561 posts
Thanks Meter: 425

By Technomancer, Retired Recognized Developer on 28th January 2011, 12:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th August 2011, 01:51 AM |#1721  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Weird question but when i flashed CM7 It was a little borked. My internal sd was mounted under emmc so the OS was using my external sd as its main storage. Is this normal behaviour for CM7 on the tab or did i do something wrong?

Mind you, i flashed it the same way i did on my sgs so i might have actually missed something. I also wasnt near a computer so i used the cwm file. If thats the problem and i should be using odin/heimdall, let me know!

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

19th August 2011, 02:24 AM |#1722  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Be gentle guys...
19th August 2011, 02:31 AM |#1723  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Oh, right. OP. Carry on. Im an idiot.

Cant believe i missed that, seriously.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA A.pp
19th August 2011, 02:42 AM |#1724  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is this built for international GSM ? my model no. is GT-P1000 but its not ATT or T-Mobile
19th August 2011, 02:54 AM |#1725  
Flag Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smahmood143

Is this built for international GSM ? my model no. is GT-P1000 but its not ATT or T-Mobile

Yes, I have a Telstra branded Samsung Galaxy Tab and it works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to tangcla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tangcla Ad-Free
19th August 2011, 03:51 AM |#1726  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smahmood143

I have a Bell one and no issues.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App
19th August 2011, 09:47 AM |#1727  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 4

More
can't install
hi all,

could somebody help me out please? I just can't install the ROM. I'm using Heimdall Frontend 1.3.0; downloaded the tcm7beta-2011-08-07.zip; extracted this .zip file; phone is detected by Heimdall in download mode; loaded the factoryfs.ext4 under "Load package", but after extraction finished, I'm getting this error message: "firmware.xml" is missing from the package.

I've downloaded and extracted the tcm7beta-2011-08-07.zip again but I'm getting the same error message. start button in Heimdall is not active, can't flash...

when I'm trying to load zImage, I'm getting this error from Heimdall: "Tar header contained an invalid file size."

what am I doing wrong? why it's not working for me? please help me.
thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01a.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	693982   Click image for larger version

Name:	02a.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	693983   Click image for larger version

Name:	03a.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	693984  
19th August 2011, 10:15 AM |#1728  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Had the same issue with Heimdall, so I flashed a custom ROM with CWR and installed CM7 through CWR
19th August 2011, 10:21 AM |#1729  
Thanks Meter: 691

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomezzz

hi all,

could somebody help me out please? I just can't install the ROM. I'm using Heimdall Frontend 1.3.0; downloaded the tcm7beta-2011-08-07.zip; extracted this .zip file; phone is detected by Heimdall in download mode; loaded the factoryfs.ext4 under "Load package", but after extraction finished, I'm getting this error message: "firmware.xml" is missing from the package.

I've downloaded and extracted the tcm7beta-2011-08-07.zip again but I'm getting the same error message. start button in Heimdall is not active, can't flash...

when I'm trying to load zImage, I'm getting this error from Heimdall: "Tar header contained an invalid file size."

what am I doing wrong? why it's not working for me? please help me.
thank you.

The new version of Heimdall is a little funny.

What you want to do is extract the zip you have downloaded to a known directory, then open up heimdall. Click on the "Flash" tab then click on the browse button next to the PIT file option. Navigate to the pit file supplied with the ROM and select it. Now, underneath the box to the right you need to click on Add. When you do this a drop down menu to the left will become active. Change the highlighted option to Kernel, then underneath it click browse. navigate to the extracted zImage and select it. Now click add again, change the dropdown to factoryfs then click browse, select "factoryfs.ext4". Heimdall will issue a warning about the extension, just ignore it and carry on. Do the same process for cache (cache.ext4), and dbdatafs (dbdata.ext4). It will issue the warning for both of them, just ignore it and carry on.

Once done the flash button becomes active, and you can go!

If you need/want pictures, let me know. I'll update this post
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheGrammarFreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheGrammarFreak Ad-Free
19th August 2011, 11:10 AM |#1730  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 4

More
thank you so, so much!!! :)
THANK YOU very much GrammarFreak!
19th August 2011, 12:37 PM |#1731  
Thanks Meter: 691

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomezzz

thank you so, so much!!! :)
THANK YOU very much GrammarFreak!

No problem dude. You got it all working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)