run 1.0.8.x
The one i'm testing now (V10a-GBR-xxx-feb-16-2011) is 1.0.1.10 (OPN f/w too)

both on 7.0.7392.0

which firmwares are running 1.0.10.x ? european ones?

borich

Jun 29, 2011
I dont think firmware revision has anything to do with the OS version, they're totally separate from what I can tell.

Orange f/w seems to run 1.0.8.x
The one i'm testing now (V10a-GBR-xxx-feb-16-2011) is 1.0.1.10 (OPN f/w too)

both on 7.0.7392.0

which firmwares are running 1.0.10.x ? european ones?
for example VOD-DE and now, with update, VOD-IT.

Last edited:

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
Any news on the FW update for EU OPN in UK yet.

Ive just flashed to V10b EU OPN from branded Orange UK, Im on Virgin Mobile UK.

Current
OS; 7392/FW: 1.0.2.10 / HW: 1.0.0.0 / Radio: 1.0.2.10 / Radio HW: 0.3.5.0 / BootL: 1.5.0.0 / SOC: 0.30.2.0.

Also, is this why I am unable to update the new versions of ScanSearch, PlayTo & Panorama Shot from LG Apps marketplace. When I select "Update" on these apps, it keeps telling me to connect to zune and update the phone.

Last edited:

cmoneto

Mar 29, 2011
lima
hey guys since i was bored i went down to Nodo. and i got the update. but mine reads like this
OS version: 7.10.7712.60
Firmware revision number: 1.0.6.10
Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0
Radio software version: 1.0.6.10
Radio hardware version: 0.3.5.0
Bootloader version: 1.5.1.0
Chip SOC version: 0.30.2.0

its strange since everybody is getting 10 instead of 6...

GolfVR6

Nov 29, 2010
Sao Paulo
I was on 7720 with the Europe Open ROM and flashed the Orange-FR to try to get this update, but it was stucked on 1.0.8.10, so I flashed the Vodafone-UK ROM and my phone booted on 1.0.10.10 already. Now I am just getting the 7392 update and I think that's it. The phone was on 7389 already too.

GolfVR6

Nov 29, 2010
Sao Paulo
Due to the lack of MMS support on Vodafone-UK, I've tried to flash the UK Open ROM and the firmware went back to 1.0.2.10, so I flashed with the Tim Italy which supports ADC and now I'm on 1.0.1.10 without any fw update on Zune.

This whole update process is a mess, geez

bingobongo123

Mar 18, 2008
Is there a "realease log" for .10 somewhere? What does it bring?
I am using the Open FW and not sure if I should switch to some "branded" FW just for the sake of the update...

s4cr3d

Jul 7, 2007
I am using mango rtm i noticed my scansearch compass is no longer useful....hope they get to fix the compass back again

Sent from my LG-E900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Arktronic

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2006
Like I posted in this thread, the .10 update appears to be V10j, and if you're really interested in finding out what's different, you can download it and view its contents (7zip works especially well with these updates).

Reactions: bingobongo123

johagster

Aug 25, 2011
Battery life is WORSE

I've had my E900 for quite some time, and one of the things I've been happy about is the batterylife. Previously, the battery would last for more than one day, pherhaps even a day and a half with normal use, wifi on, location on and 3G enabled, -doing various things like checking email etc.

Now, after this firmware update, call quality and performance is much better than before, but the batterylife is cut in HALF.

Anybody know where to provide this feedback to LG or Windows ? LG doesn't have much support at all.

sure haven't

Feb 5, 2009
I know I'm late to the party, but we travelled a lot this summer, and when we got back, the HDD on our PC started failing.
Anyways just finally got the update. The battery is MUCH much better.

Usually by this point in my day (2pm), I have to re-charge, but now I'm still at like 50%. Great news.

Can't wait for Mango.
...come onnnn Q2 2012.

-edit-

I'm using an LG Quantum, but also got the "LG update for Windows Phone" notice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It says this ->

"MobileOperator" = 000-88
    Ok, that's nice, can you link it?
    this is the discussion (in german):

Uwe Posch
    Hallo,
    bis wann können auch die restlichen Optimus 7 Besitzer welche kein Vodafone Branding haben, mit dem LG ROM Update rechnen?
    Soll sich ja einiges an Akkuverbrauch und Signalstärke verbessert haben.
    Der LG Support weiß leider von nichts, nicht mal dass die Vodfone Geräte ein Update bekommen haben.
    Danke Gruß
    28 luglio alle ore 14.23

LG Electronics Deutschland Welche Version ist denn auf deinem Gerät? Aktuell sind 7.0.7390.0 bzw. 7.0.7389.0. (NoDo). LG Sascha
    28 luglio alle ore 14.30.

Uwe Posch Hallo, ich meinte nicht das Betriebssystem von Windows Phone, hier ist NoDo aktuell die ich auch habe. Ich meinte die Handy Firmeware von LG selbst. Bei sämtlichen Vodafone Geräten wurde diese aktualisiert und es brachte eine besseren Bedienung vom Touchscreen, Akku usw..
    28 luglio alle ore 16.28.

LG Electronics Deutschland Ja richtig ich rede auch von Windows Phone 7. Ich möchte von dir gerne wissen, welche Versionsnummer bei dir installiert ist. LG Sascha
    28 luglio alle ore 17.10.

Christian Živković hui, wusste ich auch nix davon, danke für den tipp! werd in nächster zeit mal ausschau halten
    28 luglio alle ore 17.56.

Uwe Posch Betriebssystemversion: 7.0.7392.0 diese ist auf aktuellen Stand und die kommt ja auch von MS selbst. Aber bei der Fimwareversionsnummer 1.0.2.10 welche ich derzeit hab, gibt es eine aktuellere durch das Update.mit Firmwarerevisionsnummer: 1.0.10.10 sowie Funksoftware: 1.0.10.10 und Bootloader: 1.5.1.0 wurden aktualisiert. Gruß
    28 luglio alle ore 19.39.

Christian Živković Hab auch nodo inklusive dem bugfix danach. Firmware ist bei mir auf 1.0.1.12, funksoftware ebenso. Bootloader ist auf 1.5.0.0. Hab ein ungebrandetes Gerät
    28 luglio alle ore 22.26.

LG Electronics Deutschland Habe nachgefragt. Update für ungebrandete Geräte ist in Arbeit. LG Sascha
    29 luglio alle ore 14.24 · 1 persona.

Christian Živković Hoffentlich dauerts nich so lang wie das update für das lgos ;)
    29 luglio alle ore 14.41 · 1 persona.

Uwe Posch Danke für die Info. Gruß

http://www.facebook.com/LG
    Like I posted in this thread, the .10 update appears to be V10j, and if you're really interested in finding out what's different, you can download it and view its contents (7zip works especially well with these updates).
    Nop. In fact I don't know how and when the bootloader was updated because I've flashed at least 7 different ROMs in my E900.

It was originally an Orange-FR, then I flashed the Open-EU and got the NoDo through Zune at the NoDo deployment, and for the past 3 months I've used the Mango 7712 and the leaked RTM with my phone on the Open-EU, but then I've flashed TIM-IT, VOD-UK, VOD-DE and OPN-UK ROMs trying to receive the LG Update without success, so I gave up and flashed the OPN-FR that I am currently using and received the Mango update yesterday.

I've never received the "LG Update for Windows Phone" and I don't know exactly when my bootloader was updated to 1.5.1.0, but I remember it was on 1.5.1.0 prior to the yesterday's update.

Flw