Galaxy Tab 7 Won't Turn On? Here's a Fix it!

Search This thread

dargpat

Mar 23, 2010
Louisiana
I've tried all of the other fix its to get my Galaxy Tab to work. I've tried charging for 12 hrs via wall charger (no response)... I've tried holding the power button plus home key while tapping on the screen at the same time for over 2 minutes (no response) ... I've even tried putting it into download or recovery mode by holding the power button plus the volume key (up or down) for over 2 or minutes (no response) ...

If you're like me and thought the manufacturer was your only option left, there is one thing left you can try.

All I did was remove the shell and unplugged the battery for 30 mins, plugged it back up and viola!!! I have the battery charging icon. And it now boots perfectly into the OS.

Its worth a shot.... here's a video I watched to learn how to remove the shell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeRaQR7RU0I

Step by step at ifixit.com
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Teardown/4103/1

Note: you will need a tri-wing screw driver to remove the first two screws. I didn't have one and just used a precision flat head screw driver and it worked like a charm if using enough down force so you won't strip the screw.

Hope this helps someone...

Last edited:

noguru

Nov 5, 2010
Battery removal resets almost everything -- I'm grateful for your confirmation that it works on the Tab, and also for your links to the hammerless teardown.

naivri

Dec 25, 2007
good find

not had the problem myself, but that info is now in my brain for whenever I do have a problem :)

Artysen

Apr 16, 2011
Many thanks man, this saved my (tablets) life. Switched off my tablet last night after charging, for the first time in weeks, just to refresh everything. Tried switching back on this morning and nothing. I've spent all day trying to find out what the hell was wrong and tried all the various button solutions others have mentioned. Nothing worked. came across your info and links and thought I'd give it a try as I had nothing left to lose, tablet was dead. Voila!...back up and running again. I won't be switching it off again in a hurry. Once again great info and much appreciated. :) :D :p

qm4n76

Oct 26, 2011
Gorontalo
Nice info, really helpfull, my friend gtab p1000 have some problem, wont turn on, and i found this thread, i just try once, and amazing its working, i hit thanks to you:):)

amirrash

Oct 10, 2012
thanks for the advice

hai, i saw your posting and thank god it really helpful. i own a p1010 and some how it cant turn on twice!. what ever i do, and what ever tricks available in the internet i had tried it all, all with no success. so the first time around i had to sent it for repair and because my tab's warrant had already ended i had to fork out a lot just to make it running. the repair shop just stated that the battery and the touch screen need to be replace. how stupid of me to fall for that. after that my tab is usable again. then it happend again. two days later the same problem occurred. now i know it is not the hardware but the software that causeing all this headache.

now, with your posting, i opened my tab, disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and walla my tab is ok again. phew...save me a lot of money.

i see that the problem might be in the software. i see that alot of p1010 owners face the same problem here after upgrading from froyo to GB. and i notice that the blank screen syndrome would happen if we put it in a standby mode (my standby mode would be you touch the power button once just to make the screen goes blank).

just my 2cents.

Scootster

Dec 26, 2011
hai, i saw your posting and thank god it really helpful. i own a p1010 and some how it cant turn on twice!. what ever i do, and what ever tricks available in the internet i had tried it all, all with no success. so the first time around i had to sent it for repair and because my tab's warrant had already ended i had to fork out a lot just to make it running. the repair shop just stated that the battery and the touch screen need to be replace. how stupid of me to fall for that. after that my tab is usable again. then it happend again. two days later the same problem occurred. now i know it is not the hardware but the software that causeing all this headache.

now, with your posting, i opened my tab, disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and walla my tab is ok again. phew...save me a lot of money.

i see that the problem might be in the software. i see that alot of p1010 owners face the same problem here after upgrading from froyo to GB. and i notice that the blank screen syndrome would happen if we put it in a standby mode (my standby mode would be you touch the power button once just to make the screen goes blank).

just my 2cents.

Hi, I got same problem with you guys with my P6800. Tried all those methods (execpt those removing the casing/battery). I followed one tip and it works. Press and hold the power button for 20 second and release it. The screen displayed an image (icon?) of battery and clock. Some said it also work by pressing the button for 10 second.

betachristopher

May 13, 2009
for me, this happens every time I use the Netflix app. if I don't go into task manager and clear memory after every use of Netflix, my galaxy tab will not turn back on. sometimes fully charging it will wake up the screen, but that's not helping today so I guess I need to remove the shell even though I don't want to. I miss pocket PC's with soft reset buttons!!!

sephiroth225

Aug 14, 2012
Abidjan
I've tried all of the other fix its to get my Galaxy Tab to work. I've tried charging for 12 hrs via wall charger (no response)... I've tried holding the power button plus home key while tapping on the screen at the same time for over 2 minutes (no response) ... I've even tried putting it into download or recovery mode by holding the power button plus the volume key (up or down) for over 2 or minutes (no response) ...

If you're like me and thought the manufacturer was your only option left, there is one thing left you can try.

All I did was remove the shell and unplugged the battery for 30 mins, plugged it back up and viola!!! I have the battery charging icon. And it now boots perfectly into the OS.

Note: you will need a tri-wing screw driver to remove the first two screws. I didn't have one and just used a precision flat head screw driver and it worked like a charm if using enough down force so you won't strip the screw.

Hello guys, thanks for your support and excuse me for my english but i'm the same problem with my GT-P1000(i've seen it on the back of my tab !). I've let it charging several hours and try to connect it to Odin which doesn't recognize it ! I got always a black screen and the rear flash led flashing flashing and flashing when it's connected to charger or my PC or when i keep pushing the power button ! Before the brick state i've follow the bad tutorial to root my tab and i've flashed a firmware for galaxy tab 10.1 inch ! Can i try this method?

Cleverfish

Oct 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello guys, thanks for your support and excuse me for my english but i'm the same problem with my GT-P1000(i've seen it on the back of my tab !). I've let it charging several hours and try to connect it to Odin which doesn't recognize it ! I got always a black screen and the rear flash led flashing flashing and flashing when it's connected to charger or my PC or when i keep pushing the power button ! Before the brick state i've follow the bad tutorial to root my tab and i've flashed a firmware for galaxy tab 10.1 inch ! Can i try this method?

u flashed tab 10.1 rom into P1000? oh man..
i think it bricked already.. there's nothing left that u can do, flashing back via odin, removing battery or else.. unbrickble mod method is the only way..

Sent from my GT-P1000

camadera

Apr 29, 2009
sanford fl
same problem

i have a similar problem my grandson mess up the digitalaizer and i ordered a new one and installed my self. because the tablet been w/o charge for almost a week until i get the new parts and fixed now won't get on, i plug in to charge for 24 hours is showing the 100% battery but still won't start. i look around do different things w/o luck i press the power and the -volune key and nothing, after left ed charging again i unplug the battery for few hours and nothing. i really need help on this. tk's
:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.