[FIRMWARE] I9000XXJVR 2.3.4 DATE: 27th July (ADDITIONAL INFO IN THE 1st POST)

Search This thread

droidlab7

Apr 3, 2011
No difference in factoryrfs.rfs except the new latest release contains 2 files, build.prop and default.prop.

No difference in modem.bin

cache.rfs contains the carrier specific boot animation and sounds. It also contains InfoAlarm.apk (daily briefing).

zImage is identical to one in the leaked release.

Reactions: Donald Nice

mammenj

Sep 12, 2010
Download link to new JVR

Anyone has the link to download the new JVR ROM that can be flashed thru ODIN?

eddyrick

Oct 17, 2006
Cheshire
I've flashed for JVR (with darkys rom) and found that its running quite well BUT...
just a few quick questions guys:

1. Is it safe to use?
2. When backing up using Titanium do you backup just user apps or all system apps aswell?
3. If JVR is not recommended what is the last stable release?

Thanks,
Rick

xchasa

Dec 29, 2010
I've flashed for JVR (with darkys rom) and found that its running quite well BUT...
just a few quick questions guys:

1. Is it safe to use?
2. When backing up using Titanium do you backup just user apps or all system apps aswell?
3. If JVR is not recommended what is the last stable release?

Thanks,
Rick

Been on jvr for weeks now.
Better than jvq.
Added milkys modded jvh phone apk to stop fcs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Is there any impact of using swiscom rom version, such as providing apn manually or it has no impact?

CSC's contain APN information, so if you use your providers CSC, you're set. If not like in JVQ's case, just create APN's manually or if your provider offers it, send it to your mobile number from the internet (at least mine does that).

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
Now it will be interesting if Ramad can compare those two version of XXJVR ROM(leaked and official one) and tell us wether both are same or is there any modification?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

At first: the "old" JVR is mixed 3-file-firmware.. With CSC of JVQ! The "new" JVR is a 1-File-Firmware... Perhaps RAMAD will have a look! So... as far as i can compaire (@work, cant make a md5 check)

The "old" (leaked) CODE_I9000XXJVR (3-File-Firmware) contains:
- boot.bin (256 KB)
- cache.rfs (1.216 KB)
- dbdata.rfs (1.344KB)
- factory.rfs (275.752 KB)
- param.lfs (640KB)
- Sbl.bin (1.280 KB)
- zImage (5.592 KB)

Additional from the "old" MODEM_I9000XXJVR:
- modem.bin (12.288 KB)

Additional from the "old" CSC of JVQ:
- a second cache.rfs (9.752 KB)
- a second dbdata.rfs (77.152 KB)

===================

The "new" JVR contains:
- boot.bin - identical with the "old" JVR-Files
- cache.rfs - (12.244 KB) NOT IDENTICAL
- factory.rfs - identical with the "old" JVR-Files
- modem.bin - identical with the "old" JVR-Files
- param.lfs - identical with the "old" JVR-Files
- Sbl.bin - identical with the "old" JVR-Files
- Zimage - identical with the "old" JVR-Files

The comparison is made by filesize-comparison. Cant do a md5-check, because im @work. Also the dbdata.rfs is missing (logical: its a 1-File-Firmware).

The latest XXJVR with CSC:SWC is official by Samsung which you all can download from Samsung servers.

Information that I get by using Checkfus program by LuffarJoh is as follows:
------== Retrieved info ==------
LATEST_FW_VERSION: I9000XXJVR/I9000SWCJVR/I9000XXJVR/I9000XXJVR
BINARY_NAME: GT-I9000_SWC_2_20110810204740.zip.enc2
LAST_MODIFIED: 20110810204746
BINARY_CRC: 2037936127

So this firmware is official, you can use checkfus to check using the following preset:
I9000XXJQ3/I9000SWCJQ3/I9000XXJPY/I9000XXJQ3 SWC

If you wish to flash the firmware then flash as PDA with no pit and no re-partition.
I will wait for the official non provider firmware to add it to the firmwares thread and deodexed firmwares thread.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About XXJVR

Hi guys :)

I read that some of you want my opinion about this firmware, at least, this is what I understood of some of the posters in this thread.

