HTC Sensation 3G 850/1900!

Search This thread

_kansei_

Oct 3, 2007
Seattle, WA
dude that software does not unlock the phone lol.....

Oh sorry, misunderstanding (guess I didn't word it too clearly). The software update was released only to unlocked phones, i.e. unbranded phones, i.e. not T-Mobile USA phones (among others).

Doesn't matter to me if they ship to the states, I'd much rather go there to buy one myself and make sure it's the silky smooth Sharp LCD I love so much :)

Sucks for you folks who don't live near that glorious border though.

Last edited:

glhturbo

Jul 20, 2009
Markham
You lucky SOB. Any specs under the screen?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

I haven't noticed any dust under the screen at all. I was looking at it yesterday in direct sunlight. Any specs that I saw were on the screen surface as they disappeared as soon as I wiped the screen.

I am not using the phone as my daily driver just yet as it mentioned above, it is still locked to Bell. As such, it is currently "naked" with no screen protector or phone case on it. Having said that, it still gets quite a bit of use.

This is where I usually offer to buy and send a phone to anyone that wants one for what it costs to get and ship one. My friend went looking for one yesterday and couldn't find any. :( But if anyone is really interested, I'm willing to help out.

Dr.Jeckyl

Feb 4, 2009
-8GMT

This is where I usually offer to buy and send a phone to anyone that wants one for what it costs to get and ship one. My friend went looking for one yesterday and couldn't find any. :( But if anyone is really interested, I'm willing to help out.

I may take you up on that offer. I'll bookmark this post and come back when I sell my t-mo Sensation.

@@RON

Nov 29, 2010
Berlin
www.sysprofile.de
Hey guys,

I startet a thread some days ago, but no one replies.

I´m living in Germany and want to buy the HTC Sensation. At the german page of HTC stands:
HSPA / WCDMA:
Europe / Asia-Pacific RegionT-Mobile U.S.: 900/AWS/2100 MHz
-> Link <-

Does it mean, that I can use the 3G network in Germany (it works on 2100 MHz) and T-Mobile in the USA (T-Mobile US) as well? afaik they use the AWS (1700/2100).

It´s important for the next vacation there. Last time, I used my HD2 in european version, but with Edge only (with AT&T) :(

It will be great, if this really works :)
So I could buy there a prepaid SIM (without a contract) and connect to their 3G network and use it at home with 3G, too.

Best regards

Matt1408

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think the website is wrong as why would Vodaphone sell a phone that doesn't work in Europe? From what I know, most of Europe uses 900mhz.

Now, I know Rogers in Canada uses both 850 and 1900 however the phone primarily uses 850 as it has better signal indoors and I believe the 1900 is a backup.

Matt1408

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think, you are wrong. The most of Europe uses 2100 mhz e.g. Germany, Greece ...

Why do you mention Vodafone? I didn´t do it :p

Of course, the HTC Sensation (with no 4G suffix) works in Germany/EU fine, because they uses 2100 mhz.

Well, the link to what OP posted was Vodafone, so I mentioned it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM_frequency_bands
Europe uses 800/1900, point proven

Point is, I doubt Vodafone has the correct specs on their site, and even if they do, US people will probably find it way easier to just import the phone from Canada.

skeamznz

Aug 13, 2011
Auckland
Nothing Phone 1
I have just recieved my sensation and got awesome suprise the version i got sent was a WCDMA 850/1900/2100. In NZ i use the 850mhz on Telecom XT but if i travel to Europe, or the Americas im covered.

Top Liked Posts