Build 7720 - keeping chevron and how to add more languages - discontinued support

Search This thread

itje

Retired Moderator
Jun 20, 2007
Kleppe
I am not supporting this thread anymore, as mango updates is widely available now

Here is the RTM 7720 Mango for your wp7, download link at bottom of this post

UPDATE 15.08.2011:
Please read post #2 to see how I keep chevron unlock and add my native language to RTM 7720

1. THIS IS NOT A GUIDE ON HOW TO KEEP CHEVRON UNLOCK, THAT IS NOW COVERED (ON A HD7) IN POST #2 IN THIS THREAD. THIS GUIDE IN POST#1 IS JUST A TRANSLATED/EDITED INSTRUCTION FROM THE GERMAN ONE IN THE RAR FILE.
2. THIS UPDATE IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE DEVICE SPESIFIC, SO BUGS BECAUSE OF OUTDATED DRIVERS ETC CAN BE PRESENT. AND YOU MIGHT NOT GET DEVICE SPESIFIC SOFTWARE TO RUN PROPERLY ETC ETC.
3. ITS FINAL MANGO FROM MICROSOFT, BUT CARRIERS/OEM'S NEED TO ADD THEIR "MAGIC" FOR IT TO BE AT IT'S PRIME
4. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE BASIC OF HOW TO FLASH, THEN YOU NEED TO RETHINK WHAT YOUR DOING, AND READ UP IN THE DEV SECTION OF WP7 :)

I'm quite sure that DFT will soon release a unlocked and ready to flash for all, so there is also the possibility to wait for their release :p

I just reuploaded and repost here, the file comes from longshot442. Original thread here

I take no responsibility for whatever happens to your device.

You can't update to 7720 when coming from DFT 7713 or 7714

After flashing to my HTC HD7:

7720.png

My edit of the instruction file:
Caution: Do this at your own risk, no one is to blame if your update fails
Prerequisites:

-Phone with Nodo (7392), Mango 7661 (Beta) or Mango 7712 (Developer Beta)
-Micro-USB cable
-PC with at least 20 GB of free disk space on C: (Only needed if you want to backup your device)
-external hard drive or USB flash drive with up to 16 GB of free space (for the backup)
-1.5 - 2 hours available to flash from start, perhaps more if something go wrong, or if you accidentally make a mistake :) less if flashing from 7712
-Instructions might not work for you, perhaps you need to alter something? I'm sure you can figure something out :D ....and if you do, please post the sollution so others can benefit of you findings.

UPDATE 18.08.11:
Make backup of your 3'd party apps, visit this thread all questions regarding that app, ask them there

Instructions:
1. All contents must be extracted to a local disk, not a backup/external disk. I can recommend to put all contents of the extracted Mango folder directly to C:/ (If you got enough available space)
1a. C:/NoDoToRC
1b. C:/RCToRTM
1c. C:/Zune
2. Install the zune beta client version 4.8.2134.0 (comes with the downloaded file)
3. If necessary (usualy is), run the flashing tool "updatewp" from the folder "update tool" install right version for your system, 32 or 64-bit
4. Connect Device via USB to the PC
5. Close Zune software if it opens when connecting
5a. ----If your device is allready using 7661 or 7712, go to Step 16
5b. You can also follow Ansars instructions on keeping Chevron unlock here

6. Open the "NoDoToRC" folder and run the file "ISV_Provisioning_Live.exe" with admin rights (right click on the file..)
7. The tool will now create a backup of the phone. This takes quite some time, depending on how much you have installed on your device.
8. The phone will reboot and are starting communication with a "special" update server. If necessary, enter PIN code if activated on your device
9. Please dont close the update tool until it say its finished.
10. In the directory "C: \ Users \ <user> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows Mobile Update,"there should be the newly created backup folder with a cryptic name. Please feel free to copy the folder to a secure location (external hard disk, etc.) and keep safe!

Repeat to yourself many times: "Yes, I have copied my backup to a secure location"

11. Now start the Zune client (with your phone connected) and it will begin looking for updates.
12. Build 7403 will now be found found and installed.
13. After 7403 has finished updating, the update is moving seamless to 7712 - the public developer beta.
14. If everything is done properly: Congratulations, the phone is in now running build 7712
15. Close/exit Zune.

important.gif
Now please pay attention:
important.gif

16. Copy the "RCToRTM" folder to "c:\" and only there.
17. In the RCToRTM folder, locate the "ISVTo7720.bat" and run as admin /still right click on file...)
18. Several updates will be installed, and the phone might reboot a few times. If applicable, please enter the PIN code.
19. If everything went smoothly: Congratulations, the phone is now on RTM 7720
20. Show of your RTM to your friends..or w/e :)

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE, IF YOU FAIL SOMEHOW..READ THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN

LG Quantum users please read this article before you download.

Main download link is removed, send your thx to James Young, Internet investigator... Kinda slow that guy...this is posted and linked all over...kinda late perhaps??? lmao

Mirror thx to nanoware - DOWNLOAD

Mirror thx to jkommeren - TORRENT/PB

have fun

Last edited:

itje

Retired Moderator
Jun 20, 2007
Kleppe
My way!!!

My way to unlocked HTC HD7 with Mango RTM 7720 with my native language Norwegian. This guide can, and probably must be, adapted for other devices. But I wont do that here. This is just the way I did it with my HD7 :)

This small guide requires that you come from a NoDo rom Chevron unlocked (I came from HD7 rom RUU_HD7_HTC_Europe_1.69.401.01_Radio_5.54.09. 21_22.33b.50.10U by ansar

7720g.jpg

Thx to the following ppl for the info I have collected/copied to make this guide:
Ansar
jemaho
Budniu
longshot442
Cotulla/DFT
and possibly more.

1. Download the package at the bottom of this post.
Included in the package is (Listing the things you need in there):
-Zune 4.7 / StartZuneLocal.exe
-WPSupportTool-x86.msi
-WPSupportTool-amd64.msi
-WP7 Deploy - Great tool to sideload, just drag a .xap file to the wp7-deploy.exe shortcut and it will deploy to your device.
-RegistryEditor 1.1.0.0.xap
-TouchXplorer.xap
-Unlock_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap
-Update_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap

Install to your PC in this order:
-StartZuneLocal.exe (If not allready on zune 4.7)
-WPSupportTool-x86.msi or WPSupportTool-amd64.msi depending on your system.

Optional:
Install theese if you don't allready have them (Not sure if required, but they wont do harm)
-dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe
-vm_web.exe
-Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_0c.exe
-WP7AdsSDK.msi

2. If not done so, download the 7720 package from post 1 in this thread. That contains Zune 4.8 and other tools, and ofcourse the RTM 7720.
3. Be sure to have the latest chevron unlocked NoDo rom on your device.

a. If you don't have chevron NoDo rom, please follow ansars guide here. I won't cover that.

4. Connect to Zune 4.7 (4.8 might work also, but some have reported that it don't..there is sollution to that, but I wont cover it here)
5. Deploy these tools to your device using the WP7 deployment tool:
a. RegistryEditor, TouchXplorer and Unlock_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap

6. This is how to add more languages then the default 5 languages that comes with the 7720 build:
a. Find you language code here if you don't know what your's is. Mine is Norwegian 0414, other examples is Japanes 0411, Netherlands 0413 and Russian 0419.
b. On your device, find and open the registryeditor you deployed in #5
c. Now enter HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI\Available and add a new string. Now enter your locale, I used 0414
Name: 0414
Then enter you languages name in
Value: Norsk

If it was English/WWE then it would ofcourse look like this:
Name: 0409
Value: English

d. Exit the editor.
e. Next step in adding your language will not be done before after updating to 7403 (That is where I did it)
f. If you have added a language that Mango don't support, then the update to 7403 will fail. Or if you have done it incorrect/spelled wrong etc, then the update to Mango will also fail

7. How to keep chevron unlock when moving on from (in my case) 7392 to Beta 7403
a. If you don't allready have this: Run Marketplace, select HTC Apps and select and install HTC ConnectionSetup
b. Start XBMOD.Files.Deployer (Installed in #5) on your device, it will install a file called CustClear.provxml. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
c. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
d. DO NOT RUN CONNECTION SETUP NOW, IF YOU DO, YOU WILL LOOSE UNLOCK IN 7403.
e. Connect to Zune, and if it do not promt you to update to 7403, then check for update using settings in Zune.
f. Ofcourse....update your device to 7403.
g. Now on your device, go to settings/Region and language. If you have followed my guide correct, you should now see your language available, choose it and reboot.

