76 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By techwerkz, Member on 8th June 2010, 06:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2011, 04:08 AM |#171  
Flag WI
Thanks Meter: 4

More
the download link to CDMA workshop now is version 3.7 I was confused at first, when you said com port right, now its on the left, but still gives the MSL code. Thanks for the great tut. worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonM79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JasonM79 Ad-Free

29th June 2011, 01:34 PM |#172  
Flag Morgantown
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks! Worked like a charm for my OTA'ed unrooted Evo3D.
13th July 2011, 01:07 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Unhappy Need help.
3 days I've been trying to retrieve MSL of my HTC Desire CDMA.

I'm using Windows 7 32-bit.
Software: CDMA Workshop 3.7.0 (Demo).

When I've installed driver, there's no "HTC USB Modem" driver, only "HTC Diagnostic Interface". "USB Debugging" is turned on.
Dialed ##3424#, connected my Desire to PC through the usb-cable. I left "Charging only" on my phone.
So, changed com-port to 6.
Put my "workshop" on this port. Tried to read SPC and got this trouble-window:

I've made 2 or even 3 hardresets of my phone, a lot of softresets, but it didn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by about phone

Hboot: 1.06
Android ver.: 2.2
Baseband ver.: 2.16.00.02.17
Software num.: 2.13.557.0
PRI ver.: 6.03_112

Please, anyone, help me!!!
18th July 2011, 04:04 AM |#174  
Flag The Intarwebz
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Thank you. Very useful how-to, and easy to understand.
5th August 2011, 06:13 AM |#175  

More
Not trying to bump an old thread, but I've tried every single method in this thread to no avail. I'm using the EVO from Japan on KDDI's network. I got close with adb shell getprop, but didn't use the string the first poster suggested, as it was not found. I did find [gsm.sim.operator.numeric]: [44054] in there and tried 44054[0-9] but none of them worked.

I can't call into customer service because they hardly speak English and have no idea what MSL is or anything of the like. Sigh.
9th August 2011, 06:10 PM |#176  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I figured out how to get this to work on the OTA updated devices. I just got a replacement, and tried the steps in the original post, and and I kept getting the same error that mikecore was getting a few posts up. Here is how to fix that.

Before you go to the step in the original post where he has you click "read" on the security tab where it says SPC, head over to the terminal tab, and enter the following (exactly as I have it below with spaces and everything) on the line that says "DM Commands"

41 74 64 77 61 6F 70

Click "send"

You should get some output below in the message box along the lines of:

"Answer Length 5 bytes >
0x0000: 41 01 70 41 7E .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. | A.pA~............."

Then go back over to the security tab and try reading you SPC / User Lock.

After I did what I explained above, it worked perfectly for me. And all I was using was the Demo version of CDMA workshop.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pinto bean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pinto bean Ad-Free
10th August 2011, 04:14 AM |#177  

More
Someone else try my post above and verify that it works for others.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinto bean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pinto bean Ad-Free
10th August 2011, 04:57 AM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 260

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inifekt

Not trying to bump an old thread, but I've tried every single method in this thread to no avail. I'm using the EVO from Japan on KDDI's network. I got close with adb shell getprop, but didn't use the string the first poster suggested, as it was not found. I did find [gsm.sim.operator.numeric]: [44054] in there and tried 44054[0-9] but none of them worked.

I can't call into customer service because they hardly speak English and have no idea what MSL is or anything of the like. Sigh.

Try log cat

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
10th August 2011, 09:57 AM |#179  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoboi187

Try log cat

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

After posting that. I tried alogcat and no luck either.
10th August 2011, 05:13 PM |#180  

More
Try the method in the very first post in this thread, but use the extra step I mentioned a few posts up.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinto bean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pinto bean Ad-Free
6th September 2011, 11:14 PM |#181  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Need Your Help
OK here Is the situation. My friend has an evo 4g with a bad esn number..now what he wants to do is flash the evo over to cricket. I read somewhere u can flash the evo over to cricket is that right? And what about the bad esn? Hopefully someone can give me some suggestions and point me in the right dirrection
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)