[ROM][AOSP][2.3.5] SalvageMod v1.4

Search This thread

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland

Salvage-Mod Gingerbread

unledgao.png
SalvageMod is a AOSP project developed by myself, Barnacles10, and echoside.
This software is built from the Android open source project 2.3.5 branch.

We are offering 1.4 both odex and deodex. Keep in mind, most themers theme deodex ROMs.
Make sure to choose what the google add-on that corresponds with your ROM choice.

See the changelog above or in ROM for detailed changes.

Big thanks goes out to Cyanogen and Team-Win for coming through with wimax.

Visit our github for source and credit for anything specific you're looking for in the build.

: Disclaimer :
We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software.

Last edited:

tommytomatoe

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
Great job man. I'm just curious. Did you odex post-build or did you compile Rom with an odex option? Ive been playing with Rom building for some time now and have only messed with sense. I managed to build a stock aosp Rom the other day but would like to learn more about aosp building. Feel free to pm because I feel this post is off-topic. Thanks man. :)

Now that I have root again I might have to give this a go (would be first aosp Rom).

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

vrajpal

Jan 28, 2010
will there be any updates to the kernal? I'm not sure if HTC releasing source code changes anything...
Also does this rom still have the problem with the sensors that plagued the cm and deck roms?

Brainze

Jan 25, 2008
Somewhere Near ATX
Hmmm... No Go. After several attempts installing the fedex version; I restored V1.3. I was never able to boot past the htc EVO 4G screen.

Last edited:

nYdGeo

Jun 16, 2010
New Orleans
will there be any updates to the kernal? I'm not sure if HTC releasing source code changes anything...
Also does this rom still have the problem with the sensors that plagued the cm and deck roms?

Being an AOSP ROM, these do not rely on the HTC kernel code release. There are any of several fine kernels to choose from, so its virtually always possible to find one that your phone likes.

Regarding the 'problem with the sensors', can you elaborate on that? I've used a couple versions of the Evo-deck ROM and have yet to experience any issue.

I look forward to trying this ROM! For some reason, I couldn't get the 1.3 to run on my phone, but that could have been a bad download or similar issue. I was just too busy at that time. But I read so much good about the SalvageMod...I gotta give it a go!

Thank you for your time.

P.S: Thank you for offering the community both odex and deodex versions! I love themes, but the odex ROMs run way quicker on my phone.

Last edited:

vrajpal

Jan 28, 2010
Being an AOSP ROM, these do not rely on the HTC kernel code release. There are any of several fine kernels to choose from, so its virtually always possible to find one that your phone likes.

Regarding the 'problem with the sensors', can you elaborate on that? I've used a couple versions of the Evo-deck ROM and have yet to experience any issue.

I look forward to trying this ROM! For some reason, I couldn't get the 1.3 to run on my phone, but that could have been a bad download or similar issue. I was just too busy at that time. But I read so much good about the SalvageMod...I gotta give it a go!

Thank you for your time.

P.S: Thank you for offering the community both odex and deodex versions! I love themes, but the odex ROMs run way quicker on my phone.

After you make a phone call the proximity sensors cause the phone to wake lock

Psichi

Dec 7, 2008
Plano
dorkitude.tumblr.com
I noticed there was a 1.4 deodexed Gapps package, but I didn't see one for 1.4 odexed.

I am assuming to use the odexed gapps that were already posted, but wanted to double check.

nYdGeo

Jun 16, 2010
New Orleans
After you make a phone call the proximity sensors cause the phone to wake lock

Ah, I did run into this problem occasionally. I also found that when I would press the power button to wake the phone up when asleep I had to hold the power button down for a few seconds or it wouldn't wake up. I was using the SZ 2.2.1 kernel at the time, and later found that I experienced these things when using the smartass or SavageZen governors. I switched to InteractiveX and didn't experience them any more.

Thank you for your time.

dougjamal

Aug 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
Dang, lithid, I was just about to flash & test your kernel with the Synergy RLS-1 rom and then I saw this: Salvage-Mod 1.4....I was like, "WHAT!" ...Oh well, your new kernel can wait...hahaha...:)....flashing the latest Salvage-Mod cannot wait. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Salvagemod will not be coming back in that sense. That name isn't something we can use. I have however starting something else. A cooler else. Right now the name is GeekMod. It is stored under the GeekRom name on github.

https://github.com/GeekRom

I hope to get everything that I can get working for the evo so I can release this. If people are really interested, give this post a thanks. If there is more then enough interest, then for sure I will work extra hard to get this together for the evo. I agree it would be nice to get some "Salvagemod" back.

:silly:

Salvage-Mod Gingerbread

unledgao.png
    SalvageMod is a AOSP project developed by myself, Barnacles10, and echoside.
    This software is built from the Android open source project 2.3.5 branch.

We are offering 1.4 both odex and deodex. Keep in mind, most themers theme deodex ROMs.
    Make sure to choose what the google add-on that corresponds with your ROM choice.

See the changelog above or in ROM for detailed changes.

Big thanks goes out to Cyanogen and Team-Win for coming through with wimax.

Visit our github for source and credit for anything specific you're looking for in the build.

: Disclaimer :
    We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software.
    Um, yeah, hate to burst your bubble, but we have a rather lengthy thread, several hundred pages in fact, for the gingerbread-evo-deck ROM on the VP forum. Not to mention the threads on Deck's ICS, Evervolv ICS, AOKP, MIUI, MikG, etc. We are also expanding the device forums which now includes EVO, EVO 3D, SGS II Epic 4G Touch, a Nook Color thread, & AsusTransformer/Prime discussions.
    You Salvaged guys are loyal, I'll give you that, but y'all really need to expand your horizons. :rolleyes: I'm not going to down this ROM, but it's lack of features that are now standard on many other ROMs have essentially left you guys in the dark ages for lack of a better term. And let's face it, with DarkTremors a2sd & the Firerat MTD partition resize Mod who is still really concerned with the the amount of internal storage left after flashing a ROM? Not me. ;)
    With all respect. There is cyanogenmod, then cyanogenmod ripoffs. This rom isn't made to mirror cyanogenmod. Never was and never will. No We have not worked on salvagemod, yet you can still run it safely without issue. If you want features, there is cyanogenmod. This rom is built to be slim. minimal. Sadly besides sense or miui, there are not maybe roms that are not CM based. Something we are proud of.

Thanks!
    Grabbing this one