8. Now that you should have your native language, we can move on to keeping chevron unlock after updating from 7403 to 7712.
a. Move to the 7720 package you have downloaded, and locate the Zune folder. In there is StartZuneLocal.exe, please run it to update to Zune 4.8.
b. After Zune have updated, locate the folder called UpdateTool (also in the 7720 zune folder) and choose the correct tool for your system and install it.
c. Connect your device to zune, and make sure its in sync mode, not guest mode.
d. If zune promts you a update, do not start it, just skip it.
e. Run Connection Setup.
f. Deploy Update_Mango.XBMODDeployer.xap to your device using the WP7 deployment tool. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
g. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
h. Now run Connection Setup again.
i. Deploy Unlock_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap to your device using the WP7 deployment tool. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
j. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
k. DO NOT RUN CONNECTION SETUP NOW, IF YOU DO, YOU WILL LOOSE UNLOCK IN 7712.
l. Check for the 7712 update in Zune and update your device. (This takes long time)
m. When updated to 7712, Run Connection Setup on your device. Check that its still unlocked by opening TouchXplorer.

9. We can now move on to keeping chevron unlock after updating from 7712 to 7720.
a. Deploy Update_Mango.XBMODDeployer.xap to your device using the WP7 deployment tool. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
b. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
c. Now run Connection Setup again.
d. Deploy Unlock_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap to your device using the WP7 deployment tool. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
e. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
f. DO NOT RUN CONNECTION SETUP NOW, IF YOU DO, YOU WILL LOOSE UNLOCK IN 7720.

10. Now the final chapter in the update saga; Moving on to RTM 7720 with chevron unlock (and ofcourse with your native language)
a. Connect your device, but close Zune if it's running.
b. Copy the "RCToRTM" folder located in the 7720 folder to "c:\" and only there.
c. In the RCToRTM folder, locate the "ISVTo7720.bat" and run as admin (right click on file...)
d. If all is done correctly, then your phone should begin updating to 7720.
e. After update is finished, you must run Connection Setup to keep the unlock.
f. Open TouchXplorer to confirm if the device still is unlocked. (If not, you will get a message that it has been revoked)

UPDATE: If running into the problem that the ISVTo7720.bat is closing, you can try open taskmanager (ctrl+alt+del) locate any process with the zune name running, and close them. Now run ISVTo7720.bat again to see if that worked.

If you run into problems using this guide, many of them have allready been covered allready. So please search the thread for the issues you might face to see if there is a sollution for you.

I am sure that this guide could be better in this or that way. But this is the way it worked for me :D

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

NachoNut

Apr 1, 2011
I'll just update this thread with what I had in the other once since this will be the main one.

Before updating, I uninstalled the Zune Beta and re-installed the retail copy prior to running the 7720 bat file from the package. (It had given me an error about the version of tools not matching my zune, so I figured that would fix it... and it did).

After installing Zune, I ran the bat file and now the phone is up and running with 7720. This was a pretty legit install. All previous data has been retained and i DID NOT have to revert to NoDo (just as the instructions say you can proceed from where you are).

Also, after installing, Zune prompted me to update my HTC HD7 with the official HTC update that came out not too long ago.

So i'd say this is fully functional 7720 release. Hope that helps.

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
i am updating frm nodo....does it jump to 7720 right away?

or need the previous betas??

NachoNut

Apr 1, 2011
According to the instructions, it will bring you through the steps to go all the way to 7712 then to 7720. So from reading, it'll take you through the updates through the mango beta into 7720.

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
According to the instructions, it will bring you through the steps to go all the way to 7712 then to 7720. So from reading, it'll take you through the updates through the mango beta into 7720.

thas gonna take pretty long like a tortoise reaching the finishing line

NachoNut

Apr 1, 2011
And before I head home, always nice to see my phone boot and not say "NotFor Resale" in the bottom corner anymore is always a plus.

Reactions: mmoran27

princetrey07

Jun 25, 2011
Montgomery
I can't even get it to install, it just pops up a command prompt and closes extremely fast.

Edit: Problem was that the Zune software was seeing my phone as a "Guest"

Last edited:

OGCF

Aug 23, 2010
So far from the other thread we've seen theses devices confirmed to work:

HTC 7 Pro
HTC Arrive
HTC HD7
HTC Mozart
HTC Trophy
Samsung Focus v1.3

Any others?

Last edited:

fb401

Apr 26, 2006
Philly, PA
www.defconjive.com
This may be a silly question given that itje has posted those instructions but, is there anyway to go to RTM without having to go through 7712? MS never fixed the problem Quantum users had in that the Mango Beta would never flash successfully, leaving us stuck with NoDo unless we didn't mind losing all data. If there's no way, then I'll have to wait for the official.

