[Q] Verizon PRL?

Search This thread

bdbc

Mar 19, 2011
I have an Epic, and my wife has the Evo Shift. The sprint tower in our area recently got struck by lightning, and in turn dropped our signal from all bars to no bars. Sprint says it'll be a few days at least for a fix.

What I'm wondering is what the accepted verizon PRL is for use on the Evo Shift. I just pushed a modded verizon PRL to my Epic, which the 'modder' has termed 00001. It was essentially a modding of the most recent verizon PRL in a way so that it won't show up as roaming to the phone, eliminating the extra steps to make a call and such. Of course, sprint still sees it as roaming. Can this PRL be safely used on the Evo Shift, or is there a more commonly used and accepted PRL version? We desperately need tower coverage for the interim. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Your CM7 nightlies on the Evo Shift rock! That's what I'm running on the wife's phone...

F

FdxRider

Firstly I'm sure you know you will have to restore a sense rom or flash one to change the prl,there is another way using qpst but not recommended cuz it can screw your phone up. Any way go here to this thread over in the hero forums and get in touch with oostah or Bierce they are pretty good at what you want to pursue.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15103621

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

bdbc

Mar 19, 2011
Firstly I'm sure you know you will have to restore a sense rom or flash one to change the prl,there is another way using qpst but not recommended cuz it can screw your phone up. Any way go here to this thread over in the hero forums and get in touch with oostah or Bierce they are pretty good at what you want to pursue.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15103621

Thanks. I'll look over at the hero forums. But I was planning on using the QPST method, so I'll be looking over there with that method in mind. I've used it many times in the past with no issues.

jsp254

Apr 20, 2009
Ok, I tried the sense prl update the other day. I tried every 2.1 sense I could find to do this. On each one I would type ##775 and when I would press the last #, it wouldn't do anything. The dialer would clear itself ready to start over again. I tried mikmik, twisted, etc. I tried to find an original froyo rom but the links to one in the wiki are dead. Anyone suggest a good rom to use or one that works for you? Link me please. Also, if the roms I've tried have worked for you, suggest what may be wrong. I tried the original mikmiks and the wouldn't even load on my shift. Never got past the splash. I really do not want to unroot. Thanks guys!

F

FdxRider

Gimme me couple mins. I'll post a epst file you will install and you should get that back

southernstyle

Jan 19, 2008
Ok, I tried the sense prl update the other day. I tried every 2.1 sense I could find to do this. On each one I would type ##775 and when I would press the last #, it wouldn't do anything. The dialer would clear itself ready to start over again. I tried mikmik, twisted, etc. I tried to find an original froyo rom but the links to one in the wiki are dead. Anyone suggest a good rom to use or one that works for you? Link me please. Also, if the roms I've tried have worked for you, suggest what may be wrong. I tried the original mikmiks and the wouldn't even load on my shift. Never got past the splash. I really do not want to unroot. Thanks guys!

You need an older version of epst.apk.

I had to do this before and it works, but you need root explorer or adb to push it on the shift. The epst needs to be version 2.1 I believe. I can't attach from this app but a quick Google will come up with it.

Sent from your Mom's Jitterbug

F

FdxRider

Here Ya go I believe this is the right one, like southernstyle said put on root of sd card and install with root explorer.

Attachments

• EPST.apk
    240.4 KB · Views: 56

jsp254

Apr 20, 2009
Awesome! I need to charge this bad boy before I go flashing roms and such, but I'll let you guys know how this went. Thanks bros!