All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rockky

Oct 2, 2006
chicago
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yeah I don't get the technology of it all. (My preference is obviously full web site displays as they were designed) .
SO, suffice to say then?, that there is a technology specific to Opera Mini that makes it prohibitive for any developer to modify it such that there'd be a user agent setting...a la Opera Mobile.

mrrick

May 23, 2011
Ormond Beach FL.
Love this browser all day. But why is it almost 30mb? Largest app in my collection.

Edit:Okay, after looking again its a little over 21mb (not sure where I got 30, typical male over exaggeration maybe?). In the market it says it 12+ mb. But after downloading and installing its 21+ mb. Sup with that? I do have a screenshot but the new upgrade to the xda application won't let me upload pics. Talking about opera mobile by the way.

*insert sig here*

Last edited:

hubyx

Jan 20, 2011
The stock the android stock browser works for me...I've installed opera movil in a Nokia C3 and has a better performance and compatibility with javascript. :)

user98

Sep 1, 2011
opera in my experience is a solid mobile browser. though sometimes stock browsers that come with my phone will suffice.

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
in mini it's always on (and you can't deactivate it, don't ask).
in opera mobile 10 & 11 you can enable it in settings.

Reactions: orb3000

Doomofman

Sep 1, 2011
So much information in this thread... I just installed whatever version of Opera was in the market... I guess I fail?

It is possible to disable the default action of Opera Mobile download manager ?

For example :

I have Dolphin mini & Opera mobile (last versions) installed on my LG P500.
If i click a download link from dolphin mini it open my opera mobile download manager, and i don't like this

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
It is possible to disable the default action of Opera Mobile download manager ?

For example :

I have Dolphin mini & Opera mobile (last versions) installed on my LG P500.
If i click a download link from dolphin mini it open my opera mobile download manager, and i don't like this

go to settings - applications - manage applications.
in the list choose opera mini. there's a button for resetting standard-operations. (smth like that - currently running winmo, can't look it up ^^)

next time you start a download, don't set "always use this app" when choosing what to use for download.

Reactions: Linskun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts