Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2011, 09:44 PM |#71  
Flag Grove City, OH
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT

Please do some seaching on this....It is the final RTM

7720 is the software version, the 500 is HTC's revision/version.

7720.68 is the RTM software, released to manufacturers, the 7720.xxxx, the xxxx will be changed by the OEM or carrier.

So, 7720.68 IS the RTM but, just not tweaked with other drivers or software for each carrier/OEM.

SO, 7720.68 IS THE FINAL VERISON. All features that will be part of Mango are there, this is no longer a beta. Every model will have 7720 but, the .XXXX will be different per model/OEM/carrier.

Does this help you understand ?

Oh I already understand. This may be RTM but it certainly isn't final. Its just another beta (not literally, but in the sense that its incomplete still) until manufacturers and carriers do what they need to do with RTM.

This has already been made clear by numerous sources already. Its to be treated just like a beta. Not to mention the possibly broken update path by installing this leaked RTM and not the real final release (made for our specific device[s]), which is not out yet.

13th August 2011, 09:55 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjkthack

Oh I already understand. This may be RTM but it certainly isn't final. Its just another beta (not literally, but in the sense that its incomplete still) until manufacturers and carriers do what they need to do with RTM.

This has already been made clear by numerous sources already. Its to be treated just like a beta. Not to mention the possibly broken update path by installing this leaked RTM and not the real final release (made for our specific device[s]), which is not out yet.

that's fair but it is quite similar, if not the same way, as nodo was released as well. Recall very few OEMs initially bundled nodo update and their specific oem update. Just pushed out nodo and the OEM updates came later. I know htc released an update 3 days later, but I think that was coincidence
13th August 2011, 10:18 PM |#73  
Flag Grove City, OH
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domineus

that's fair but it is quite similar, if not the same way, as nodo was released as well. Recall very few OEMs initially bundled nodo update and their specific oem update. Just pushed out nodo and the OEM updates came later. I know htc released an update 3 days later, but I think that was coincidence

Wait what? LOL. The reason why NoDo took so long was because it had to go through manufacturers and carriers. Mango is going through the exact same thing right now. Even the whole Samsung phone fiasco was due to NoDo having to be further customized to work properly with specific Samsung phones even after NoDo RTM'd and had already gone through carriers/manufacturers.

NoDo was RTM long before it came out, it had to tweaked and customized, just like Mango has to be, before its really a final release meant for a daily device.

Mango 7720.68 is a generic release meant to be sent out to carriers and manufacturers to be further customized, tweaked, and bug tested before its meant to be put onto a consumer-facing device. That's how its always been with any piece of software. So to call 7720.68 "final" is not correct, nor is it even wise for people to mess with something that came from a potentially unknown source. Course, no one really cares, they're gonna mess around with their phones, which is why we're all on this site to begin with.

When NoDo was released to the public, it had been customized by each carrier and phone manufacturer before being sent out to your device. Any supplemental updates after that, regardless of whether it was a day after NoDo was released, or a month, was in addition to the customizations already on the device. Might have just been a bugfix, or a small update that didn't get to the shipping product in time, but was made available shortly after the shipping product released.

That HTC update you speak of was targeted to a certain device, not all HTC devices. It was a supplemental update for some HTC phones, just to fix some things, in addition to the customizations already present from HTC/carriers.
14th August 2011, 04:16 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
OK - I can't post external links yet, but I made some videos.
14th August 2011, 04:43 AM |#75  

More
So I guess I need to post a few more times to link to videos.
14th August 2011, 05:07 AM |#76  

More
I did one video that has a side-by-side of the Trophy and the Mazaa. And another that shows the Mazaa bootloader as well as the Initial Windows Phone setup on the device.

See post below...
14th August 2011, 06:06 AM |#77  

More
Videos:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike48236 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike48236 Ad-Free
14th August 2011, 03:09 PM |#78  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I have one too, but I'm going to use it for developing. However i would like to have it for daily use too, but it hasn't got a RTM version on it. Anyone with the same phone and situation has a clue how to update it ?
14th August 2011, 03:56 PM |#79  
Flag Someplace in CT
Thanks Meter: 155

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjkthack

Well, yes, and no. As for Mango, if someone here is expecting new features, no you wont see this. It wont be officaly final till the carriers make it better or damage it with their drivers, software for each device.

As for the features and final "mango" product Yes, it's final but, as for each device's software, custom updated OEM drivers and firmwares, no it's not.

I think that clears up what your saying a little more with out confusing people, like saying it's a just a beta does.

For a lot of people, this version might run better than the Carriers/OEMs version....Depending on the quality of the drivers.
14th August 2011, 04:02 PM |#80  
Flag Bishopville, MD

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andycted

I have one too, but I'm going to use it for developing. However i would like to have it for daily use too, but it hasn't got a RTM version on it. Anyone with the same phone and situation has a clue how to update it ?

which version is on your phone?
14th August 2011, 04:18 PM |#81  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdsamich

which version is on your phone?

7600.WM7_Main

From the date in the build number it looks like a 20/March build
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags