FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,124

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2011, 12:16 AM |#91  
Flag Mustang, Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Canon DLSR EOS XS & Acer A500
Im having Issues.

I have a Canon DSLR EOS XS And im using an ACER A500

I can get Live view to show up.. But I cannot Control anything. I get Blank Menus if I press ISO or anything like that. And If I try and take a picture it says Capture Failed.

Im Using the Full size USB port on my Tablet. And it all looks good. I just get no control

Am I doing something wrong? Or is my Camera or Tablet Being Retarded?

6th August 2011, 12:39 AM |#92  
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 1

More
amazing! good work.

Will try as soon as I get a host adapter for my S2.
6th August 2011, 01:01 AM |#93  
Flag Gorinchem
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I doubt the Desire will ever support this, unless it sees an Ice Cream Sandwich port. As for a "generic way", it is less generic than you might think. No idea how well the 5D.I would perform with it.

Ok, I thought the usb control mode for Canon DSLR's was generic because I used to have a program on my laptop to control my 1D Mk2 and that particular program can control nearly all Canon camera's. That's why I thought they had figured out a way to make this generic. A bit like Philips made up the RCx protocol for controlling various devices.

Still hopefull. I read various comments that the Desire has USB OTG support. Something I have to investigate. Would love to control the camera from the phone. Good for studio work.
6th August 2011, 01:21 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

See Market... if you can see DSLR Controller (v0.51 or up, not v0.5 !) then at least your device is telling Market that it has USB host support...

I can see it, I just cannot purchase and download it.
6th August 2011, 02:13 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:

That is an odd issue, which I suspect is related to TheZuneLune's problems with focus. I believe somehow something goes wrong which puts the camera in the "waiting" state. When in this state, some commands work, others do not. If you actually take a picture, does it work again (once) ?

Ok I just did a bit more testing on the loss of touch-screen focus with my setup (Galaxy Tab 10.1 + Canon 50D). After the program connects and opens, 1) I drag and set the focus point to the desired location, 2) I tap the screen to focus, which it does, 3) I capture the photo (successfully), and finally 4) after I move the focusing point to a new location, I tape the screen to focus and nothing happens. The program still works and isn't completely frozen, as I can still access the focusing toggle buttons which do work just fine. I've also noticed that again I can only change the focus option (Quick, Live, and :) ) once during a session; after that when I try to select a different option I am unable to select another toggle button.

Apart from that everything else seems to be functioning reasonably well.

And by the way, yes, the 180-degree flip option would do the trick just fine. I'm totally fine with the landscape situation, just want to be able to flip the tab over, that would be perfect!
6th August 2011, 04:05 AM |#96  
This is so cool!! I was reading DPReview and was thinking, WTF a XDA developer doing here in a camera website!? http://www.dpreview.com/news/1108/11...etheredapp.asp
This is very cool!

One question thought, is the frame rate limit by the phone/tablet itself or by the camera? Since 15fps is quite choppy...of course I don't think anyone will use this to take split second photo, but improving the frame rate might be some sort of priority. If it's limit by the camera, maybe using a Sony DSLR could improve the frame rate? Since I think Live View is best on Sony rather than on Canon or Nikon. Oh, and when is Sony DSLR be supported? Will definitely try this once you have Sony supported since I only have a Sony a33 at the moment.

Also, is it possible to select where the photo will be saved? On the camera's card or on the phone/tablet SD card?

Great work!!
6th August 2011, 04:19 AM |#97  

More
Same experience with my 450D on a Iconia... Sorry, edit.... I'm using a 450D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy405

Im having Issues.

I have a Canon DSLR EOS XS And im using an ACER A500

I can get Live view to show up.. But I cannot Control anything. I get Blank Menus if I press ISO or anything like that. And If I try and take a picture it says Capture Failed.

Im Using the Full size USB port on my Tablet. And it all looks good. I just get no control

Am I doing something wrong? Or is my Camera or Tablet Being Retarded?

6th August 2011, 04:31 AM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
180-degree flip in update works beautifully
Just received the update to the app, the 180 flip works really nicely, thanks for that

Unfortunately I can still confirm that my touch focus issue persists; can still only perform one touch-screen-to-focus action per session, regardless if a photo has been captured, or if the focusing point has been relocated. FWIW I'm running the new official 3.1 TouchWiz rom on my Galaxy Tab 10.1.
6th August 2011, 05:46 AM |#99  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Very cool! But sadly I'm using Sony
6th August 2011, 07:35 AM |#100  
Flag Mustang, Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colortrilogy

Same experience with my 40d on a Iconia...

Good im glad im not the only one. I thought Maybe i was just being Retarded using it.. haha

So What can we do and what info can we provide to get this fixed.
6th August 2011, 07:46 AM |#101  

More
This looks awesome - great work. I'll be buying it as soon as I can get hold of the cable.

Bit of a long shot, but any chance of getting it to work wirelessly?

I've got a 1D Mk IV with the wireless file transmitter.

If your software could be made to work with this, it would be amazing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)