Charger getting hot | Controller for quake

Search This thread

Humper.GFX

Dec 26, 2009
Hi guys, I got 2 subject so I thought I'll just make one thread for this.

I'm from EU so I used my US charger with an other plug. Seemed to
work great, doesn't complain like it does with my HTC phone charger.

But now the charger gets pretty hot, along with the USBplug that is in the charger. Should I be worried? I would say its about 50-70celsius.

So I got Quake from preware, but it doesn't work with touch only (even tho there r touch controls?) so Im wondering if its possible to get it working with this:
http://icontrolpad.com/

That would be nice with the snes emulator also so I might buy it, its very expensive tho but I like the oldschool'ness of it.

Humper.GFX

Dec 26, 2009
Pretty much any micro-USB charge will charge the Touchpad, it is just some will be quicker than others. I am charging from the USB port on my laptop at the moment and it has upped the charge by 8% in the last hour or so with the screen off.

Yeah but the normal one gives about 30% on that time. But as I said, it should work, no problem. I don't think its uncommon for it to get hot but I'm not sure tho

My official charger gets quite warm, together with the USB plug. Clearly that is the only device that will charge at full speed and without a warning on the screen. However, as I was trying to point out, you don't have to go down the official charger route if you are prepared to either accept the on-screen warning or a slower charge rate. The Blackberry Playbook charger gives 5V 2A and although it comes up with the on-screen warning charges almost as quickly as the official unit.