[App] Zevele's Blinker v1.9 [22/12/2011]

279 posts
Thanks Meter: 88

By zevele, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th November 2010, 12:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th July 2011, 04:28 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I want to know if there is a way to control every LED backlight on the HTC Touch Diamond I mean every seperate one,like when there is a incoming call only the pick up icon is backlighted etc

16th July 2011, 06:27 PM |#172  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb789

Blinker is working pretty well...

Implementing a configurable minimum duration for the wake-up notification as well as more LEDs shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Rechecking the notification state after the power state changed shouldn't be too hard too.

I don't have too much time these days, so it might take a while...

Z.
The Following User Says Thank You to zevele For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zevele Ad-Free
13th August 2011, 10:01 AM |#173  

Donate to Me
More
Version 1.5
Just released version 1.5 with some of jb789's requests.

Didn't do much testing though... so let me know if there are problems...

Check the first post for more information.

Z.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Blinker1.5.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (103.7 KB, 221 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to zevele For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zevele Ad-Free
14th August 2011, 02:46 AM |#174  
Mmm... desiccant

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevele

Just released version 1.5...

Didn't do much testing though... so let me know if there are problems...

Still tinkering with it, but looking good! The only issue I see so far is that entering custom LEDs through the settings application don't seem to get written to the registry. Custom LEDs do seem to work fine if set directly in the registry, though. This is on my Raph800 CDMA Touch Pro running WM 6.5.3 29020. Also, I did import my old Blinker 1.4 registry settings, but I don't think that could have caused any problems.

Edit: I should clarify that importing the old registry settings apparently just populated the same settings that still exist in the new Blinker version. All new Blinker registry settings were still there & unaffected.
The Following User Says Thank You to jb789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jb789 Ad-Free
15th August 2011, 02:31 PM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Good work on the application!

Regarding the apparent "bug" where the blinking just stops when the device goes to sleep, after much trial and error, I might have found a solution.

Using another application, such as Advanced Configuration Tools for Windows Mobile, I enabled all power saving modes and performed a soft reset as required. So far, now being the 3rd day, the blinking hasn't stopped as it did before.

I own an HTC T3333. Hope this one helps.

Gian
The Following User Says Thank You to gpobernardo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gpobernardo Ad-Free
19th August 2011, 08:55 PM |#176  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb789

The only issue I see so far is that entering custom LEDs through the settings application don't seem to get written to the registry...

Indeed there is an issue with saving these values to the registry... I'll fix it and post a corrected version...

Thanks,

Z.
20th August 2011, 08:33 AM |#177  

Donate to Me
More
Version 1.6
Just released version 1.6 - fixed the issue where the custom LED id's cannot be edited from the settings application.

Check the first post for more information.

Z.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Blinker1.6.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (103.2 KB, 657 views)
22nd August 2011, 06:04 PM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Start on my HTC Touch3G only after unlock
Is a fantastic app, and work fine on my HTC Touch 3G.
I have only a small problem, when I turn on my device start lock and Blinker not start automatically but start when i unlock the device.

Anyone have any idea how I can start blinker automatically with device lock?
Thanks in advance.
4th September 2011, 02:34 PM |#179  

More
Again, nice app, zevele, and thanks for the acknowledgment!

Unfortunately the blinking did stop again after updating to the newer versions.
However, unlike before when the blinking would just stop (randomly) at any time of the day, I noticed that the blinking (at least on my HTC T3333) stops everytime the date changes, i.e., the LED stops blinking at exactly 12:00 midnight. All I have to do is restart the service of the application so that the LED would start blinking again (and it does run uninterruptedly...until the next midnight). I have made observations for the newer (1.5 and 1.6) versions, and they all behave similarly. Perhaps the bug has its roots with the system date or the system time?

The same settings (as I posted before: enabling the power saving modes, the "force unattended mode" and the "use wake up notification") apply during the observations.

I hope this would help in finding the minor "bug" with the application.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to gpobernardo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gpobernardo Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 10:44 PM |#180  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpobernardo

....I noticed that the blinking (at least on my HTC T3333) stops everytime the date changes...

Indeed there was an issue regarding midnight in the wakeup loop. I've modified the code and it should be fixed now... Please let me know if it solves the problem (cab attached). If it's good I'll update the first post.

Thanks,

Z.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Blinker1.7.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (104.2 KB, 1693 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zevele For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zevele Ad-Free
5th September 2011, 11:23 PM |#181  

More
Thanks, zevele.

Right after installing version 1.7, the blinking stopped after around 2 minutes (with the same settings with which the older (1.4, 1.5, & 1.6) versions worked). Performing a soft reset fixed the issue; looks like a soft reset is necessary right after installation.

With regards to the "midnight bug", I made initial tests (thrice) by inducing a change of date by setting the time just a few minutes before 12 and allowing the time pass normally. In all three tests, after passing the fake midnight and observing just a few more minutes or so, the blinking did not stop. However, by doing that, the time on my device is no longer synchronized with the "correct" time. So, just to be sure that the midnight bug's fixed, I would be observing the behavior of the application further, this time while using the "correct" time.

I'll keep you posted....so far, my LED's still blinking.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blink, charging, led, power, signal

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)