FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!

971 posts
Thanks Meter: 663

By grankin01, Senior Member on 2nd December 2010, 10:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th August 2011, 09:24 AM |#841  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
E:Can't mount /cach/recovery/......
Hello,
So i followed the steps in the OP and am having the errors in the title when trying to wipe. Not sure what to do ive rooted 2 others and everything went well but not sure where I went wrong or how to fix it. I made a back up and tried restoring but to no luck.
Any help is appreciated

I was able to start the phone by going to advance and restoring the boot and system. But it keeps force closing and rebooting

Edit: Sorry for the poor question it was late i was tired and super lost.
This was my error I got in recovery
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

After much searching I could not find why it went wrong some blamed CW, some, bad flash, others eMMC, I don't know. From what I have read It seems the only reason I fixed my phone was because I did the optional steps for the engineering bootloader in the OP. If you didnt and you receive the above error you're out of luck at least until this point. Personally after going threw all this it would be nice to have its own sticky thread for fix and making the boatload mandatory. I read about others who didn't do it with the same exact issues and couldnt fix there phone.

edit: SOLUTION
Followed this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...recovery%2Flog
Placed PD15IMG in root of sd card, while off pressed vol down + power, and just let it do its thing. I believe you also need the part7backup file on sd card. The phone works stock now as it should although I cant get into hboot ill worry about that later.

28th August 2011, 06:17 PM |#842  
Flag Heber Springs
Thanks Meter: 40

More
What are the errors?
28th August 2011, 07:23 PM |#843  

More
Thankyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil0sophic

What are the errors?

Thank you for your reply it felt like no one would answer lol. But I got it going and posted the solution that worked for me.

EDIT: OK so I want to root the phone again if im not my hboot reads as follows..

Glacier PVT SHIP S-OFF
Hboot-0.86.0000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Sept 27 2010, 11:12:59

Seems like the only thing that changed from plashing the P15IMG is the HBOOT which went back to 0.86.00 can I just redo the optional steps for the bootloader?
30th August 2011, 08:29 AM |#844  
Flag Clovis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuujin

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I haven't had access to the search function in a couple of hours for some reason.

First I'd like to point out that it's possible to run this entire process through adb's shell terminal (command: adb shell) bypassing the need for downloading terminal emulator and making it easier to type in the commands. I verified this myself.

Second, thank you for this! I tried the old method on my new (replacement) MT4G and could -not- get it to flash the eng-bootloader. I think it had something to do with failing to properly set r/w at temp boot but I can't verify it. This process worked flawlessly and I now have S-OFF on the default bootloader. Awesome.

Now for my question: should I flash the eng-bootloader? I know the guide says that it's optional, but I'm trying to decide if I should just keep the standard bootloader or not. There's a comment in the guide that makes me believe the engineering bootloader is less error prone for flashing custom roms?

For reference, I'm intending on flashing demonspeed's MIUI at my earliest convenience.

Sorry for the bump, but can I get some feedback on this? I'm still not certain if it's "Better" to go with the engineering bootloader or the stock.
31st August 2011, 08:59 PM |#845  
Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,765

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry for the bump, but can I get some feedback on this? I'm still not certain if it's "Better" to go with the engineering bootloader or the stock.

Go with engineering boot instead, you can fully modify your phone, with custom splash screens. An having the engineering boot, there less likely of a change of you flashing something that requires eng an possibly messing up the phone.

From my fist to your face, enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Archangel Ad-Free
3rd September 2011, 10:43 AM |#846  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 4

More
What is S=Off? Sorry im new here was getting mt4g on monday..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA Premium App
3rd September 2011, 08:31 PM |#847  
Flag NH
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Highway

Go with engineering boot instead, you can fully modify your phone, with custom splash screens. An having the engineering boot, there less likely of a change of you flashing something that requires eng an possibly messing up the phone.

From my fist to your face, enjoy.

I second Mr. Highway's thoughts...always safer to go with ENG S=OFF

@Mr. Highway - friggin hallarious "my fist to your face, enjoy"
The Following User Says Thank You to pfroyjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pfroyjr Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 01:56 AM |#848  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 451

More
Quote:

Engineering hboot can turn out to be a lifesaver if something goes wrong. It allows you to manually flash recovery and such, even if you can't boot into your rom.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
4th September 2011, 03:30 AM |#849  
Flag NH

Donate to Me
More
Question MyTouch 4G Expert needed....
Ok, so I have posted elswhere with zero response, and now that I am able to post here I would like to present my current issue for brainstorming.

I'm not new to rooting and flashing different things on my phone, but I wanted to do the SIM unlock with gfree. I have gone back to froyo several times to redo the gfree SIM unlock and I do show CID 11111111, however when I insert a AT&T SIM that is active on another phone the MT4G doesn't recognize it.

I've been beating myself up searching Google and forums reading and reading about what the issue might be, but I just can't get my head around it.

Somewhere I read that the only way to unlock a MT4G is with an overlay chip or unlock code...which I would buy if I knew it would work at this point.

Inserting the AT&T SIM doesn't ask for an unlock code (logical if the gfree unlocked it), but if I were to buy a code now I would have no way to input it.

Any and all thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Semper-
5th September 2011, 09:39 PM |#850  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is there another way i can simunlock my mt4G without using adb??
6th September 2011, 02:19 PM |#851  
Flag NH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleFolie

Is there another way i can simunlock my mt4G without using adb??

There are many forums on this...if you don't want to try the Gfree method then get a SIM from another carrier and get an unlock code.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)