This may be a silly question given that itje has posted those instructions but, is there anyway to go to RTM without having to go through 7712? MS never fixed the problem Quantum users had in that the Mango Beta would never flash successfully, leaving us stuck with NoDo unless we didn't mind losing all data. If there's no way, then I'll have to wait for the official.

I am on 7712, but seeing the way to upgrade to 7720 I believe that LG will have to come out with a firmware upgrade for Quantum users before the OS can be upgraded to be able to pass that cold boot hurdle. With that said, I think even if I upgrade to 7720 now I probably have to start from NoDo to obtain the firmware upgrade (maybe it's smart enough to only upgrade the firmware when it comes along, we'll see).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not supporting this thread anymore, as mango updates is widely available now

UPDATE 15.08.2011:
    Please read post #2 to see how I keep chevron unlock and add my native language to RTM 7720

1. THIS IS NOT A GUIDE ON HOW TO KEEP CHEVRON UNLOCK, THAT IS NOW COVERED (ON A HD7) IN POST #2 IN THIS THREAD. THIS GUIDE IN POST#1 IS JUST A TRANSLATED/EDITED INSTRUCTION FROM THE GERMAN ONE IN THE RAR FILE.
    2. THIS UPDATE IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE DEVICE SPESIFIC, SO BUGS BECAUSE OF OUTDATED DRIVERS ETC CAN BE PRESENT. AND YOU MIGHT NOT GET DEVICE SPESIFIC SOFTWARE TO RUN PROPERLY ETC ETC.
    3. ITS FINAL MANGO FROM MICROSOFT, BUT CARRIERS/OEM'S NEED TO ADD THEIR "MAGIC" FOR IT TO BE AT IT'S PRIME
    4. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE BASIC OF HOW TO FLASH, THEN YOU NEED TO RETHINK WHAT YOUR DOING, AND READ UP IN THE DEV SECTION OF WP7 :)

I'm quite sure that DFT will soon release a unlocked and ready to flash for all, so there is also the possibility to wait for their release :p

I just reuploaded and repost here, the file comes from longshot442. Original thread here

You can't update to 7720 when coming from DFT 7713 or 7714

After flashing to my HTC HD7:

7720.png

Prerequisites:

-Micro-USB cable
    -PC with at least 20 GB of free disk space on C: (Only needed if you want to backup your device)
    -external hard drive or USB flash drive with up to 16 GB of free space (for the backup)
    -1.5 - 2 hours available to flash from start, perhaps more if something go wrong, or if you accidentally make a mistake :) less if flashing from 7712
    -Instructions might not work for you, perhaps you need to alter something? I'm sure you can figure something out :D ....and if you do, please post the sollution so others can benefit of you findings.

UPDATE 18.08.11:
    Make backup of your 3'd party apps, visit this thread all questions regarding that app, ask them there

Instructions:
    1. All contents must be extracted to a local disk, not a backup/external disk. I can recommend to put all contents of the extracted Mango folder directly to C:/ (If you got enough available space)
    1a. C:/NoDoToRC
    1b. C:/RCToRTM
    1c. C:/Zune
    2. Install the zune beta client version 4.8.2134.0 (comes with the downloaded file)
    3. If necessary (usualy is), run the flashing tool "updatewp" from the folder "update tool" install right version for your system, 32 or 64-bit
    5. Close Zune software if it opens when connecting
    5a. ----If your device is allready using 7661 or 7712, go to Step 16
    5b. You can also follow Ansars instructions on keeping Chevron unlock here

6. Open the "NoDoToRC" folder and run the file "ISV_Provisioning_Live.exe" with admin rights (right click on the file..)
    7. The tool will now create a backup of the phone. This takes quite some time, depending on how much you have installed on your device.
    8. The phone will reboot and are starting communication with a "special" update server. If necessary, enter PIN code if activated on your device
    10. In the directory "C: \ Users \ <user> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows Mobile Update,"there should be the newly created backup folder with a cryptic name. Please feel free to copy the folder to a secure location (external hard disk, etc.) and keep safe!

Repeat to yourself many times: "Yes, I have copied my backup to a secure location"

11. Now start the Zune client (with your phone connected) and it will begin looking for updates.
    13. After 7403 has finished updating, the update is moving seamless to 7712 - the public developer beta.
    14. If everything is done properly: Congratulations, the phone is in now running build 7712
    15. Close/exit Zune.

important.gif
    important.gif

16. Copy the "RCToRTM" folder to "c:\" and only there.
    17. In the RCToRTM folder, locate the "ISVTo7720.bat" and run as admin /still right click on file...)
    18. Several updates will be installed, and the phone might reboot a few times. If applicable, please enter the PIN code.

