FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] Ubuntu on the Transformer (eMMC install)

1,339 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,043

By lilstevie, Senior Recognized Developer on 29th July 2011, 06:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2011, 04:43 PM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie

the flash config is adaptive, /data will fill all but the last 4.4gb for ubuntu

Excellent....FLASHING!!!

5th August 2011, 06:55 PM |#162  
Thanks Meter: 276

Donate to Me
More
Multiboot by cmw.zips

This will restore cwm on recovery partition.
And multiboot by flashing Ubuntu.zip or Android.zip

Create flash-recovery.sh in flashkit dir !!

The code below wil not work unless you provide some info on witch flash mode you used !!!!!
Like me i have selected flash-linux-android.sh,
View it and find witch --config file it use as you can see below.

--->--configfile ./flash/android-linux.cfg <---

Code:
#!/bin/sh
nflash --bct ./images/transformer.bct --setbct --configfile ./flash/android-linux.cfg --bl ./images/bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x300d8011 --sbk 0x1682CCD8 0x8A1A43EA 0xA532EEB6 0xECFE1D98 --sync
nflash -r --download 5 ./images/recovery.img
To Make this code above work replaced nflash with ./nvflash -> then sudo sh flash-recovery.sh

Android <-- Prime 1.7 kernel !! you can select any kernel you want !!
MD5 : 97cf64f6d5698276bde1d8657ec80cef

Ubuntu
MD5 : 40c9f82c30e0fd8230c712e23f2e3597
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jhinta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jhinta Ad-Free
5th August 2011, 10:40 PM |#163  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Doesn't seem to be working for me, i edited the sh file and changed to the proper config. I have linux installed as the default OS and android on the recovery so i changed --configfile ./flash/linux-default.cfg. I get unknown command sync and connection failed nverror on transferring over the recovery image. Dunno if its on my end or not anybody have any ideas?

Edit i pasted my info into a nano terminal file i created and reflashed and everything worked, downloading primes new release to test this out with. Thanks jhinta so far this is looks like a great way to keep us updated with future roms.
6th August 2011, 12:19 AM |#164  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfusion77

Doesn't seem to be working for me, i edited the sh file and changed to the proper config. I have linux installed as the default OS and android on the recovery so i changed --configfile ./flash/linux-default.cfg. I get unknown command sync and connection failed nverror on transferring over the recovery image. Dunno if its on my end or not anybody have any ideas?

Edit i pasted my info into a nano terminal file i created and reflashed and everything worked, downloading primes new release to test this out with. Thanks jhinta so far this is looks like a great way to keep us updated with future roms.

Do you have a recovery.img in dir images?
6th August 2011, 12:23 AM |#165  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
It appears to be a problem with my original sh script but copying the contents over to a nano file thru terminal fixed the issue, everything successfully copied over now and i flashed over the linux.zip and linux booted with no problems at all. Just downloading primes new zip now to test out android. Thanx

Just flashed the new prime 1.7 zip and booted up to it without any issues, rebooted and went into recovery and flashed linux.zip and it booted directly into linux Nice work
6th August 2011, 12:11 PM |#166  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi, i have big problem
running with sudo script flash-linux-android.sh
with this line

./ubuntu/abootimg-x86_64 --create linux.img -f ./ubuntu/bootcfg/bootimg.cfg -k ./ubuntu/zImage -r ./ubuntu/initrd.img

i have this error:

./ubuntu/abootimg-x86_64: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

I have not figured out how to change the line:
./ubuntu/abootimg-$(uname -i) --create linux.img -f ./ubuntu/bootcfg/bootimg.cfg -k ./ubuntu/zImage -r ./ubuntu/initrd.img

how do I change it?
Best regard
6th August 2011, 02:37 PM |#167  

Donate to Me
More
try running abootimg from command and see if you get output if not build it from source
just go to abootimg dir and try run abootimg

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
6th August 2011, 03:00 PM |#168  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Simple Version
Here's a simple nvflash package I put together to make things easy. It uses Jhinta's CWM files (incl.) and Prime 1.7. Just add ubuntu.img (from the OP) and run download-ubuntu.sh. (You'll still need to run the firmware injection script for drivers though.)

http://www.multiupload.com/6GZSLRBP8S

MD5: 843f964141ac96423c2fcdfc26092050
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rdnetto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdnetto Ad-Free
6th August 2011, 04:30 PM |#169  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinta

try running abootimg from command and see if you get output if not build it from source
just go to abootimg dir and try run abootimg

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

with this manual command

[email protected]:~/Desktop/linux-flash-kit$ sudo ./ubuntu/abootimg-x86_64 --create linux.img -f ./ubuntu/bootcfg/bootimg.cfg -k ./ubuntu/zImage -r ./ubuntu/initrd.img

i have this error
[email protected]:~/Desktop/linux-flash-kit$

:(
6th August 2011, 04:44 PM |#170  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertazzi65

with this manual command

[email protected]:~/Desktop/linux-flash-kit$ sudo ./ubuntu/abootimg-x86_64 --create linux.img -f ./ubuntu/bootcfg/bootimg.cfg -k ./ubuntu/zImage -r ./ubuntu/initrd.img

i have this error
[email protected]:~/Desktop/linux-flash-kit$

:(

So your asking for help.
And sure i like to help.
But when i say a you do b, your on your own!
Like before run abootimg and see if it works if not build it

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Jhinta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jhinta Ad-Free
6th August 2011, 09:24 PM |#171  
Flag Thionville

More
usb wifi card
Hello,
I have an external wifi usb card and I wanted to use it on my transformer.
When I plug it under ubuntu, nothing happens. It's working on my acer laptop under ubuntu.
Any idea ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)