Go SMS Pro: How can I have popups on lock screen?

Search This thread

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
I have been using Handcent for awhile and really like it. But yesterday switched to Go SMS Pro to check it out and because I like some of the themes.

But I noticed, unlike Handcent or ChompSMS, it does NOT have a popup window with incoming text on the Lock screen! I like to check out my text and maybe send a quick reply without unlcking my phone.

I can't find the option anywhere in Go SMS Pro, so I think it doesn't have it. I'd like to continue using it, but I think I'll have to go back to Handcent for the Lock screen text.

Does anyone know of a way to have it pop up on the lock screen? I did email the author about it.

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
You must have looked extremely hard.

Settings > Notification settings > Enable Popup windows

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
You must have looked extremely hard.

Settings > Notification settings > Enable Popup windows

Thank for the reply.

Yes I saw that, but that only is for popups if you are already in the phone. That doesn't enable lock screen popups.

On the lockscreen, it will light up, but only show you on your status bar on top of a new text, not an actual popup.

Tone_Capone

May 8, 2011
Ohio
Do any popup windows happen at all, or just not on the lockscreen? Do you have a pattern/password lock?

I have been using widgetlocker for some time now and the popups come up fine for me. I have flashed many roms since starting to use Go SMS and never have had this problem. Im thinking either go sms is corrupted and you may need to uninstall and reinstall, or the stock lockscreen is getting in the way

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
I get popups over the lockscreen.

EDIT: Attached are the seetings that work for me...

Attachments

• SC20110823-143829.jpg
    SC20110823-143829.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 5,574
Last edited:

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
I notice it doesn't really seem to work on my Sensation. Could it be because of the new lock screen (Sense 3.0)?

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
Well I am running a stock Atrix, and even after reinstalling I still don't get popups on the lock screen. I get them everywhere else though. Also I have all the appropriate settings checked.

A friend with an HTC Incredible has the same issue. It might be a bug in Go SMS Pro?

I uninstalled Handcent first before I installed Go SMS Pro, do you think maybe there is a residue setting in there causing this?

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
I would doubt it. Try clearing Go SMS data and cache and having another attempt.

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
I would doubt it. Try clearing Go SMS data and cache and having another attempt.

Well tried that, and even uninstalled / reinstall one more time and still no go.

When I get an incoming text when the screen is off, the lock screen will light up, but the text shows on the status bar on top and doesn't have the popup/quick reply window like it does if I am already in the phone.

I guess it is a bug in Go SMS Pro for some phones.

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
Sounds like you might be right. That's a bummer for you. The irony is that I have disabled my popups as I don't like them :p

lexicomp

Sep 21, 2011
Well tried that, and even uninstalled / reinstall one more time and still no go.

When I get an incoming text when the screen is off, the lock screen will light up, but the text shows on the status bar on top and doesn't have the popup/quick reply window like it does if I am already in the phone.

I guess it is a bug in Go SMS Pro for some phones.

I selected the following option

notification settings > screen settings > unlock screen.

That seemed to have done the trick for the popup to show for the designated amount of time (10 sec for me), and it doesn't actually unlock the phone. Once I reply/delete or close the popup, I am prompted with slide lock and unlock pattern.

Droid Eris with GSB v3.8 CM7
Security lock settings:
Screen timeout delay: 10s
Screen turned off delay: 1s
Slide lock settings:
Slide lock separate delay enabled
Screen timeout delay: 5s
Screen turned off delay: Immediately

StarrieEyes

Jun 14, 2012
Maybe this will help

I tried messing around with the notification settings and checked the box that said unlock screen when receiving a message and had my friend text me. the text showed up over the lock screen so maybe that helps?

i'm using a motorola atrix.:confused:

Fouanette

May 12, 2010
I had the same problem with gosms. The only way I found was to check turn lock screen on, in the menu underneath the enable the pop up line and it worked. It does wake your phone though.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA

merog

May 20, 2012
Enable unlock screen under "Notification Settings > Screen settings > Unlock Screen" and that will take care of it. Dont worry it will not actually unlock your device.
Doing this enabled popup on my locked screen. Using Samsung Galaxy S3.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJMAN1st

tytanium8

Mar 31, 2010
Try using the unlock screen option with pop up enabled. If I helped...... Thank me please.

dread76

May 19, 2013
Go SMS pro doesnt' allow me to reply from a locked screen either on SAMSUNG GALAXY S4

I have been using Handcent for awhile and really like it. But yesterday switched to Go SMS Pro to check it out and because I like some of the themes.

