HTCdev

Search This thread

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Just in case anyone missed it, HTCdev is up.

The web tool to unlock bootloaders will be released there, site says to keep checking back for updates.

Whenever it comes up, whoever sees it first should post here that it's available.

Meantime, kernel source for a variety of HTC devices is available for download, and the opensense sdk is there as well.

Holding my breath for the unlock bootloader to be released...

nbetcher

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Just in case anyone missed it, HTCdev is up.

The web tool to unlock bootloaders will be released there, site says to keep checking back for updates.

Whenever it comes up, whoever sees it first should post here that it's available.

Meantime, kernel source for a variety of HTC devices is available for download, and the opensense sdk is there as well.

Holding my breath for the unlock bootloader to be released...

Meh. Revolutionary will be on scene with S-OFF before HTC anyways since HTC doesn't even have a timeframe for other device support besides the Shooter and Pyramid.

sonicjam

Nov 9, 2008
York, PA
You know if you unlock your bootloader with that tool they will have your phone's info sent to their servers and they will know you chose to void your warranty.

Reactions: Blue6IX

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
You know if you unlock your bootloader with that tool they will have your phone's info sent to their servers and they will know you chose to void your warranty.

While I would have realized this before I sat down to actually do it, I appreciate you pointing that out.

chorpler

Feb 16, 2008
Is the unlocking tool going to know if you've actually done the unlock? In other words, will they know if you actually went ahead and unlocked it and voided the warranty, or will they just know that you MIGHT have voided your warranty by unlocking it?

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
From what I gather the process will include interaction with the website (or HTC servers) to complete the unlock process.

They will know you did it.

Akujin

Aug 3, 2009
Maui, HI
Sony Xperia 5 II
So how long until someone figures out how to use either the hboot they give you or the software to unlock phones without pinging htc servers? This is begging for a mirror.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.