[OFFICAL] Work out how to enable fastboot for locked devices / Problem solved :D

Search This thread

emuni

Feb 7, 2009
London
Hi, my first post here so hello everybody! Ive been reading these forums for a while, been a great help loading custom roms on my old HTC touch diamond and hd2! So I bought an xperia play on ebay, advertised as sim free but actually an orange phone with the simlock removed, I can't fastboot on this - just boots the phone normally. Is there no way I can do anything to get it to work?

Jinx - how was you remotely connecting to the phones to get them to fastboot?

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

punkmonkey1984

Aug 16, 2008
Bucheon 부천시
You might have to wait like the rest of us to enable fastboot, some of us have been waiting since april/may time.
Blagus is working on a method to enable this cheaply. Its just a matter of time now into he releases his method and fix.
All in good time. :)

d31b0y

Jan 28, 2009
Can I assume this will work for the play too? Can't wait blagus. Great job.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So as you may already be aware phones like mine, (orange uk) have the fastboot locked down, and so we cant unlock the bootloader.

I for one believe it can be accessed but needs a little bit of time and research on getting it done.

This thread is aimed for brain-storming for ideas and collecting them for us to try out,

You can de-brand your phone by flashing the software from this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1033193

thanks to scott4 for the first upload mirror on page 3

Any ideas on getting the bootloader up and going on locked devices please put them in here

UPDATES

We now have root access thanks to Chainfire's gingerbreak apk which is here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

If your getting "could not extract assets" from gingerbreak

try doing
    cool, finally I rooted my xperia ARC :)
    these are very simple steps(copied from different threads):
    1. Install the attached apk: Gingerbreak-v1.00
    after installing most people getting this error - "could not extract assets".

TO OVERCOME THIS, just copy the attached ADB.zip and extract it on your laptop (windows)
    say at
    E:\mobile_Xperia\ADB
    goto above path in your cmd promt and types these lines (your phone should be connected to laptop in debugging mode)
    E:\mobile_Xperia\ADB>adb shell rmdir /data/local/tmp
    E:\mobile_Xperia\ADB>adb shell mkdir /data/local/tmp

NOW JUST INSTALL THE apk file again and click on ROOT :D
    if that Fails try replacing it with rm -r /data/local/tmp

Update 2

Blagus has kindly opened up this thread here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1063394

We need people with a SIM-FREE phone with a LOCKED bootloader to help us all out, so if thats YOU !!!
    Help us poor sods with branded handsets please.
    :)

UPDATE 3

Blagus Has come out with his release (As the man who can)

Omnius for SE v0.23 (30th August 2011)

Added unlocking of S1 MSM7x30 GSM/UMTS phones (testpoint connection to GND is required.)
    Added bootloader unlocking for S1 MSM7x30 phones

Anyone who donated (+punk... sorry forgot username, the OP ;)), contact me for free unlock.

For rest, contact for price (cheaper than at official Omnius resellers).

You can contact him here http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2645841

Instructions
    TESTPOINT INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY mooxie FROM XDA FORUM:
    1 turn of the phone
    2 take of the backcover
    3 remove the battery and sim card
    4 take of the plastic covering the test point it's a bit stuck there but the gentle if you can.
    5 Find something flexible like a wire or so i used steel wire. Make bend it so you easily can put it on the test point and the ground since you need to hold it there and press the powerbutton in the next step.
    6 put in the battery
    7 put the wire on the test point and the ground keep it there and press the power button for a few seconds. You wont get any confirmation that it suceeded.
    8 Plug in the usb cable in the phone. Windows will now search for a new driver.
    If it doesn't install automaticly. Go into the device manager of windows and look up something called SEMC_HUBB think it was that name. Choose update driver and browse to your omnius\driver folder. You will get a warning that the driver isn't signed but press okay and it should install.
    9 Now if everything is done right the flashing will start and you should soon have an unlocked phone :)

Also side note i had problems with
    qhsusb_dload driver not installing correctly.
    if this is your case right click update and point to the omnius folder and choose update. worked for me.
    hurrrrrray !!! when and what will it be ??? Thanks a lot Blagus

Soon ;) 2-3 weeks maximum.
    It'll be testpoint solution as it requires ROM mode but it's extremely easy to do ;)

Omnius for SE v0.23 (30th August 2011)

Added unlocking of S1 MSM7x30 GSM/UMTS phones (testpoint connection to GND is required.)
    Added bootloader unlocking for S1 MSM7x30 phones

Anyone who donated (+punk... sorry forgot username, the OP ;)), contact me for free unlock.

For rest, contact for price (cheaper than at official Omnius resellers).
    you're walking up a burning desire inside me to stop offering cheaper unlocks to xda users and free fastboot enable to users who donated. i just CAN'T give it for free... why? because it's not me who lost several weeks of life while making it possible. so i can't affect it.

Some good news people - non remote solution coming soon ;)