But I noticed, unlike Handcent or ChompSMS, it does NOT have a popup window with incoming text on the Lock screen! I like to check out my text and maybe send a quick reply without unlcking my phone.

I can't find the option anywhere in Go SMS Pro, so I think it doesn't have it. I'd like to continue using it, but I think I'll have to go back to Handcent for the Lock screen text.

Does anyone know of a way to have it pop up on the lock screen? I did email the author about it.

I have the same problem as well. It simply doesn't work with my Samsung Galaxy S4 either. Even if you setup and use all the appropriate settings, as the below poster said, it still requires me to swipe and unlock my S4 first, then I see the pop up sms. But having to unlock the phone first; to then be able to reply to a text is pretty sad and useless. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a fix for this, or a properly working "quick reply" out there in the ANDROID WORLD...LOL.
I'm looking for something similar to BITESMS for iphone 5 (which worked pretty darn well for me).
Does anyone have any recent news for the quick reply issue with the S4?

Thanks.

Tremulant1

Jun 13, 2012
California
I have the same problem as well. It simply doesn't work with my Samsung Galaxy S4 either. Even if you setup and use all the appropriate settings, as the below poster said, it still requires me to swipe and unlock my S4 first, then I see the pop up sms. But having to unlock the phone first; to then be able to reply to a text is pretty sad and useless. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a fix for this, or a properly working "quick reply" out there in the ANDROID WORLD...LOL.
I'm looking for something similar to BITESMS for iphone 5 (which worked pretty darn well for me).
Does anyone have any recent news for the quick reply issue with the S4?

Thanks.

I have the S4 and using GoSMS pro. You have to enable "Turn lockscreen off" under the Settings > Advanced > Notification Settings > under "Screen Settings" you need to make sure to check the "Unlock Screen when receiving messages" and "Turn on Screen when receiving messages" once this is done....you need to make sure you are COMPLETELY backed out of GoSMS Pro to test it. When you receive a text message the screen will be unlocked and ON. Once you respond or "X" out of it...the screen will lock again.

Hope this helps.

Maccabird

Sep 24, 2013
I have the S4 and using GoSMS pro. You have to enable "Turn lockscreen off" under the Settings > Advanced > Notification Settings > under "Screen Settings" you need to make sure to check the "Unlock Screen when receiving messages" and "Turn on Screen when receiving messages" once this is done....you need to make sure you are COMPLETELY backed out of GoSMS Pro to test it. When you receive a text message the screen will be unlocked and ON. Once you respond or "X" out of it...the screen will lock again.

Hope this helps.

I have a GS4 with these settings on go sms pro:

"Unlock screen when receiving messages" checked ON
"Turn on screen when receiving messages" checked ON

When I get a text, my screen turns on, but it shows my regular lock screen with the pattern grid, and then only shows the go sms pro notification icon in the notification bar up top.

I'm looking for something that will be like the stock SMS app on the GS4, where you get a text message and it shows you on the lock screen above the pattern grid.

methodz

Nov 25, 2008
Yeah, I did what you guys said but when I allow unlock phone and turn on screen when I get a message it takes me directly to my go SMS app inside of the phone! Lol. I don't want that, I just want that little tiny popup window on the actual lockscreen itself. I have a note 3 Qualcomm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enable unlock screen under "Notification Settings > Screen settings > Unlock Screen" and that will take care of it. Dont worry it will not actually unlock your device.
    Doing this enabled popup on my locked screen. Using Samsung Galaxy S3.