How to make HTC Audio Manager to search only "My Music" Folder?

Search This thread

jugulator

Jun 14, 2005
Hi all,
As obvious from the title, is there any tweaks available to make the HTC Audio Manager to search ONLY the My Music folder in the Storage Card? I have other applications which use lot of voice files, which are not actually music. So, the playlist on the Audio Manager is messed up. At the moment the audio manager searches all voice files in the Storage Card. Any input will be appreciated.
Cheers

kheops_974

May 26, 2006
Go with registry editor in HKLM\Software\HTC\AudioManager\Config\
And edit : "device_scan_path_path" and "device_scan_path_path_0"
Type : "\storage card\my documents\my music" or the path to your music on sd card.

jugulator

Jun 14, 2005
Type : "\storage card\my documents\my music" or the path to your music on sd card.

Thanks. But it doesnt work. I tries soft resetting and also renaming the folder with voice files in it. AM was still clever to find the renamed folder on the SD card! Anything else???

jugulator

Jun 14, 2005
Hi all,
As obvious from the title, is there any tweaks available to make the HTC Audio Manager to search ONLY the My Music folder in the Storage Card? I have other applications which use lot of voice files, which are not actually music. So, the playlist on the Audio Manager is messed up. At the moment the audio manager searches all voice files in the Storage Card. Any input will be appreciated.
Cheers

Anyone please?

Martie

Feb 15, 2007
after editing the registry.. shutdown the device with Power-Button (hold them ca 3-4 sec and click "yes")

cushcalc

Media Player has same problem . . .

Can a similar thing be done with Microsoft Windows Media Player?
It does the same thing as AudioManager when you let it add music on its own - puts every ringtone and system sound in there too - what a mess!
The only way I've found to avoid this is to never click "Update Library" - instead always use Media Plaer 11 on my PC to sync and orgainize songs and playlists.

I don't see similar registry settings in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer . . .

chavonbravo

Jul 15, 2006
You get double results because it searches twice the same place. Try different registry settings for each.

For example for device_scan_path_path put \My Documents\My Music and for device_scan_path_path0 put \Storage Card\My Documents\My Music.

This way it'll search both your phone memory and your storage card. Basically so you can have two different places to store music.

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
You get double results because it searches twice the same place. Try different registry settings for each.

For example for device_scan_path_path put \My Documents\My Music and for device_scan_path_path0 put \Storage Card\My Documents\My Music.

This way it'll search both your phone memory and your storage card. Basically so you can have two different places to store music.

Someone tried this?

se0siris

Dec 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
overthere.co.uk
Not working for me - I've just set the two values to \My Documents\My Music and \Storage Card\My Documents\My Music, removed the card and started Audio Manager to wipe the titles (\My Documents\My Music is empty so it just shows "No titles found" and doesn't show any tracks), did a soft reset (proper power button cycle) and checked the values were still set in the registry, started Audio Manager again for good measure, closed Audio Manager, re-inserted the storage card and started Audio Manager again...

...and it's still pulling in tracks from my ringtones folder and the odd stray podcast hanging around in \Storage Card\program Files\RSS Hub :(.

blondak

Dec 17, 2007
this works for me

This works for me

HKLM\Software\HTC\AudioManager\Config\
"device_scan_path_path_0"="\my documents\my music\" or the path to your music on sd card (without \SD Card). must ends with "\"
"device_scan_path_path" leave as is or enter path on you phone memory (must ends with "\")

but be sure that AudioManager doesn't running while editing.

Last edited:

pencilcase

Jan 18, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
This works for me

"device_scan_path_path_0"="\my documents\my music\" or the path to your music on sd card (without \SD Card). must ends with "\"
"device_scan_path_path" leave as is or enter path on you phone memory (must ends with "\")

tried that, didnt work either :( still finds everything

creed

Feb 28, 2006
Why is Audio Manager so popular?

I can't play half my music files with it. I can't get it to find my library changing the registry values mentioned. It doesn't play anything over 192kbps. It doesn't even have the option to open a file directly! If it's not in the library then it can't play it.

Maybe I am having teething problems but the only thing I like is that its free but since pocket player can play almost any format and any bitrate and picks up all my files in its playlists I thought for $20 it was worth it.

Is it because I have and older version of Audio Manager? Can't change it without flashing my ROM so don't want to do this at the minute especially if I am going to have all the same problems.

DaM79

Dec 15, 2008
Düsseldorf
This works for me

Well, to approve this really works for you, can you please copy just one mp3-file to root of memory card and soft reset? If the single file is not shown afterwards, then this really works for you. Otherwhise it just scans all the audio-data on your memory... See this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=462531 I am trying really hard to get the problem solved....