Search This thread

bigdogn12

Jun 17, 2009
Flashing the odex one will leave you in that state just with root, otherwise you'll need to downgrade back down to one of the older ROMs (3.29 or below) and upgrade from there

HI xHausx,

Thank you for the response. What do you mean "just with root"? So if I want exactly what I need, I download the 3.29 rom, and then go back to the menu - settings - software update to get 4.22? Are you just suggesting the 3.29 rom because that's the only "original" rom in the wiki (others are root/ odex/ deodex)?

Thank you.

Last edited:

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
HI xHausx,

Thank you for the response. What do you mean "just with root"? So if I want exactly what I need, I download the 3.29 rom, and then go back to the menu - settings - software update to get 4.22? Are you just suggesting the 3.29 rom because that's the only "original" rom in the wiki (others are root/ odex/ deodex)?

Thank you.

There is a file there you will need in order to upgrade to gingerbread that is not in some of the newer RUUs

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
Are you on 4.24.651.1 right now?

Btw, I hit the Thanks button on your post by accident on my Evo.

Edit:
For some reason I didn't see xHausx's responses till now.
You're obviously in good hands :)

Last edited:

runcool

Dec 24, 2010
bump. why the hell did I have to go through 9 pages JUST to get to this thread? wow. ever heard anything about pin'ing it? errrr

Tekn010933

"Stop spamming my thread."Lol

Haus, know u been busy but let me get to the point. I was working on something regarding "2.3" acheiving a full root. I had PM u since would not be appropriate for this thread, 100 apologies but I am still and think that this project is very close to being a success but with ur help would be greatly appriciated.

EvoMAN 2.3 unRooted XDA Prem

Last edited:

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
"Stop spamming my thread."Lol

Haus, know u been busy but let me get to the point. I was working on something regarding "2.3" acheiving a full root. I had PM u since would not be appropriate for this thread, 100 apologies but I am still and think that this project is very close to being a success but with ur help would be greatly appriciated.

EvoMAN 2.3 unRooted XDA Prem

Sorry about that man, here lately I haven't been doing a very good job of keeping up with PMs and emails so it may have gotten buried. Are you on IRC? Usually that's the best way to get a hold of me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In order to cut down on the confusion I created a new thread for the latest update. Version 4.24.651.1 can be found here.

Stock 4.22.651.2 ROM, rooted and ready for your flashing pleasures. This is a completely stock ROM that has had nothing done to it outside of rooting, zip aligning and de-odexing. As always, create a nandroid before flashing.

Notes:
    -The Firmware (Radio, WiMAX and PRI) can be flashed by renaming the file to PC36IMG, placing it in the base folder of your sd card and then turning the phone on while holding volume down.
    -Odexed means faster first boot and smaller memory footprint but is not themable, de-odexed means a long first boot and slightly larger memory footprint but can be themed.

Stock Update
    Stock ROM with SU Fix - No Wipe Needed If Coming From A Stock Sense ROM:

4.22.651.2 Rooted & Odexed - updated 06/05/11
    4.22.651.2 Rooted & De-Odexed - updated 06/05/11

Firmware:
    Must be flashed through hBoot/Fastboot! Not Recovery.
    PC36IMG - Radio, WiMAX and PRI Updates (MD5: 2E5C63EA59891A69F6D55C257CF165D5)

Extras
    Standalone Kernel Zips:
    Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) w/ Wireless N Enabled - Thanks Chuckhriczko for the post on fixing wireless N
    Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) - Thanks Aamikam

Mods & Fixes:
    Flashable Super User Fix - Thanks to DrMacinyasha and ChainsDD
    4.22.651.2 Wipe - Can be used when flashing between some ROMs so data does not need wiped
    Unlocked WiFI Hotspot - Thanks to noimjosh
    1% Battery Icons and Clear Notification Background - Thanks Martijua
    Remove USB Debugging Notification - Thanks Martijua

Thanks To:
    zone23 for uploading the OTA update
    Mirrors are thanks to bjaxon
    Aamikam for the kernel zip
    Chuckhriczko for info about Wireless N
    Noimjosh for wireless hotspot fix
    Martijua for the Battery % and USB Debugging mods
    Everything below is from the previously leaked test ROM, not the update that just came out.

These are flashable copies of the rooted stock 4.12.651.1 ROM for the Evo. The only things that have been changed from the leak is the boot.img has been unlocked and SU & busybox have been added. You can find the partition folders these were made from in the original thread here.

Screen filter from the market can be used to adjust brightness for those with novatek panels. (Thank you to whoever posted about that first, sorry but I didn't catch who that was)

If you are already using a Sense ROM you should be ok wiping the dalvik-cache and flashing over top of it. Otherwise you will need to wipe your Data partition.

ROM only without the Radio

Stock 4.12.651.1 odexed (MD5 19752F454802D44EAAF22C0276E95F67)
    Stock 4.12.651.1 de-odexed (MD5 EB1301A4E34EC48C7526C3ED1D221867)

Standalone Radio PC36IMG (must be flashed through the hBoot/fastboot)
    Evo Radio Version 2.15.00.04.08 (MD5 1ECE6F6BC355AFB721BA7264F82DD1E7)
    As always, flash with caution and remember that you are the only one responsible for what you do to your phone.

Camera Fix for 720p Video FC

GBCameraFix.zip, mirrors

Thanks go to
    HTC for the ROM
    Sniper911 for posting the ROM
    wdfowty for the original thread
    here is a working zip with the kernel.... it dont have the ramdisk... its the lib files and the zimage... so it wont mess with your current rom boot sequence.

i posted it HERE

yes... wifi/4g works... have fun.

or... just Download it.
    Ok,I figured why I had error in apk tool when added battery %.Problem was in my icons.I had to use a layer based on original icon.
    Here is a 1% and 33 battery charging (animation) icons ported from win mo Tsowen taskbar.
    I also added anim.xmls from CM ROM (when you tap on world clock or back hardware key or dialer) it will make kinda zoom in&out effect similar to Launcher Pro
    I hate porting icons lol

Added my fave options panel.It will draw apps menu ("menu" hardware key) from center buttom to the sides and up
    Attached flashable zip.
    Thanks to Myn and Riptide :)
    My work around for getting into recovery was to install Rom manager, it has no other use to me with anon ra recovery, but it does let me get there without battery pulls or any other gayness.

Menu>settings>applications. Then disable the fastboot option. Then you can power off and get to recovery as normal. When fastboot is enabled, the phone doesn't really shut off. That's why you can't get to recovery without a battery pull.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App