*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

tiptoekirk

Feb 20, 2007
Charlotte
New version available.

11/01/07
- Added option to disconnect/connect GPS between uploads. (Power saving)
- Configuration loading/saving has been remade (sorry guys, but you will have to reenter all your settings. I promise this is the last time!)

You live in the DC area it appears... I know that route very well the Greenway.. I plan on testing this software and I will will give you feedback! Thanks!

peter7

Aug 31, 2005
Hello - is this software also working with google maps ???

Thanks myrin

Last edited:

powerppc

Aug 7, 2004
Diamond Bar
www.powercx.com
I have not yet installed it but it looks really cool from the screen shots. I have been using 3DTracking (free) but it is not without its problems and does not look as comprehensive as this. Does it carry on logging position after you power-down (standby) the Kaiser? 3DTracking does and its a real pain as it means you have to keep the screen on all the time!!

The GPS Turns off if you power down the device. However, with this program, it keeps the light on unless you tell it to shut the screen off. The GPS will still be on with the screen off and sending data.

Staryon did a good job implementing the screen off. I have a button that is remapped to turn the screen off. I have this gps tracking on all the time and it doesn't waste that much more battery since it's set to 15m to not send data.

Staryon, Is there a way to automatically turn off the screen, to save more battery rather than manually push a button?

Keep up the good work.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
The GPS Turns off if you power down the device. However, with this program, it keeps the light on unless you tell it to shut the screen off. The GPS will still be on with the screen off and sending data.

Staryon did a good job implementing the screen off. I have a button that is remapped to turn the screen off. I have this gps tracking on all the time and it doesn't waste that much more battery since it's set to 15m to not send data.

Staryon, Is there a way to automatically turn off the screen, to save more battery rather than manually push a button?

Keep up the good work.

Yes, I was planning in adding that too. At this moment I'm working on this special mode where everything is stored locally instead of uploading to a server. As soon as I finish with that, I will implement that function.

Regards

hendrixus

Jan 25, 2006
Amsterdam
Is this program about the same as This?

It logs your GPS route and export it to Google earth.

screenshot.jpg

Tabs "route", "Location", "Settings" and the "info"probely äbout"

This program only works on Pocket PC with build-in GPS like the HTC P3600

powerppc

Aug 7, 2004
Diamond Bar
www.powercx.com
Is this program about the same as This?

It logs your GPS route and export it to Google earth.

screenshot.jpg

Tabs "route", "Location", "Settings" and the "info"probely äbout"

This program only works on Pocket PC with build-in GPS like the HTC P3600

That program looks like it's for off-line tracker and the kml or gpx can be exported to Google Earth for review. I don't think it's real time.

Jewcookie

Nov 25, 2005
Flevoland
This app is pretty cool, I tested it when i walked a block around my house when my dad was following me on screen. He opened the door for me when i walked in front of the house. :p

padawan

Nov 2, 2006
Pit in basement...
Nice app. Only (bug) maybe is that it cannot connect to your webserver unless i already have made a connection with pie then everything works.

Would be nice to link the kml data to google maps.

I'm out...

padawan

Nov 2, 2006
Pit in basement...
Google maps...

From what I read on google maps you are supposed to be able to access your kml data from maps.google.com in the search box. Would make sense since that is what Google Earth is doing (as it appears).

I tried it and the response was "http://luisespinosa.com:80/... could not be displayed because it contains errors."

Anyone else try this yet?

I'm out...

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
From what I read on google maps you are supposed to be able to access your kml data from maps.google.com in the search box. Would make sense since that is what Google Earth is doing (as it appears).

I tried it and the response was "http://luisespinosa.com:80/... could not be displayed because it contains errors."

Anyone else try this yet?

I'm out...

Yes, I just tried it and you're right, it doesn't work. I am going to get a KML that works with Google Maps and I will compare it with the one that I generate, just to see if there are some differences.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Updates...

I'm working on a new version that lets you to choose if you want to store your data in a local file or on a remote server.

Also, when you generate KML files you will be able to choose where you want it. (local or remote). So even if you all your data is stored locally, you will be able to place the KML file on a remote server.

By the way.... how do you guys think I should call the data that I get from the GPS? My English is not great and I want to name it in such a way that can be understood by anybody.

Locations? Points? Positions? Fixes?

Thanks

while(!(linux)){wm}

Sep 21, 2007
"Fixes" makes sense to me. "positions" also works. Maybe "GPS Fixes"? "GPS Position Fixes"?

I haven't looked at this thread for a few days. You're really doing great, Staryon! Thanks for implementing my suggestions. I also would like to specify the extension in the URL. I usually use .cgi

Keep up the great work!

while(!(linux)){wm}

Sep 21, 2007
Staryon,

Another thing i noticed is that when i put my Kaiser in landscape mode, i can't scroll down in the configuration menu. Would it be possible to add a scroll bar?

taiseer999

Jan 3, 2005
Am I the only one getting an error message each time I open the program;

Unexpected error has occurred.............

I am using Aku 0.7 cooked rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir