[FIRMWARE]LG Optimus 2x P990 Original ROM's[DOWNLOAD]

63 posts
Thanks Meter: 376

By nasirahmed, Member on 14th April 2011, 12:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2011, 03:54 PM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
^^ can you get into APX mode or S/W mode?

APX mode: hold vol + and vol - then plug usb cable in, nothing will happen but computer will make sound,

S/W mode: vol - and plug usb cable.

It took me two days to get mine working after i messed everything up.

Used smartflash to load the stock 622 baseband and nvflash to flash recovery.

I also had random reboot issues and sent the phone to LG service, they replaced the battery. it doesn't seem they touched the hardware, so i flashed cm7 #115, phone seems very stable, no issues for far, but only been using it for a day now.
25th August 2011, 05:27 PM |#372  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

It took me two days to get mine working after i messed everything up.

Thanks, but the firmware update didn't actually mess up the phone, that is my particular handset's *normal* behaviour. Rebooting endlessly, freezing while on sleep etc. In the first few days that I had it must have rebooted 10-20 times A DAY.

I've smartflashed v10b (the rom it shipped with), v10d (the rom it updated to) and I also got the OTA for v10e. No difference.

Late last night I smartflashed back to v10d, did privacy->wipe personal data and put the phone back in its box. No more messing with this, it has to go for a service.
25th August 2011, 06:10 PM |#373  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruppin

Like I've said before, the P990 and P990h is different phones, so you can't flash any of these. Or, you probaly could flash just the firmware (and not baseband) if you kept the RIL, but I advise against it. It could break phone capability, or even bootloop if the partitions differ. Both is unlikely but why take the chance?

You could ask the thread starter to be the kind man that he is and upload some of the P990h FWs also. I'm sure he can get them, since he have uploaded FWs to every other optimus 2x model there is. That's your (p990h users) best way to unbrand and keep up to date.

Good news:

I can confirm that p990 and p990h are the same phone. I was testing the p990 firmware on my p900h without any issue.

The another thing is that i got a unbranded firmware for Brazil users, but its on cmw backup format.
28th August 2011, 04:19 PM |#374  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
can anyone send me original lockscreen from stock rom?
28th August 2011, 09:08 PM |#375  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Not sure if this is the right place, but Im trying anyway.

Ive been using BlazingDragon v1.9b for a while now. Great ROM but I want to try original ROM again for a while.
So I did and I flash my original backup and everything was fine until I was trying to update to the new update LG sent to the phone. The phone downloaded the update, but when it try to restart everyting did go "down the drain" so I had to use NVflash to get the phone back again and now Im back on BlazingDragon.

Why couldent I update the "normal" way in stock ROM? I unrooted the phone before I restored whit stock rom.
28th August 2011, 11:06 PM |#376  
Flag localhost
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidAudio

Not sure if this is the right place, but Im trying anyway.

Ive been using BlazingDragon v1.9b for a while now. Great ROM but I want to try original ROM again for a while.
So I did and I flash my original backup and everything was fine until I was trying to update to the new update LG sent to the phone. The phone downloaded the update, but when it try to restart everyting did go "down the drain" so I had to use NVflash to get the phone back again and now Im back on BlazingDragon.

Why couldent I update the "normal" way in stock ROM? I unrooted the phone before I restored whit stock rom.

Because you probably still had CWM instead of the original recovery. Just smartflash the newest rom instead, much easier (and rules out problems). And if you for some reason don't want that, there is stock recovery somewhere on here or modaco by paul.
29th August 2011, 11:29 AM |#377  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
What is best?

v10d Euro Open or v10e from Hong Kong?

Its possible to have a changelog for this?

Thanks.
29th August 2011, 12:19 PM |#378  
Thanks Meter: 813

More
I only have the changelog from the Europe V10d:

- Improved stability of the software (patches applied to reset terminal block)
- Fixed problems with audio playback on some TV connected with HDMI cable
- Solved the problems of abnormal termination of applications for LG Facebook, - Twitter for LG, LG and widgets for MySpace Music
- Fixed problems on FM radio (slowness in setting up and occasional cases of no audio)
- Fixed display problems in the Car Home
- Applied patch to avoid network even in the presence of absence of signal
- Applied security patches to Google Calendar, Picasa and address book to prevent unauthorized access to confidential information
- Implemented the Google Mobile Suite r10
- Implemented Google Maps version 5.7.0
- Improved update via FOTA
- Improved management of the pinch and zoom into the image gallery
- The alarm sounds even when you close the process forcibly
- Fixed problems with log-in account E-mail service, Yahoo and push activated
- Improved compatibility with Wi-Fi Access Point Belkin
- Fixed connection problems with WPA secured networks Enterprise

I would take the europe V10d, it's very good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flix123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flix123 Ad-Free
29th August 2011, 01:04 PM |#379  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Because you probably still had CWM instead of the original recovery. Just smartflash the newest rom instead, much easier (and rules out problems). And if you for some reason don't want that, there is stock recovery somewhere on here or modaco by paul.

I uninstall CWM whit a file a downloaded from XDA.

The reason I want do get it back to original is that a friend of my want to buy it from me and hi want it as it was from the store when it was new..

The newest ROM? Can I download that form this thread, the files frome page 1?
29th August 2011, 01:24 PM |#380  
Flag localhost
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidAudio

I uninstall CWM whit a file a downloaded from XDA.

The reason I want do get it back to original is that a friend of my want to buy it from me and hi want it as it was from the store when it was new..

The newest ROM? Can I download that form this thread, the files frome page 1?

Yeah, the Euro Open is the ones you want. Version 10D 0725 is newest. At the bottom there is a link on how to use smartflash and download for it. Just do everything it say but also add the bin file to the AP Bin box. (or else you just flash the baseband)

This will reset your device to absolute stock, even recovery I think. Also your internal SD card will be formated.
The Following User Says Thank You to kruppin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kruppin Ad-Free
29th August 2011, 06:27 PM |#381  
Flag Ampang
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Yeah, the Euro Open is the ones you want. Version 10D 0725 is newest. At the bottom there is a link on how to use smartflash and download for it. Just do everything it say but also add the bin file to the AP Bin box. (or else you just flash the baseband)

This will reset your device to absolute stock, even recovery I think. Also your internal SD card will be formated.

Is it going to reset the "factory default firmware" too?

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
optimus2x, optimus2x p990

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)