[DEV] Netflix patch for Asus Transformer

288 posts
Thanks Meter: 412

By Mistar Muffin, Senior Member on 21st July 2011, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2011, 03:09 AM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Here is another download site. Just got it working on mine. So awesome!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1177986

25th August 2011, 11:32 AM |#312  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
confused
hello all. i am trying to get netflix working on my acer a500. i rooted it but it isn't running a custom rom. i have netflix installed but im trying to get the patch working. i downloaded the patch and its on my sc card. i checked my file managers and its there. but when i boot into recovery using clockworkmod and i go apply the zip file it wont show up. i am so confused. any thoughts?
26th August 2011, 04:32 PM |#313  

More
Can someone please make a zip file that can be flashed to reverse the process?

I have tried to go in and manually rename the .so and it won't let me do it.

Also, this would be handy for everyday use.. just reflash when I want to use Netflix and then flash back when I'm done. That way my camcorder stays at the ready.
26th August 2011, 06:02 PM |#314  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekip

Can someone please make a zip file that can be flashed to reverse the process?

I have tried to go in and manually rename the .so and it won't let me do it.

Also, this would be handy for everyday use.. just reflash when I want to use Netflix and then flash back when I'm done. That way my camcorder stays at the ready.

Make sure you use something like Root Explorer and change the mount to R/W instead of R/O. You can find the mount button at the top of the Root Explorer window.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hizpanick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hizpanick Ad-Free
26th August 2011, 07:04 PM |#315  
Flag Houston/Jackson Hole

Donate to Me
More
Now that I have Netflix.apk on my PC harddrive and my beee transformer plugged into it, how do I load it on the Transformer?
26th August 2011, 07:52 PM |#316  
Thanks Meter: 759

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkochman

Now that I have Netflix.apk on my PC harddrive and my beee transformer plugged into it, how do I load it on the Transformer?

Email it to yourself.
26th August 2011, 08:43 PM |#317  

Donate to Me
More
I tried the same thing on my transformer and got a 'problem parsing the package' error every time I try to load it
26th August 2011, 08:46 PM |#318  

More
Or someone could teach me how to use Root Explorer.. Cool!

I shall try this and see if I can figure it out now.

THANKS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizpanick

Make sure you use something like Root Explorer and change the mount to R/W instead of R/O. You can find the mount button at the top of the Root Explorer window.

27th August 2011, 02:40 PM |#319  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblfstr

Email it to yourself.

Tthanks,but all that gives me is 'problem parsing the package' message.
28th August 2011, 06:59 AM |#320  
Flag Union City, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Hey EveryBody The newest O.T.A. From ASUS Firmware Build#8.6.5.9-20110816
Kernel version 2.6.36.3-00003-g9baf8f7 Finnaly Supports The 1.3 Netflix release without using the xoom lib.so Files "its about Damn Time" But hey atleast they did finnaly provide the support as they should. Thanks to the Developers that have carried us through.

Now I Just need to figure out how to get "Rewt" with this new build. is it just the boot.img that has to be changed to allow me to root?

If so what do I need to do so? Prob. not the right place for the Latter ??'s but just hoping somebody is feeling helpful Thanks Again ALL Much Love Here!

I finally rooted my Transformer using this method. I wanted to use AdFree, but for some reason, it does not work in the browser. All ads appaer on nytimes.com which I use as a test page as it is flodded with ads. It does an excellent job on my HTC EVO.

I just read your post, checked my version number and noticde I was one revision behind. I am now applying the update after running a manual check (I never recieved an automatic notification).

I will hit the market and see if Netflix is there as side-loading did not work.
28th August 2011, 07:06 AM |#321  
Flag Union City, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by INHUMANITY

I finally rooted my Transformer using this method. I wanted to use AdFree, but for some reason, it does not work in the browser. All ads appaer on nytimes.com which I use as a test page as it is flodded with ads. It does an excellent job on my HTC EVO.

I just read your post, checked my version number and noticde I was one revision behind. I am now applying the update after running a manual check (I never recieved an automatic notification).

I will hit the market and see if Netflix is there as side-loading did not work.

Just updated to 8.6.5.9-20110816. Netflix does NOT appear in the market. As expected, I lost root capabilities.

I will try re-rooting to see if I can at least can that functionality back.

For folks that are tired of dealing with this crap, I purchased a copy of Splashtop HD which allows you to remote control other computers. Sure, there are dozen of other similar apps out there, but this is the only one that will display full audio and video from your browser, media player, etc.

Yes, it's technically cheating as I have to connect to my desktop, but it's a interim solution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)