FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(ROM)CM7.1(2.3.7)Sapphire32a(NR-6.35.16.19)Sept 30(Unofficial)

687 posts
Thanks Meter: 171

By carz12, Senior Member on 28th March 2011, 05:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th August 2011, 08:17 AM |#1031  
Flag Kärnten
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Has anyone tried GPS with the latest version of this ROM (android 2.3.5)? I'm on Yoshua's 1.4 and GPS doesn't work there....

9th August 2011, 08:34 PM |#1032  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATeam-MrT

Has anyone tried GPS with the latest version of this ROM (android 2.3.5)? I'm on Yoshua's 1.4 and GPS doesn't work there....

Yup, I've had the same problem and you need to flash carz latest GPS shim http://www.multiupload.com/DKOFY5UNR3
The Following User Says Thank You to alex_canada For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alex_canada Ad-Free
13th August 2011, 11:29 AM |#1033  
Flag taichung
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hey guys~ I flashed the July26 version of this rom, and the GPS seems a little buggy.
sometimes the navigation program can't read gps signals when i'm on the road with clear skys. should i flash the GPS shim?

ps. I'm in Asia

thanks for carz for this great ROM!

ps. I flashed the GPS shim + tried an app which fixes the gps.conf called fast fix and didn't work either
13th August 2011, 11:47 PM |#1034  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grande Prairie

Donate to Me
More
Sorry guy's, been away for a bit, broke my arm, but I've had time to work on this rom, It is fast now, so far no camera issues, gps worked fine using mytracks, I've been testing it for many days now, the kernel and modules are updated.

I keep forgetting to go into settings a raise my cpu freq it's running so smooth, it's uploaded but I'm going to download, check the md5sum and test install it first before posting
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carz12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carz12 Ad-Free
13th August 2011, 11:50 PM |#1035  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carz12

Sorry guy's, been away for a bit, broke my arm, but I've had time to work on this rom, It is fast now, so far no camera issues, gps worked fine using mytracks, I've been testing it for many days now, the kernel and modules are updated.

I keep forgetting to go into settings a raise my cpu freq it's running so smooth, it's uploaded but I'm going to download, check the md5sum and test install it first before posting

Fine and thx carz, where I can download this new version? Ah by the way you recover quickly
13th August 2011, 11:54 PM |#1036  
Flag Florida

More
Another question, this is 2.3.5 or still 2.3.4?
13th August 2011, 11:56 PM |#1037  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grande Prairie

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynierpm

Another question, this is 2.3.5 or still 2.3.4?

2.3.5 has been for 2 weeks now for me, been testing, my poor NS is just sitting here

edit: link for the impatient << failed
14th August 2011, 12:03 AM |#1038  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grande Prairie

Donate to Me
More
Ok, I don't know whats going on but it failed for me, I'll upload again

here it is, this one passed no problems, http://www.multiupload.com/CXX8M1UQBG
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carz12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carz12 Ad-Free
14th August 2011, 12:04 AM |#1039  
Flag Florida

More
Ok carz12, let me know when you do this to download it again
14th August 2011, 03:21 AM |#1040  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Carz I hope your arm feels better and heals quickly. I thought something must have happened or you were on vacation. Glad your back.
Is it possible to add the gapps backup script to this rom? I don't know what it is or else I would try it myself, it's just kind of a pain to reflash them every time.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using XDA Premium App
14th August 2011, 07:32 AM |#1041  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grande Prairie

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeepy2

Carz I hope your arm feels better and heals quickly. I thought something must have happened or you were on vacation. Glad your back.
Is it possible to add the gapps backup script to this rom? I don't know what it is or else I would try it myself, it's just kind of a pain to reflash them every time.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using XDA Premium App

The backup script is there, the problem being most gapps live on data now, hence, a wipe makes them disappear, i've been using the google backup service and it restores all the gapps too, i just make sure i turn on wifi before it sync's everything at first boot. It still is a lot more work than flashing the big package but this way all apps are current.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carz12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carz12 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)