LG Quantum users please read this article before you download.

Main download link is removed, send your thx to James Young, Internet investigator... Kinda slow that guy...this is posted and linked all over...kinda late perhaps??? lmao

Mirror thx to jkommeren - TORRENT/PB

have fun
    My way!!!

My way to unlocked HTC HD7 with Mango RTM 7720 with my native language Norwegian. This guide can, and probably must be, adapted for other devices. But I wont do that here. This is just the way I did it with my HD7 :)

This small guide requires that you come from a NoDo rom Chevron unlocked (I came from HD7 rom RUU_HD7_HTC_Europe_1.69.401.01_Radio_5.54.09. 21_22.33b.50.10U by ansar

7720g.jpg

Thx to the following ppl for the info I have collected/copied to make this guide:
    Ansar
    jemaho
    Budniu
    longshot442
    Cotulla/DFT
    and possibly more.

1. Download the package at the bottom of this post.
    Included in the package is (Listing the things you need in there):
    -Zune 4.7 / StartZuneLocal.exe
    -WPSupportTool-x86.msi
    -WPSupportTool-amd64.msi
    -WP7 Deploy - Great tool to sideload, just drag a .xap file to the wp7-deploy.exe shortcut and it will deploy to your device.
    -RegistryEditor 1.1.0.0.xap
    -TouchXplorer.xap
    -Unlock_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap
    -Update_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap

Install to your PC in this order:
    -StartZuneLocal.exe (If not allready on zune 4.7)
    -WPSupportTool-x86.msi or WPSupportTool-amd64.msi depending on your system.

Optional:
    Install theese if you don't allready have them (Not sure if required, but they wont do harm)
    -dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe
    -vm_web.exe
    -Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_0c.exe
    -WP7AdsSDK.msi

2. If not done so, download the 7720 package from post 1 in this thread. That contains Zune 4.8 and other tools, and ofcourse the RTM 7720.
    3. Be sure to have the latest chevron unlocked NoDo rom on your device.

a. If you don't have chevron NoDo rom, please follow ansars guide here. I won't cover that.

4. Connect to Zune 4.7 (4.8 might work also, but some have reported that it don't..there is sollution to that, but I wont cover it here)
    5. Deploy these tools to your device using the WP7 deployment tool:
    a. RegistryEditor, TouchXplorer and Unlock_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap

6. This is how to add more languages then the default 5 languages that comes with the 7720 build:
    a. Find you language code here if you don't know what your's is. Mine is Norwegian 0414, other examples is Japanes 0411, Netherlands 0413 and Russian 0419.
    b. On your device, find and open the registryeditor you deployed in #5
    c. Now enter HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI\Available and add a new string. Now enter your locale, I used 0414
    Name: 0414
    Then enter you languages name in
    Value: Norsk

If it was English/WWE then it would ofcourse look like this:
    Name: 0409
    Value: English

d. Exit the editor.
    e. Next step in adding your language will not be done before after updating to 7403 (That is where I did it)
    f. If you have added a language that Mango don't support, then the update to 7403 will fail. Or if you have done it incorrect/spelled wrong etc, then the update to Mango will also fail

7. How to keep chevron unlock when moving on from (in my case) 7392 to Beta 7403
    a. If you don't allready have this: Run Marketplace, select HTC Apps and select and install HTC ConnectionSetup
    b. Start XBMOD.Files.Deployer (Installed in #5) on your device, it will install a file called CustClear.provxml. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
    c. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
    d. DO NOT RUN CONNECTION SETUP NOW, IF YOU DO, YOU WILL LOOSE UNLOCK IN 7403.
    e. Connect to Zune, and if it do not promt you to update to 7403, then check for update using settings in Zune.
    f. Ofcourse....update your device to 7403.
    g. Now on your device, go to settings/Region and language. If you have followed my guide correct, you should now see your language available, choose it and reboot.

8. Now that you should have your native language, we can move on to keeping chevron unlock after updating from 7403 to 7712.
    a. Move to the 7720 package you have downloaded, and locate the Zune folder. In there is StartZuneLocal.exe, please run it to update to Zune 4.8.
    b. After Zune have updated, locate the folder called UpdateTool (also in the 7720 zune folder) and choose the correct tool for your system and install it.
    c. Connect your device to zune, and make sure its in sync mode, not guest mode.
    d. If zune promts you a update, do not start it, just skip it.
    e. Run Connection Setup.
    f. Deploy Update_Mango.XBMODDeployer.xap to your device using the WP7 deployment tool. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
    g. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
    h. Now run Connection Setup again.
    i. Deploy Unlock_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap to your device using the WP7 deployment tool. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
    j. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
    k. DO NOT RUN CONNECTION SETUP NOW, IF YOU DO, YOU WILL LOOSE UNLOCK IN 7712.
    l. Check for the 7712 update in Zune and update your device. (This takes long time)
    m. When updated to 7712, Run Connection Setup on your device. Check that its still unlocked by opening TouchXplorer.

9. We can now move on to keeping chevron unlock after updating from 7712 to 7720.
    a. Deploy Update_Mango.XBMODDeployer.xap to your device using the WP7 deployment tool. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
    b. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
    c. Now run Connection Setup again.
    d. Deploy Unlock_Mango_XBMODDeployer.xap to your device using the WP7 deployment tool. Remember to uninstall XBMOD.Files.Deployer after its done.
    e. Run TouchXplorer and copy CustClear.provxml from My Documents\My Ringtones\ to \Windows, then exit Touchxplorer.
    f. DO NOT RUN CONNECTION SETUP NOW, IF YOU DO, YOU WILL LOOSE UNLOCK IN 7720.

10. Now the final chapter in the update saga; Moving on to RTM 7720 with chevron unlock (and ofcourse with your native language)
    a. Connect your device, but close Zune if it's running.
    b. Copy the "RCToRTM" folder located in the 7720 folder to "c:\" and only there.
    c. In the RCToRTM folder, locate the "ISVTo7720.bat" and run as admin (right click on file...)
    d. If all is done correctly, then your phone should begin updating to 7720.
    e. After update is finished, you must run Connection Setup to keep the unlock.
    f. Open TouchXplorer to confirm if the device still is unlocked. (If not, you will get a message that it has been revoked)

UPDATE: If running into the problem that the ISVTo7720.bat is closing, you can try open taskmanager (ctrl+alt+del) locate any process with the zune name running, and close them. Now run ISVTo7720.bat again to see if that worked.

If you run into problems using this guide, many of them have allready been covered allready. So please search the thread for the issues you might face to see if there is a sollution for you.

I am sure that this guide could be better in this or that way. But this is the way it worked for me :D

DOWNLOAD
    I have tried to free up space, i have 12.21gb out of 14.72 and still no success :( phone simply reboots too slow, i don't know what else to do. This is the error message i get when i am running ISVTo7720.bat via command prompt:

"Timeout occured while waiting for the device to reboot."

If you're on 7712 then remove the 7661 references in the bat file. Then run it again.
    Found this on another thread. This worked for me :D

I have an omnia 7 and I had timeout error during the upgrade process.
    I tried to reinstall zune and the firmware updater.
    I tried to remove videos and music.
    but it did not work.
    Finaly I had a look at the cmd file. in the directory there is 3 updates. From 7718 7712 and 7661. each has a few packages.
    I am a msdn dev so I was on beta 2 refresh (7712). So I tried to remove all 7661 packages from the cmd file. Those packages are the biggest. I let 7718 packages.
    Risky. But the phone booted more quiclky and the upgrade continued.
    Now the phone says 7720.68.
    now an other update is available via zune for my samsung omnia7. but my adsl box is out of order. So I can not test it for now.

ps. This worked for me Samsung Focus

I will update with more info as I am currently flashing myself, follow my steps in post 2

Flashed this to my HTC HD7:

7720.png

Prerequisites:

-Micro-USB cable
    -PC with at least 20 GB of free disk space on C:
    -external hard drive or USB flash drive with up to 16 GB of free space
    -1.5 - 2 hours

Instructions:
    1. All contents must be extracted to a local disk, not a backup/external disk.
    3. If necessary, run the flashing tool "updatewp" from the folder "update tool" install right version for your system, 32 - or 64-bit
    5. Close Zune software, if it opens when connecting
    5a. ----If your device is allready using 7661 or 7712, go to Step 18

15. Close/exit Zune.

16. Copy the "RCToRTM" folder to "c: \"

DOWNLOAD

have fun

There is a litle mistake, if you have 7712 go to STEP 16 :)