FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,126

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2011, 12:08 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question Question
XPERIA NEO this application works on 2.3.3 and CANON EOS450D??

6th August 2011, 12:26 PM |#112  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shafik

What about us poor people with no access to the paid market or paypal?
I live in Egypt and we can't use paypal, even using "Market Access" to reveal the paid apps doesn't work when it comes to the payment method.

Is there anyway I can buy this app? I am willing to do online money transfer if possible, can you please make it work? Before your app I tried contacting the "RemoteYourCam Pro" developer but I didn't get a response.

Not at the moment, sorry. Though I will certainly be looking at other payment methods once the program is fully stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjJuvan

Great work there, I bought the app and it works great on Samsung Galaxy S2 (2.3.4) and EOS 550D. While it has very little basic options, I propose you really start doing on stuff you already have on "to-do" list and here are even more ideas:
- saving images/video to mobile phone
- direct sending images/video over wifi/3g to web hosts (facebook/dropbox...etc) (with an option of only making smaller preview picture)
- live web broadcast through mobile internet/wifi with use of Ustream/others...
- timer
- better video recording support (live view while recording would be nice, and a working button for "start record")

if you like, I could write more ideas ^^

Thx!!

All those are already on the to-do list (the list is pretty long, and people add to it daily), however, my first priority right now and for the near future is stability and improving EOS models support. As you can read in this thread, various people are still having some problems with various EOS models. That is the absolute #1 priority.

Saving to mobile is high on the list, so is timer and video. Direct sending to web hosts and live broadcast is significantly lower on the to-do list.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2011, 12:29 PM |#113  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Sony Alpha support
Should you need a camera to implement Sony support in the future, then you can borrow mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to toaom2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toaom2 Ad-Free
6th August 2011, 12:34 PM |#114  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

All those are already on the to-do list (the list is pretty long, and people add to it daily), however, my first priority right now and for the near future is stability and improving EOS models support. As you can read in this thread, various people are still having some problems with various EOS models. That is the absolute #1 priority.

Saving to mobile is high on the list, so is timer and video. Direct sending to web hosts and live broadcast is significantly lower on the to-do list.

Glad to hear... this app is probably the third best thing i bought along 550D and Galaxy S2
6th August 2011, 01:07 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Great progress and I am using an iPad for now with an Eye-fi SD card and Shuttersnitch.

I have worked with Wireless USB to control the camera from my computer/notebook and that works fine and it transfers the pictures swiftly.

Some speedtests: Transfer programme, Downloader Pro 2.2.7

Wireless USB (WUSB not WiFi)
CF card in Camera --> WUSB --> computer: 3.6 MB/sec
CF card in Lexar card-reader --> WUSB --> computer: 5.9 MB/sec

EyeFi SD Pro X2 8GB
RAW picture 18 MB --> EyeFi --> computer: 1.6 MB/sec

USB cable
CF card in Camera --> computer: 10.1 MB/sec
CF card in Lexar card-reader --> computer: 27 MB/sec

I don't have Android device so I can't test if the Wireless USB dongles will work.

My first post here in almost 4 years since I became Junior Member. ;)
6th August 2011, 01:28 PM |#116  

More
Hi,

I have an S2 (CFRooted + CF3D) and the marketplace is saying that that this app is incompatible with my devices.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
6th August 2011, 01:28 PM |#117  

Donate to Me
More
Interesting, have some informational links for that WUSB hardware?
6th August 2011, 01:34 PM |#118  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma2k

Hi,

I have an S2 (CFRooted + CF3D) and the marketplace is saying that that this app is incompatible with my devices.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Again, again, and again, you need a 2.3.4 KG series firmware. You can find them here on XDA or on SamFirmware. These are not officially released yet, though I believe roll out should start this month.
6th August 2011, 01:50 PM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
For those of us on nook colors, CM7 is now at android 2.3.5 overclocked to 1.2ghz and USB host mode enabled. How can we install this? I would pay even just to test it.

Great work with this app. I've been looking for an android app like this!
6th August 2011, 03:09 PM |#120  
Flag Singaraja
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Very Nice..... (but can't try yet)

You mention "Exposure Compensation and Bracket" as one of the features...

Dou you extend the bracketing features? Or does it mean you can set the standard bracketing?

If your software supports the same type of bracketing as the Promote controller ( http://bit.ly/kxcR1 ) it will be a real winner.... (for HDR)
6th August 2011, 03:17 PM |#121  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Did some more field testing today with un-updated Beta from the market. The only problems I had was with the app periodically freezing up and needing to restart it. I only used manual focus, though.

Shooting today, I concur about extended bracketing (more than 3 exposures), that would be a killer function. Also wondered if it is possible for the app to rotate when the camera is moved to shoot in portrait?

I am also looking forward to the intravalometer features.

BTW - you made Engadget!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)