Sweet that's awesome, thank-you very much can't wait to try this
23rd August 2011, 08:33 AM |#212  
Flag Ile d'Oleron
Thanks Meter: 111

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baculakp

Hello I have new experince with battery problem. Yesterday I installed old 2.1 original Signet ROM and problem with battery drain is out. For my phone is no problem charge to full to 100% a wait until I drop down a charger. And super is, my battery fall down normaly .
So I thing, don´t make any crazy test with battery callibration. This problem is only with alternative ROMs

No you did not understand.

"Original" roms are made by Sony-Ericsson itself - It is made so to perfectly fit hardware, including battery specifications. But, most important, stock roms re-installation wipes and resets perfectly battery stats, that's why you get a ready-to-go battery.

Problem is not with alternative roms, but with bad manual wiping : on a stock rom, you can let your battery to 15% for instance, wipe battery stats manually, and you'll get into same troubles as any other custom rom.

People should be aware that it is NOT dangerous for battery (as the stats are only done to help Android), but it is not intented for manual wipe whenever we want, especially when battery does not show 100% within Android.

Whatever it happens, flashing stock rom from SEUS or PC Companion does restore everything - so don't complain, it's not dangerous but boring to go back to stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval from Hyrule For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Perceval from Hyrule Ad-Free
23rd August 2011, 01:31 PM |#213  
Flag Najafabad|Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I have battery problem too..I use SE 2.3.3 rom and when I use wipe battery It will come down fom 100% to 89% or 90% every time...I do it for 5 times and yet when I unplug it ,I will dryes too fast...for Charging it is to slow to charghes to 100% Do you thing the battery itself has problem?
23rd August 2011, 04:38 PM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by am2222

I have battery problem too..I use SE 2.3.3 rom and when I use wipe battery It will come down fom 100% to 89% or 90% every time...I do it for 5 times and yet when I unplug it ,I will dryes too fast...for Charging it is to slow to charghes to 100% Do you thing the battery itself has problem?

Indeed your battery seems to be a problem.

Be careful as I have heard and read of old (and some new) batteries exploding (not specifically X10's). Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to blingin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blingin Ad-Free
23rd August 2011, 05:40 PM |#215  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Will try using this method to calibrate..
23rd August 2011, 11:57 PM |#216  
Flag Najafabad|Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingin

Indeed your battery seems to be a problem.

Be careful as I have heard and read of old (and some new) batteries exploding (not specifically X10's). Good luck!

Hi do you think I must buy a new battery?
explodind?really?do you think it will explode?
24th August 2011, 06:41 AM |#217  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooidort

A while back there was a thread about supposedly calibrating X10's battery by charging it to 100%, turning it off, taking the battery out and inserting the charger chord, and then putting the battery back. This made the battery percentage drop down to 88% and when repeating this procedure a couple of times it would rise back to 100%, thus supposedly calibrating the battery. This worked to some and to others not. Now that we have xRecovery, I thought I'd try this in conjuction with the battery stats wipe option and whaddayaknow, I've got better battery life now. Now I can go through a whole day with heavy usage and still have some battery left for the phone to survive through night with data and syncing on. So I thought I'd share this with you guys to try out and report too.

ROOT IS REQUIRED!

STEPS:
1. Download and install xRecovery from here.
2. Charge your phone to 100%
3. Turn off the phone and boot into recovery
4. In recovery, go to Advanced options --> Wipe Battery Stats --> Yes
5. Take the battery off
6. Insert the charger chord
7. Put the battery back and wait for the phone to boot
8. Once the phone boots up, you will notice that the battery percentage is around 88% instead of 100%
9. Charge the phone back to 100%
10. Repeat 4-5 times, seems to be the sweet spot
11. Enjoy your hopefully better battery life and report!

REMEMBER THAT I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP ETC. AFTER THIS!

I tried this option and I can boldly say that really significantly improve the battery life. THANKS for the advice. :)
24th August 2011, 02:04 PM |#218  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 4

More
In the process of doing this, but didn't run down to 88%. It went to 97% from 100% after restarting. Recharged till 100% and in the 4th cycle now.

Will post soon.

Thanks for the great tip, battery life was a pain in the a** :)
24th August 2011, 02:18 PM |#219  
Flag Colombo

More
Hmmm ???

Have u guys have data turned on 24/7? I just did everything and nothing went wrong. I just lost 1% in 2 minutes just on standby. Im on stock GB. Is this normal.

Have data on with 3g 24/7
Display at 50%.

Stats show
Display 78%
Mobile Standby 13%
Phone Idle 8%
Android System 2%

Is this normal, or should I stop worrying and give it some time, ha ha ha. Experts pls advice..
The Following User Says Thank You to zeus09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeus09 Ad-Free
24th August 2011, 02:27 PM |#220  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I wanna ask if we must do a full discharge everytime after calibrated the battery?
24th August 2011, 03:07 PM |#221  
Flag Colombo

More
6% in 55 minutes with no activity. Just about 3 minutes of fb! Is this normal? Come on like loosing 6% of ur battery within an hour without doing anything. This is bugging me :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to zeus09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeus09 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)