I have downloaded the firmware and unpacked it, the first that got me thinking is the date of the CSC file.

Looking closer in the CSC file, I could find out that the CSC file was not made for XXJVR but is the old XXJVQ CSC package.
    If you want check by your self then use UltraISO or MagicISO on Windows to show and extract the content of the cache.rfs file, if you are a Linux user then just extract the cache.rfs file using the decompressing utility.

Some of you did mention that the firmware does not include the Daily Briefing utility, well, Samsung did move this application from the regular /system partition to the /data/app folder on /data partition so you have to look for it on the cache.rfs file. Even if the application is there and is being copied but it will not work because the files don't belong to this firmware.

My conclusion is, this firmware is incomplete and I will not use it, even if it later shows that the PHONE and PDA files are genuine, because it's not complete and includes files that does not belong to it. Please understand that this is my opinion.

So please don't ask me to add a link to the firmwares thread or deodex this firmware.

There were questions regarding the small and empty cache.rfs and dbdata.rfs in the PDA file, those files are used to format /cache and /dbdata prior to writing on these partitions. The big dbdata.rfs file that is included in the CSC package does include Samsung commercial/video/music material, I don't include this file because every one of you will end up deleting them and to make the firmware package smaller for you to download.
    Enjoy :D

Download from Hotfile (samfirmware link)

pass: samfirmware.com

Heimdall Package: HERE - Multiupload (thanks to aorth)

Build Date: 27 July 2011

Swype languages:
    UK and US English
    Nederlands
    Francais
    Deutsch
    Italiano
    Chinese(I think)
    Polski
    Portugues Europeu
    Espanol
    Turkce

xxjvr_02.png

(thanks to ingbrzy)
    Changelog (partial)
    • Speed Improvements
    • Browser Improved
    • The Bug of Phonea.apk is still present for someone
    • Maybe auto-brightness will not work using a custom kernel

ROOT & KERNELS
    Semaphore 1.5.0
    Galaxian
    SpeedMod
    CF-Root

FEEDBACKS
    Rooted with CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVP-v3.7-CWM3RFS and currently restoring my apps. Seems a lot faster in the restoration than JVQ.

quadrant score of 1645 on stock JVR

no speed mod or whatever ;)

This new JVR is very fast, at quadrant my score is 1693 with stock kernel.
    The phone is smooth, good audio in calls and good signal 3g.
    Tomorrow I will check also gps and battery life.

This rom is blazing fast !!!
    installed 110+ apps and still its not slowing down... not even a bit...
    And not that it matters much but i am getting 1750+ quadrant every time and highest being 1839 !!!

And all this on STOCK ROM :eek:
    why is this JVR rom considerably larger than samfirmware.
    This is 376.67 MB and samfirmware is 229.6 MB which is about 147MB more than the first post from samfirmware link.
    Anyone??

It's all about money, the bigger the file is the bigger is the pay: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=846913&page=50 post #491

He does not compress the files to keep the size big to maximize profit, you did not know BogdanSNB and his scam, but now you know. :)
    JVR -fixed- spottings:

- Phone.apk FC (HOT TO TRIGGER BUG POST LINK) - NOT FIXED
    - m4a tags reading (HOW TO CHECK POST LINK) - FIXED
    - cfroot wifi/bt/gps - FIXED

- wifi seems to be improved in therms of signal streanght recived and in consequence speed connected - but this could be placebo as well

- using battery after charging it to 100% with AC still plugged in - to be determined
    - power usage of wifi in connected but idle state - to be determined
    - browser lag after dodexing / moding framework.odex - to be determined (probably it will lag but i can wish)
    @$omator What about this?

An spanish user from HTCMania forum said this morning that for those who have drain battery problems with AC plugged, try to charge the phone unselecting “USB Mass storage”.

This user says that he tried it during the night and this morning had 99% when he unplugged the AC.

Thanks for this info!
    If I select "Mass Storage" inside the USB Settings the battery charge till 100% and stops charging after this. The battery info still tells me 100% but if I unplug the power the real battery level is much lower.

With the USB setting "Samsung Kies" the device didn't stop charging. And the battery is still full after unplugging the device.