FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Suli MY-7 / LY-F521 / GT-PAD / DIEL FLICK / SENSE V7

142 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By phiit, Senior Member on 6th June 2011, 10:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th August 2011, 09:14 PM |#221  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i just checked: for the nand you can choose ntfs or fat32 if you choose erase
 
 
9th August 2011, 09:17 PM |#222  
tinybeetle's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Largo, FL
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebbles

i just checked: for the nand you can choose ntfs or fat32 if you choose erase

Thanks! I'll have to remember that next time I upgrade the FW. I don't feel like reloading my stuff to the NAND right now.
9th August 2011, 09:21 PM |#223  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
ofcourse :)
I had no choice so that made it easy :)
10th August 2011, 06:12 AM |#224  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 653
 
More
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q1ZRD7GA
here is 20110719 ROM. I don't have LY-F521 so I can't test it.

it seems they changed screen orientation and sensors.so. I'm not sure there is accelerometer orientation issue on LY-F521, but probably they fix it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fun_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fun_ Ad-Free
10th August 2011, 08:16 AM |#225  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I like the sound of that. My screen rotate seems to have failed lately. I think maybe a screen lock/rotate widget may have change something which suck cos it didn't even work. Thanks fun_ I might try it next week if Im feeling brave.
10th August 2011, 03:03 PM |#226  
tinybeetle's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Largo, FL
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q1ZRD7GA
here is 20110719 ROM. it seems they changed screen orientation and sensors.so. I'm not sure there is accelerometer orientation issue on LY-F521, but probably they fix it.

Thanks!!! Where did you find it? And is there a changelog?
10th August 2011, 04:22 PM |#227  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q1ZRD7GA
here is 20110719 ROM. I don't have LY-F521 so I can't test it.

it seems they changed screen orientation and sensors.so. I'm not sure there is accelerometer orientation issue on LY-F521, but probably they fix it.

just flashed it via FWDN_V7_v2.13 - works on the ly-f521
they changed the lcd-density to 240. rooting works like before (SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse)
the axis of the sensor are still mirrored (grrrr)

the recovery is accessable - but still no way to move up and down, means still worthless...still no easy way to flash cwm. it dont flashes the update.zip automatically (tested both, nand and sdcard).

BUT...ON PHONE I VE BOUT 597 MB FREE (at least superbox app2sd means that)
The Following User Says Thank You to palermo123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palermo123 Ad-Free
10th August 2011, 11:27 PM |#228  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 653
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybeetle

Thanks!!! Where did you find it? And is there a changelog?

from Japanese BBS. as you can see there is no changelog, no other info.
10th August 2011, 11:31 PM |#229  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 653
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palermo123

just flashed it via FWDN_V7_v2.13 - works on the ly-f521
they changed the lcd-density to 240. rooting works like before (SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse)
the axis of the sensor are still mirrored (grrrr)

the recovery is accessable - but still no way to move up and down, means still worthless...still no easy way to flash cwm. it dont flashes the update.zip automatically (tested both, nand and sdcard).

BUT...ON PHONE I VE BOUT 597 MB FREE (at least superbox app2sd means that)

thank you for your test & report. hmm, it sounds it keeps standard china quality, nice

re to "597MB FREE", size of MTD is 1GB now? internal NAND area is shrinked?
latest EM73 lk.rom also have -512MB NAND and +512MB MTD.
can you tell me "df" or "cat /proc/mtd" output?
11th August 2011, 05:34 AM |#230  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
No joy with FW update or root
I've been following the up date video very carefully but when I try to boot it, it does not get recognised. I have notice that since about day 1 I have not been able to connect to my computer (mac) in debugging mode. I know it worked once but will not mount. Tried on my PC partition (XP) and on my mates PC (XP) but nada. So this makes me think maybe I have a problem with my NAND. I can copy files to it (over wifi with ES). If I reformat the NAND will I loose the FW too?

I also tried to root using superoneclick I couldn't even get that to open on my PC.

FAIL!

At least I haven't bricked it yet!

My home screen wont rotate but Kindle will (sort of) and floating image definitely works just fine. I wonder if that has anything to do with floating images setting that allows a 'forced screen rotation' which I have set to 90 degrees.
11th August 2011, 09:58 AM |#231  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_

thank you for your test & report. hmm, it sounds it keeps standard china quality, nice

re to "597MB FREE", size of MTD is 1GB now? internal NAND area is shrinked?
latest EM73 lk.rom also have -512MB NAND and +512MB MTD.
can you tell me "df" or "cat /proc/mtd" output?


yes, 1 gb mtd and smaller nand.

$cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00a00000 00200000 "boot"
mtd1: 00600000 00200000 "kpanic"
mtd2: 10400000 00200000 "system"
mtd3: 00400000 00200000 "splash"
mtd4: 03c00000 00200000 "cache"
mtd5: 29e00000 00200000 "userdata"
mtd6: 00a00000 00200000 "recovery"
mtd7: 00200000 00200000 "misc"
mtd8: 00200000 00200000 "tcc"
$
The Following User Says Thank You to palermo123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palermo123 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes