[KERNEL][CM7/MIUI][03/01/12] Glitch V13.1 - OC/UV - Voodoo - Glitchy Speed Fascinate

Soft keys: on all the time with screen, or a time out?

• On all the time

Votes: 91 27.0%
  • Time out

Votes: 246 73.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
glitcholdlogo11.png

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CyanogenMod and MIUI roms !

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
herehttp://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=glitchkernel ! No registration needed :)
Make sure the channel is "#glitchkernel" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
here is the server : irc.freenode.net
port : 6667
Channel : #glitchkernel

Overview :
- Up to 1.7GHz CPU OC with added bus/GPU OC (Thanks to morfic for the great base of work)
- Undervolting (using third party apps)
- Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color (Thanks Supercurio & renaudallard)
- FPS uncap (Screen running 68Hz instead of 60Hz, from 56 to 66 FPS max) from JPX source
- Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
- LED notifications using Neldar's BLN
CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST
The frequency/voltage & informative UV settings table is as follow for V13 kernel :

Note that these UV settings will be unstable on many devices. It's only informative.

1700 MHz - GPU@ 243 MHz - 1.500v / -> Most phones will fail here. -25 to -50mV may help to stabilize. Much stabler as unique frequency for benchmarks.
1600 MHz - GPU@ 229 MHz - 1.500V / -> That's high and many devices will fail on this frequency. Find working UV for you if any.
1500 MHz - GPU@ 250 MHz - 1.500V / -25mV
1440 MHz - GPU@ 240 MHz - 1.475V / -50mV
1400 MHz - GPU@ 233 MHz - 1.450V / -50mV
1300 MHz - GPU@ 217 MHz - 1.400V / -50mV
1200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.350V / -50mV
1000 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.250V / -50mV - If you have stability issues, try to let this one by default.
800 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.200V / -75mV
400 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.050V / -100mV
200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 0.950V / -150mV
100 MHz - GPU@ 100 MHz - 0.950V / -200mV - (can be very different between two devices)

GPU frequency is linked to bus speed

More volts is not always equal to more stability. Try to add more UV (less volts) if the frequency you're trying to achieve is unstable.
Considering all phones will respond differently to OC/UV, to tweak the values to suit your device will be required.

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied. You'll need to use one of the tools below to adjust the frequencies and voltages.

-Pimp My CPU (recommended if you're using MIUI) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018411

-Voltage Control : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829731

-SetCPU : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Downloads

Glitch kernel (CWM flashable only)
Glitch Kernel Updater app now available on the Android market to support us !
i9000 :

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

Captivate:

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

Vibrant:

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

Fascinate:

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

Telus Fascinate:

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

-------------------------
Source :
- Glitch repo : https://github.com/organizations/Glitchkernel

Who is the Glitch team ?
- Kernel developement : ssewk2x & Tk-Glitch.
- Public relations / web hosting : Sixstringsg.
- App developement : Smasher816.
- Beta testers team, with members coming and leaving :D

Credits :
Codeworkx, Pawitp, Atinm, GuiPerPT, Unhelpful, Coolya, Morfic, Ezekeel, Zacharias.maladroit, Bilboa1, TheEscapist, Netarchy, Supercurio, lippol94, MAMBO04, Galnet, nitr8, Rahulrulez, Chadouming, renaudallard, existz, times_infinity, bearsfan85

Thanks to the donators and everyone bying the Glitch Kernel Updater app from the market, it's much appreciated and encourages us to continue our work !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​

Last edited:

sixstringsg

Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Changelog

Changelogs :

V13 - LATEST

03/01/2012 - V13.1

- Cleanup.
- Fixed buttons freezing randomly.
- Fixed media buttons / headset buttons.
- Lots of GPIO fixes which eliminate phantom keypops.
- Added updated sysfs interface for smartass governor.
- Updated screenstate scaling script to use non-deprecated sysfs
interface for smartass2 and other govs.
- Back to CM7 LED Notifications.
- Lots of changes to cypress touchkey driver to guard against phantom
keypops and speed things up.
- Removed CarrierIQ-related virtual serial device. It probably wasn't
used, but now we know for sure.
- Changes to dpram (modem kernel interface) to make the radio a
little more stable.
- slightly more helpful gamma table error message.
- Moved call audio sysfs files from voodoo sound group to their own.
- Integrated 90call_vol into the kernel zip file so people don't
have to mess with it on their own.
- Now possible to choose any governor as sleep governor in the recovery.
- Vandalized bootlogo a bit.

20/11/2011 - V13

- Upstream synced to the latest at release time
- New CFLAGS again
- mfpu switched from neon to vfpv3
- BLN now working correctly, with LED timeout (thanks to Zacharias.maladroit)
- Back to hard float
- Updated toolchain to 4.5-2011.10
- Modified screen colors to look better (ugly gradient fixed, yellowish tint fixed). Don't use Voodoo Color punchy settings with this though (green screen likely to be back)
- Better reactivity under load
- 348MB RAM available
- Better 720p video recording (less buggy)
- Doubled SDCard read cache - Slight speed-up on SDcard read speed
- USB power drain fix
- Better memory management
- Back to 3.0V for the screen - 2.6V said not to give more battery life because of the added amperage
- Bugfixes
- Added Cgroup timer slack to group tasks by timer slack value
- Switched to Tree preempt RCU and added RCU boost
- New rethemed/recolored recovery menu and bootlogo, thanks to Fate-Silver for the blood :D
- Fixed "GLITCH" menu in recovery not showing for i9000 and Telus Fascinate
- Better handling of the CPU frequency table, + fixes
- Fascinate related fixes and updates from JT1134
- Added Lazy and SmartassV2 governors
- Fixes for SDCard handling
- All leakage settings are now available from a single kernel. Use the GLITCH menu in recovery (recommended way to switch the values)
- Added support of JT's 3-button recovery hack (credit to JT1134)

V12

13/07/2011 -> 29/09/2011 - V12 BETA #3

- BackLightNotifications (BLN) port, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit must use the BLN app. If it doesn't work, try Blinky. Still not fully working though.
- Some cleaning and added tiny fixes
- Fascinate : Now using Yamaha compass driver from ED01
- *Temporary* fix for green flashes/colors on low brightness (reborn/still not fixed in V11 - not yet proper though)
- Modified color multiplier to avoid yellowish tint by default
- Enhanced cleaning script when flashing
- Screen undervolt (from 3.0V to 2.6V) // it should help battery life
- Lowering kernel debugger buffer
- More work on leakage values
- Adding some old-school (V9D) CFLAGS resulting in substantial performance and stability gains
- 800MHz random lock fixed - not fully fixed it seems
- Popping keyboard bug fixed
- Make use of NEON accelerated mfpu
- Slightly more aggressive ondemand governor default settings // searching the best balance for efficiency
- Added a few speed enhancements
- In-call receive audio is much louder across the board. You can now hear your significant other yelling at you if you're in a noisy area. Sorry, guys
- In-call mic gain should see some improvement as well. Meaning your wife can now hear you apologizing better
-- caveat: I've heard conflicting reports about this while using bluetooth. I'm investigating that, so stay tuned.
- Overhauled the screen state scaling feature.
-- governor setting now stays put
-- users can now enable/disable the feature and configure it via the custom recovery listed below
- New recovery. Screenstate scaling is controllable via recovery, and it's themed now.
-Audio output and input controllable via script linked in OP
-Call volume tweaks re-written to be more clean/effecient.
-Screenstate bug fixed, doesn't cause lag anymore.
-Upstream synced (this means you must be on the latest nightly for your device for this to work)
-New drivers

V11

13/07/2011 - V11

- Upstream synced as always (updated recovery...)
- More debug stuff disabled & cleanups/fixes on various things
- Printk disabled to reduce overhead
- Updated to linux kernel 2.6.35.13
- OC implementation fixes and modifications (fixing overvolt in Voltage Control Xtreme as well as some other tiny things)
- Added experimental GPU OC implementation from TheExcapist (for future use / not yet functional)
- 1.7GHz step added - working on some pretty good phones
- Modified touchkey/Led notifications settings from Zacharias.maladroit
- Added SLQB
- Added SIO and BFQ schedulers
- Back to LZO compression for faster boot time
- New voltage settings for more stability
- Trying some new speed tweaks
- 340MB of RAM available for user without breaking 720p recording
- Preemptible Tiny RCU
- Automated per tty task groups patch
- Added InteractiveX governor
- Two new branches for OC settings adapted to high and low leakage chips
- Toolchain sorcery, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit (RIL is compiled using 4.4.3 toolchain, and everything else is compiled using 4.5.2 toolchain -> more speed and stability)
- Enhanced Voodoo Color settings from renaudallard
- Voodoo Sound V10
- Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
- Logcat on/off scripts (built as module)
- Bluetooth HID support
- New, cleaner bootlogo
- Now cleaning old scripts, OC values, cache and dalvik cache on kernel installation - thanks to lippol94
- Green tint on low brightness fixed
- Switched to ondemand governor
V10
27/05/2011 - V10A Do not use with CM7 builds older than 23/05 (as well as the 28/05 or newer build) or MIUI -> you'll get no service !

- Now fully compatible with latest CM7 Nightly builds
- Back to 2010.09 toolchain -> slower & less stable but needed to make a working kernel for latest builds
- Upstream sync (bigger radio partition, headset stuff..)
- Int voltage changes to get some stability back on all overclocked frequencies
- A bit faster 1.5 and 1.6GHz steps - Could make these steps unstable for some, please try and report
- Smartass governor tweaked for faster scaling up, and slower scaling down -> better stability and speed
- OC code bugs and inconsistencies introduced in V7B now fixed (it was here to prevent sleep of death issue, now fixed)
- Some fixes and enhancement for compatibility with Xan's Voltage Control app
- Various tweaks for MOAR SPEED
- Black magic

Known issues :
- The reboot recovery command seems broken for some reason on recent builds. Probably rom related.
- Some users still get freeze issue on boot. If you have this issue, please use the "no-optimization" kernel for you device from this post : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14180722&postcount=2077

03/06/2011 - V10B To use with newest builds only (equal or newer than 28/05) !

- Upstream sync (FM radio, new Voodoo Sound implementation, etc...)
- Back to 4.4.3 toolchain - needed for new RIL
- Big cleanup - rewrite from scratch
- Many fixes
- New tweaks for speed on 4.4.3 toolchain
- New tweaks for stability on 4.4.3 toolchain
- Black magic

17/06/2011 - V10C (Updated) To use with newest builds, #28+ for i9000 or equivalent

- Upstream sync (cpuidle, updated drivers (wifi etc.), Recovery 4.0.0.x, etc...) (updated as of today 17/06)
- More debug stuff disabled
- Dock audio support (experimental)
- Added DIDLE (Deep Idle) support (removed, buggy)
- New voltage tweaks for added stability on some devices
V9
16/05/2011 - V9A

- Merged with the now dead V8C update because of new added features :)
- Upstream sync : Calculate battery percentage as percent of max capacity reported when battery full, new wifi driver, etc.
- New PMEM settings for more available RAM (now 331MB)
- 1.54GHz step added with some gentle settings for now.
- New step by step frequency switch when scaling down (part of the Galaxy S II port from Bilboa1) - more stability on highest frequencies
- Corrections and further tweaking on smartass governor + some fixes from Netarchy (Nexus S). 400MHz lock when screen is on removed (not needed anymore -> more power saving)
- Higher cache for faster SDcard read speed
- New sleep settings : Effective lock to 400MHz max when screen is off -> fix long wake up/hiccups when playing music or similar use. Be careful with your UV settings on 200 and 400MHz steps to avoid sleep of death problems ! These were not used on previous versions of my kernel (locked to 100 MHz when screen off and locked to 400MHz when screen on with a buggy gap in smartass governor forcing generally 600+ MHz)
- 600 MHz step removed (it was generating instabilities on some phones when jumping to 800 or down to 400 when using UV)
- Some voltage tweaks for added stability on some devices (as always)
- Cleanups on unused/no more needed stuff
- Little surprise, thanks to Morfic :)

- Updated to V9A² to fix SOD and some performance issues

21/05/2011 - V9B

- Upstream sync (CWM recovery 3.1.0.1, better screen colors (kills voodoo color for now and looks awful on my 0516 build, but should be good on latest), GPIO fixes, samsung modemctl...) + small changes on my side for official CyanogenMod repository compatibility :)
- Voodoo Sound updated to V9 / cleaned voodoo color stuff until it works again
- New cleaner bootlogo based on the one in first post, preferred by most users
- Some additional compilation flags from Netarchy and Zacharias.maladroit (better overall performances + NEON)
- Screen refresh frequency bumped to 72Hz (68Hz effective). It'll uncap FPS to 66 again but seems stabler than before on framerate (the divide/2 behavior happens less)
- Added screenstate scaling script from well.heeled.man as a test (with my kernel's smartass default settings). It should give better sleep power consumption as well as better power efficiency on screen off tasks like music playing etc. by switching to conservative governor.
If you want more information, discuss on this or contribute to enhance it, please come here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1087646
- Adding some stuff from Zacharias.madadroit :
- Higher battery charging temperature
- Scheduler tweaks​

Alternative version now available (V9B-VC) using old AMOLED panel color/gamma settings and with Voodoo Color V2 added back.

24/05/2011 - V9C TO USE WITH CM7 Nightly build #12 OR HIGHER ONLY

(Updated to fix "no service" issue, but still sucks.. unstable on #12 build, very stable on others but no service)

- Upstream sync (PMEM disabled (gives 339MB RAM now), new RIL, headset fixes...)
- Divider changes for MUCH better stability on 1.2GHz at the cost of a slight decrease on performances
- New branch with Voodoo Color display driver and "old" color settings named "VC"
- Fix for Vibrant no service problem - hopefully
- Small changes on smartass governor for better scalability (reverts some old settings not needed anymore with the screenstate script)
- Glitch logo now in update script too for nanu_x2 to be amazed when installing my kernel :D

24/05/2011 - V9D TO USE WITH CM7 Nightly build #11 OR LOWER (for i9000, or cappy/vibrant equivalent) AND MIUI ONLY

First "D" revision.. Sound like duty. It's basically a fix of a fix done to make the V9C features available for "stable builds" (considering the i9000 #12 isn't)

- Obviously all the V9C changelog
- Using old RIL to be compatible with builds before #12 for I9000 (--> WON'T WORK with #12 for i9000 or equivalent !)
- Replaced 1.54GHz step by 1.6GHz (1.54GHz step was somewhat useless, too close to 1.5Ghz, and slower overall because of the lower bus speed)

- I can't build Vibrant ATM, the CM7 build system is broken on this device or I'm doing something wrong but I wasn't able to fix it. Any help is appreciated. I'm sorry for Vibrant users I'm screwed.
V8

07/05/2011 - V8A - To use with 05062011 or newer CM7 build (useable on MIUI RC8 but you'll lose camera - MIUI needs an update)

- Upstream sync (camera fixes etc.)
- More stability fixes
- Cleanups on OC code (found that 1.2 and 1.3GHz were very unstable compared to earlier releases)
- More work on Vibrant/Captivate. The kernels are now available to download but are untested - for now. Feel free to try and report any problem or if all runs well. If I have enough positive reviews, these kernels will be released in their respective device sections.

11/05/2011 - V8B

Upstream sync only :
- USB switch suspend
- TV out stuff
- Fascinate specifics
- Revert "Got back to previous samsung_modemctl" for 05112011 CM7 build

V7
02/05/2011 - V7A - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Resurrect Voodoo Color killed by 2.3.4 merge.
- New step for 1.5GHz on top of 1.44GHz (now 9 steps total versus 8 before)
- Forcing 400MHz max when sleeping for added battery life (default = 800). Couldn't detect any side effect.
- New tweaked Smartass governor now default (800MHz min when screen on). Please report your experience ;)
- It seems the smartass governor is not working by default, it will revert to performance >< Please force it to get it to work -> Ok found the problem, I'll update in a min

- Now updated to V7A-2 to fix the governor bug :)

03/05/2011 - V7B - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Resurrect Voodoo Color killed by 2.3.4 merge - Again - fully working now
- Fixed sleep of death issue when unplugged
- Switched to LZO compression for better overall speed and reduced boot time
- Tweaked smartass governor more for - hopefully - better battery life and a bit more responsivity
- New voltage and frequency table rewrite as a bonus with now 11 frequencies total
- Stability fixes on 1.5GHz step -> please test and report :)
- Reverted FPS uncap - at least for now - for two main reasons : more stability on high GPU freqs (1.4GHz and more), and to prevent FPS limit at max/2 (33 when unlocked to 66), limiting overall performances in heavy scenes. I think there's a lack of buffering somewhere.. It will give higher scores on some benchmarks, and lower on others. A better battery life can indeed be expected too.
- Upstream sync

05/05/2011 - V7C - To use with 05032011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Upstream sync (better battery life, reboot recovery, etc.)
- A general stability fix missing from V7 branch added back
- Tiny tweaks on the voltage table
- Big bugfix on the V7 branch (redone from scratch, cleaner)
- Switched to 2011.03 toolchain
- Added some optimization flags, "-mfloat-abi=hard" being one of them (up to 40% performance gains in specific cases)
- Small improvements here and there​
V6
WIP
22/04/2011 - V6pre - preview/work in progress of upcoming V6A update *test* :

- Reverted PMEM settings to new CM7 default (317MB - same as V5A)
- Reverted some stability fixes that weren't that stable on some devices, or even prevented some to boot
- New voltage table for a more linear increase, improving stability at default settings
- Switched to Deadline scheduler by default as it appears more stable
- Back to 2010.09 toolchain for speed and efficiency
- Synchronized with last update from SGS CM7 team

Better to use CM7 04212011 update with this kernel and newer.

22/04/2011 - V6pre - update 1 :

- Battery polling bumped to 15 sec (was 1 before), it should help battery to an extent (thanks to Zach for the idea)
- Some internal voltage tweaking to hopefully be more UV friendly
- Bumped USER_HZ for more smoothness
- Another -rare- bootloop fix

22/04/2011 - V6pre - update 2 :

- Added some tweaks from V5A for testing
- Resolved a bug generating fake voltage reading
- Resolved a bug on 400MHz step generating instabilities
- Slight changes to the voltage table
- Fixed a typo
- Trying some toolchain switch - again-

23/04/2011 - V6pre - update 3 :

- Corrected Led Notifications - Now it should work properly again !
- Various bugfixes and typo corrections
- Toolchain change once again
- Added new Interactive governor with aggressive settings for even more speed. You need to change it by app (pimp my cpu/cyanogen settings), it's still on conservative by default.
(thanks Zach for your suggestion:))

25/04/2011 - V6pre - update 4

- Cleanups on Led notifications to resolve a bug (buttons stopped working randomly for some users)
- More typo corrections
- Voodoo Sound V8
- Various bugfixes on CPU load and schedulers
- CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE disabled for speed
- Lower latency on GPU states switch for stabler performances
- Added a stability fix for voltage change latency when frequency is changing. It should give more stability with high undervolt or big voltage differences between two steps - Please test and report ! (Thanks Zach for pointing that to me)
- Two versions for testing purposes : V6pre-u4 is compiled using GCC 4.5.1 toolchain, and V6pre-u4(alt) is compiled using GCC 4.4.3 one. If you get instabilities on the first one, try the other and vice versa. Please report your findings on that because it was the first stability differences source between my kernel revisions. For information, V6pre-u2 was compiled with 4.4.3, and u3 with 4.5.1.

27/04/2011 - V6pre - update 5 >> 6

- Name changed from "TkGlitch" to "Glitch"
- Cleanups on buttons (Kangsterizer)
- Lower latency on GPU states switch for stabler performances in 3D and/or at high GPU frequency - corrected, thanks to Kangsterizer
- Added a stability fix when frequency changes for cpufreq governors
- Tweaked Interactive and Conservative governors for testing
- New Frequency table : 1.5GHz is now the max selectable frequency, and 800MHz and 400MHz steps are now replaced by a unique 600MHz one.
- Changed initramfs source to remove the annoying "E:no misc partition" error in the recovery :p

- Now bumped to update 6 to fix an issue with the conservative governor.

27/04/2011 - V6pre - update 7

- New Frequency table : 1.44GHz removed, 800 and 400MHz steps are back.
- Battery polling bumped from 15 to 30 seconds
- GPU power latency bumped from 10 to 60 ms

28/04/2011 - V6A - To use with 04282011 or newer CM7 build only

- New sensors drivers added
- Normalized 1.5GHz bus speed (GPU will now run @ 250MHz versus 247MHz before. It can affect your stability !)
- Int voltage lowered for 1.5GHz step because it did have a bad effect on lower frequencies stability
- GPU power latency back to default - but fixed (100ms)

29/04/2011 - V6B - To use with 04282011 or newer CM7 build only

- New initramfs source to fix compass and update CWM recovery
- 1.5GHz replaced by 1.48GHz for stability
- New voltage table as requested by many users (+25mv on 1200 to 1400MHz steps)
- New interactive governor for better scaling and battery life :)
- New tweaked smartass governor for testing (pretty bad on CPU benchmarks for some reason, please test how it feels in real world use)
- New ondemand governor from Zacharias.maladroit sources for testing :)

02/05/2011 - V6C - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build only

- Small update to merge with 2.3.4 source, no new feature.

02/05/2011 - V6C² - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build only

- Update to repair Voodoo Sound conflicts from 2.3.4 merge.
- Back to 1.44GHz max to prepare 1.5GHz return

V5
19/04/2011 - V5A - Initial release
21/04/2011 - V5B :

- GPU overclock on 1.3 GHz added (217MHz / +8.5% from default)
- New PMEM settings for more available RAM compared to V5A (now 328MB)
- Stability fixes for all frequencies, needing globally less volts. Results may vary depending on the device
- Switched to Conservative governor by default (still switchable by app). It can feel less responsive coming from idle but more battery saving, and plays better with high frequencies.
- New voltage table. Default settings should be stabler for most devices.
- Switched to 4.4.3 toolchain for added stability on some sensitive devices

Captivate and Vibrant support will come later. It will need more time than expected.
21/04/2011 - V5C : Small update to fix a bootloop issue on some devices.

Last edited:

sixstringsg

Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
F.A.Q.
Because I got tired of answering these same things 100's of times.

1) Where can I find the latest beta?
They are always in the OP. They are also in my signature, and the root of the FTP.

2) Where is the root of the FTP you ask?
Good question! It’s in the OP as well.

3) How do I install this? / I'm having problems installing
Reboot into recovery
Install zip from SDcard
Choose zip from SDcard
Navigate to the zip you downloaded.

4)What is Leakage (LL,ML,HL) and what one should i use?
Easy explanation: start with HL. If it allows you to OC how much you want,
stay there. If not, move down until you get what you want.
For people who want more: Well, we made different leakages because koflem couldn’t OC, and he felt left out,
so he started compiling on his own, which gave Tk-Glitch the idea to make three different versions.
They have to do with the differences in different phones. Take for example different phones run better
with different OC/UV. The leakages are the same way. They adjust the int voltages, which is something
not configureable (yet) in userspace, so we have to configure them that way when we build. That way both
the voltages that you are used to (the ones controllable via voltage control) are tailored to your device,
as is the int voltages (the ones only we can do). Most people have no idea, but there are dozens of
variables that we play with to make so that all of you can OC and UV as much as possible with as much
stability as possible. Some aren't device specific, some are. We are trying to make the best experience
possible for a wide range in chip quality, therefore we make different leakages, as well as making the kernel
configurable via voltage control. From a stability/performance standpoint, and by extension standpoint,
there is only one leakage right for your device. Different leakages aren't better in some ways for you
and worse in others, there is only one good one for your device. Sorry if that didn't make sense, I tried
to make it as informative as possible without it being overwhelming.

5) Does this work with Gingerbread bootloaders?
Yes

6) What ROM does this kernel work on?
For sure: CM7. Other CM7 based ROM’s may work, but I can’t offer you much support. If it works on CM7,
that’s my goal. This WILL NOT work on Samsung based ROM’s, and I won’t port it. If you still don’t know
what ROM this will work on, then you should read a lot more.

7) How do I enable BLN?
Download either BLN here:
https://market.android.com/details?id=neldar.bln.control.free&feature=search_result
Or Blinky here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kin.blinky&feature=search_result

8) How do I overclock?
Xan’s Voltage Control App here:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.darekxan.voltagecontrol&feature=search_result .
READ THIS GUIDE FIRST: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1036020
If you break something while Overclocking, I won’t provide much support. Overclocking is awesome, but very
variable across devices. We try and make a stable experience for everyone, but it is not guaranteed. If
it breaks, I didn’t do it. If it makes your phone fly, I did it.

9) Can I be a beta tester?
Probably not. Unless you do something to make me like you a lot (cough strictlyrude27 cough), then you can’t
have betas. The reason being they are unstable usually, and I already have a big enough team that I can get
the information I need.

10) Why does my screen look ugly? / How do I change the screen color?
Go grab voodoo control from the market here:
https://market.android.com/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.controlapp&feature=search_result ,
then play with the sliders until you like what you
see. If you get really stumped, here are some values that people tend to like. They are from
zacharais.maladroit.
Screen RGB multipliers:
- Red: 321*
- Green: 321*
- Blue: 429*

Screen v1 gamma hack:
- use Alt. settings
- or if you prefer others - use: "Reset to 2.3.3 defaults", "Punchy settings" (punchy could lead to a great
screen while locking the screen and having "screen off" animation disabled)

1)Color Profiles: Voodoo Profile V1
2) Screen v1 gamma hack :
- 50 red
- 53 green
- 44 blue

3) RGB multipliers:
Red ="2300875360"
Green ="2300875360"
Blue ="2709919680"

11) The backlights on my soft keys stay on all the time. Why is that?
Honestly, because I haven’t spent the time to “fix” it. They aren’t that bright, so people can stand it for
a little while. I didn’t intentionally make it that way, it happened when we switched back to BLN instead of
LED notifications. We made that switch because I like Blinky, and I get to pick until Tk-Glitch is back, or I
am convinced otherwise.

12) I’m getting bootloops, why?
Well, the most common issue is that you have mismatched ROM’s and kernel’s. You need the latest ROM for your
device, and the V12B3 kernel for your device. For where to find that, see above. The next is various scripts
and “fixes” that you flash after/before the kernel. Reflash the nightly for your ROM, then the kernel. Let it
boot. If it works and didn’t with the various other zips you may use, then don’t use those zips.

13) WHEN IS THE NEW VERSION OUT?
First Rule of Cyanogenmod... I'm allergic to ETAs so I try to stay away from them if at all possible.
Causes all kinds of nasty problems they do....

14) How do I use the 90_callvolume script?
neh4pres wrote these instructions, if clarification is needed just ask.
There are many ways to apply this patch. But for these instructions i will be using root explorer because it
has all the utilities needed.
After downloading, use root explorer to extract 90call_vol from the .zip. this will place 90call_vol in the
extracted folder of your sd card. Long press and copy that file and paste it in the /etc/init.d folder. Once
it pastes long press the file and open with text editor.
In call boost.. only change the final number in the line you want to adjust and keep that number between 0 and 3
INCALL_BOOST_EARPIECE=2
INCALL_BOOST_BLUETOOTH=2
INCALL_BOOST_SPEAKER=2
INCALL_BOOST_HEADPHONE=2
Mic gain only change the final number in the line you want to adjust and keep that number between 0-31
MIC_GAIN_EARPIECE=19
MIC_GAIN_SPEAKER=31
MIC_GAIN_HEADPHONE=29
MIC_GAIN_HEADPHONE_NO_MIC=18
Save changes when exiting and the editor will append the original file with a .BAK .
You can use 90call_vol.bak to revert back one save. If you change multiple times and want to go to stock you
can use the 90call_vol in /sdcard/extracted.

15) Is the GPU overclocked?
Yes. Can you control it? No. That code hasn't ever worked, and we don't really expect it to. The GPU is so overclocked at 1.5 Ghz that if it went any higher the memory would get corrupted and really bad things happen.

Last edited:

djk21108

Oct 14, 2010
I have a question relating to voltage control. I am able to set and apply changes to my voltage settings in both the general and advanced tab. I can apply, save profile, and save boot settings for these parameters.

However when I close voltage control and open it up again, the settings don't seem to be enabled. I can load the profile and apply it to both tabs again, but I just don't know if it's sticking.

Anyone have this situation?

sixstringsg

Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have a question relating to voltage control. I am able to set and apply changes to my voltage settings in both the general and advanced tab. I can apply, save profile, and save boot settings for these parameters.

However when I close voltage control and open it up again, the settings don't seem to be enabled. I can load the profile and apply it to both tabs again, but I just don't know if it's sticking.

Anyone have this situation?

After applying settings, they won't show up properly the next time you open it. Exit out and open it again, you should be good then.

Reactions: shag_on_e

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I am experiencing some kernel-related random reboots, with v12.

This is with a fresh ROM install v34 and glitch v12, the phone will freeze for 10 seconds (about) then go back to SAMSUNG and effectively reboot.

It virtually always comes back up just fine. I'd say this happens between 5 and 20 times per day (depending how much I use it).

It seems to do it regardless of: governor, scheduler, overclocking (just staying at 1000mhz, same results), undervolting (HL or LL kernel, same success rate), or apps installed (beyond the apps that come with CM7).

The only thing I can do to stop the rebooting is NOT flash the Glitch kernel at all. I can test v11 or other kernels, but any kernel that leaves call volume super low is almost useless to me (which is why I wasn't using cm7 before) as I need the phone for work.

Logcat-on doesn't seem to give me a very good diagnostic of what's happening, but I'm working on getting better information. When it happens with ddms open, I seem to just get a cutoff of data, and the phone disappears from the list (then reappears when it reboots).

As soon as I figure out a specific trigger, I'll edit this post and post it. But it seems 'random' (could be scrolling a widget, could be opening an email, could be in google maps, could be opening the app drawer, could be opening the Dialer).

Thank you for all of your work. Without you, this community doesn't exist. Thank God for developers selflessly dedicating themselves. I love my Fascinate (instead of hating it) as a result.

sixstringsg

Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX

This is with a fresh ROM install v34 and glitch v12, the phone will freeze for 10 seconds (about) then go back to SAMSUNG and effectively reboot.

It virtually always comes back up just fine. I'd say this happens between 5 and 20 times per day (depending how much I use it).

It seems to do it regardless of: governor, scheduler, overclocking (just staying at 1000mhz, same results), undervolting (HL or LL kernel, same success rate), or apps installed (beyond the apps that come with CM7).

The only thing I can do to stop the rebooting is NOT flash the Glitch kernel at all. I can test v11 or other kernels, but any kernel that leaves call volume super low is almost useless to me (which is why I wasn't using cm7 before) as I need the phone for work.

Logcat-on doesn't seem to give me a very good diagnostic of what's happening, but I'm working on getting better information. When it happens with ddms open, I seem to just get a cutoff of data, and the phone disappears from the list (then reappears when it reboots).

As soon as I figure out a specific trigger, I'll edit this post and post it. But it seems 'random' (could be scrolling a widget, could be opening an email, could be in google maps, could be opening the app drawer, could be opening the Dialer).

Thank you for all of your work. Without you, this community doesn't exist. Thank God for developers selflessly dedicating themselves. I love my Fascinate (instead of hating it) as a result.

I have no idea, ill look into it.

*Luke*

Nov 21, 2010

I had this issue a couple times after flashing ROMs to my Droid 2. Generally what worked for me was formatting the SDcard. I'm not sure if this would be a viable solution with the fascinate, but I suppose if no other solution is found, it may be worthwhile to try. I seem to remember hearing that restoring apps and data from titanium backup can occasionally cause the random reboot issue as well. If that could potentially be the case, maybe try a fresh install restoring apps from the market instead of with TiBu to see if it clears up?

Sent from my I500 using XDA App

Zacking

Sep 15, 2010
Just flashed v12, running omfgb 8/25. Running fast and smooth, I was on v11.1. This is the best rom/kernel combo i've used! Thanks devs for all your work and support. I will report after a couple days.

Sent from my omfgb/glitch fascinate using XDA Premium App

sixstringsg

Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I had this issue a couple times after flashing ROMs to my Droid 2. Generally what worked for me was formatting the SDcard. I'm not sure if this would be a viable solution with the fascinate, but I suppose if no other solution is found, it may be worthwhile to try. I seem to remember hearing that restoring apps and data from titanium backup can occasionally cause the random reboot issue as well. If that could potentially be the case, maybe try a fresh install restoring apps from the market instead of with TiBu to see if it clears up?

Sent from my I500 using XDA App

Yeah, a factory reset should work.

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Any plans to incorporate anything from the eh09 sourced drop?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
I apologize if this isn't kernel related but any ideas why android system is holding a wake lock? Obviously this is causing a lot of unnecessary battery drain as well.

sixstringsg

Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I apologize if this isn't kernel related but any ideas why android system is holding a wake lock? Obviously this is causing a lot of unnecessary battery drain as well.

I bunch of good people have been working on it, and nobody has come up with a solution. If you reboot when you start to notice it happening, that usually helps. It's a issue with Samsung phones across the board.

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
I bunch of good people have been working on it, and nobody has come up with a solution. If you reboot when you start to notice it happening, that usually helps. It's a issue with Samsung phones across the board.

Ok thanks. Unfortunately this is happening daily so it seems I'll be rebooting pretty frequently if that's the case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    glitcholdlogo11.png

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
    Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CyanogenMod and MIUI roms !

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
    herehttp://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=glitchkernel ! No registration needed :)
    Make sure the channel is "#glitchkernel" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
    here is the server : irc.freenode.net
    port : 6667
    Channel : #glitchkernel

Overview :
    - Up to 1.7GHz CPU OC with added bus/GPU OC (Thanks to morfic for the great base of work)
    - Undervolting (using third party apps)
    - Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color (Thanks Supercurio & renaudallard)
    - FPS uncap (Screen running 68Hz instead of 60Hz, from 56 to 66 FPS max) from JPX source
    - Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
    - LED notifications using Neldar's BLN
    CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST
    The frequency/voltage & informative UV settings table is as follow for V13 kernel :

Note that these UV settings will be unstable on many devices. It's only informative.

1700 MHz - GPU@ 243 MHz - 1.500v / -> Most phones will fail here. -25 to -50mV may help to stabilize. Much stabler as unique frequency for benchmarks.
    1600 MHz - GPU@ 229 MHz - 1.500V / -> That's high and many devices will fail on this frequency. Find working UV for you if any.
    1500 MHz - GPU@ 250 MHz - 1.500V / -25mV
    1440 MHz - GPU@ 240 MHz - 1.475V / -50mV
    1400 MHz - GPU@ 233 MHz - 1.450V / -50mV
    1300 MHz - GPU@ 217 MHz - 1.400V / -50mV
    1200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.350V / -50mV
    1000 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.250V / -50mV - If you have stability issues, try to let this one by default.
    800 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.200V / -75mV
    400 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.050V / -100mV
    200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 0.950V / -150mV
    100 MHz - GPU@ 100 MHz - 0.950V / -200mV - (can be very different between two devices)

GPU frequency is linked to bus speed

More volts is not always equal to more stability. Try to add more UV (less volts) if the frequency you're trying to achieve is unstable.
    Considering all phones will respond differently to OC/UV, to tweak the values to suit your device will be required.

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied. You'll need to use one of the tools below to adjust the frequencies and voltages.

-Pimp My CPU (recommended if you're using MIUI) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018411

-Voltage Control : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829731

-SetCPU : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Downloads

Glitch kernel (CWM flashable only)
    Glitch Kernel Updater app now available on the Android market to support us !
    i9000 :

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

Captivate:

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

Vibrant:

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

Fascinate:

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

Telus Fascinate:

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1

-------------------------
    Source :
    - Glitch repo : https://github.com/organizations/Glitchkernel

Who is the Glitch team ?
    - Kernel developement : ssewk2x & Tk-Glitch.
    - Public relations / web hosting : Sixstringsg.
    - App developement : Smasher816.
    - Beta testers team, with members coming and leaving :D

Credits :
    Codeworkx, Pawitp, Atinm, GuiPerPT, Unhelpful, Coolya, Morfic, Ezekeel, Zacharias.maladroit, Bilboa1, TheEscapist, Netarchy, Supercurio, lippol94, MAMBO04, Galnet, nitr8, Rahulrulez, Chadouming, renaudallard, existz, times_infinity, bearsfan85

Thanks to the donators and everyone bying the Glitch Kernel Updater app from the market, it's much appreciated and encourages us to continue our work !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​
    Changelog

Changelogs :

V13 - LATEST

03/01/2012 - V13.1

- Cleanup.
    - Fixed buttons freezing randomly.
    - Fixed media buttons / headset buttons.
    - Lots of GPIO fixes which eliminate phantom keypops.
    - Added updated sysfs interface for smartass governor.
    - Updated screenstate scaling script to use non-deprecated sysfs
    interface for smartass2 and other govs.
    - Back to CM7 LED Notifications.
    - Lots of changes to cypress touchkey driver to guard against phantom
    keypops and speed things up.
    - Removed CarrierIQ-related virtual serial device. It probably wasn't
    used, but now we know for sure.
    - Changes to dpram (modem kernel interface) to make the radio a
    little more stable.
    - slightly more helpful gamma table error message.
    - Moved call audio sysfs files from voodoo sound group to their own.
    - Integrated 90call_vol into the kernel zip file so people don't
    have to mess with it on their own.
    - Now possible to choose any governor as sleep governor in the recovery.
    - Vandalized bootlogo a bit.

20/11/2011 - V13

- Upstream synced to the latest at release time
    - New CFLAGS again
    - mfpu switched from neon to vfpv3
    - BLN now working correctly, with LED timeout (thanks to Zacharias.maladroit)
    - Back to hard float
    - Updated toolchain to 4.5-2011.10
    - Modified screen colors to look better (ugly gradient fixed, yellowish tint fixed). Don't use Voodoo Color punchy settings with this though (green screen likely to be back)
    - Better reactivity under load
    - 348MB RAM available
    - Better 720p video recording (less buggy)
    - Doubled SDCard read cache - Slight speed-up on SDcard read speed
    - USB power drain fix
    - Back to 3.0V for the screen - 2.6V said not to give more battery life because of the added amperage
    - Bugfixes
    - Added Cgroup timer slack to group tasks by timer slack value
    - Switched to Tree preempt RCU and added RCU boost
    - New rethemed/recolored recovery menu and bootlogo, thanks to Fate-Silver for the blood :D
    - Fixed "GLITCH" menu in recovery not showing for i9000 and Telus Fascinate
    - Better handling of the CPU frequency table, + fixes
    - Fascinate related fixes and updates from JT1134
    - Added Lazy and SmartassV2 governors
    - Fixes for SDCard handling
    - All leakage settings are now available from a single kernel. Use the GLITCH menu in recovery (recommended way to switch the values)
    - Added support of JT's 3-button recovery hack (credit to JT1134)

V12

13/07/2011 -> 29/09/2011 - V12 BETA #3

- BackLightNotifications (BLN) port, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit must use the BLN app. If it doesn't work, try Blinky. Still not fully working though.
    - Some cleaning and added tiny fixes
    - Fascinate : Now using Yamaha compass driver from ED01
    - *Temporary* fix for green flashes/colors on low brightness (reborn/still not fixed in V11 - not yet proper though)
    - Modified color multiplier to avoid yellowish tint by default
    - Enhanced cleaning script when flashing
    - Screen undervolt (from 3.0V to 2.6V) // it should help battery life
    - Lowering kernel debugger buffer
    - More work on leakage values
    - Adding some old-school (V9D) CFLAGS resulting in substantial performance and stability gains
    - 800MHz random lock fixed - not fully fixed it seems
    - Popping keyboard bug fixed
    - Make use of NEON accelerated mfpu
    - Slightly more aggressive ondemand governor default settings // searching the best balance for efficiency
    - Added a few speed enhancements
    - In-call receive audio is much louder across the board. You can now hear your significant other yelling at you if you're in a noisy area. Sorry, guys
    - In-call mic gain should see some improvement as well. Meaning your wife can now hear you apologizing better
    -- caveat: I've heard conflicting reports about this while using bluetooth. I'm investigating that, so stay tuned.
    - Overhauled the screen state scaling feature.
    -- governor setting now stays put
    -- users can now enable/disable the feature and configure it via the custom recovery listed below
    - New recovery. Screenstate scaling is controllable via recovery, and it's themed now.
    -Audio output and input controllable via script linked in OP
    -Call volume tweaks re-written to be more clean/effecient.
    -Screenstate bug fixed, doesn't cause lag anymore.
    -Upstream synced (this means you must be on the latest nightly for your device for this to work)
    -New drivers

V11

13/07/2011 - V11

- Upstream synced as always (updated recovery...)
    - More debug stuff disabled & cleanups/fixes on various things
    - Printk disabled to reduce overhead
    - Updated to linux kernel 2.6.35.13
    - OC implementation fixes and modifications (fixing overvolt in Voltage Control Xtreme as well as some other tiny things)
    - Added experimental GPU OC implementation from TheExcapist (for future use / not yet functional)
    - 1.7GHz step added - working on some pretty good phones
    - Modified touchkey/Led notifications settings from Zacharias.maladroit
    - Added SLQB
    - Added SIO and BFQ schedulers
    - Back to LZO compression for faster boot time
    - New voltage settings for more stability
    - Trying some new speed tweaks
    - 340MB of RAM available for user without breaking 720p recording
    - Preemptible Tiny RCU
    - Automated per tty task groups patch
    - Added InteractiveX governor
    - Two new branches for OC settings adapted to high and low leakage chips
    - Toolchain sorcery, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit (RIL is compiled using 4.4.3 toolchain, and everything else is compiled using 4.5.2 toolchain -> more speed and stability)
    - Enhanced Voodoo Color settings from renaudallard
    - Voodoo Sound V10
    - Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
    - Logcat on/off scripts (built as module)
    - Bluetooth HID support
    - New, cleaner bootlogo
    - Now cleaning old scripts, OC values, cache and dalvik cache on kernel installation - thanks to lippol94
    - Green tint on low brightness fixed
    - Switched to ondemand governor
    V10
    27/05/2011 - V10A Do not use with CM7 builds older than 23/05 (as well as the 28/05 or newer build) or MIUI -> you'll get no service !

- Now fully compatible with latest CM7 Nightly builds
    - Back to 2010.09 toolchain -> slower & less stable but needed to make a working kernel for latest builds
    - Upstream sync (bigger radio partition, headset stuff..)
    - Int voltage changes to get some stability back on all overclocked frequencies
    - A bit faster 1.5 and 1.6GHz steps - Could make these steps unstable for some, please try and report
    - Smartass governor tweaked for faster scaling up, and slower scaling down -> better stability and speed
    - OC code bugs and inconsistencies introduced in V7B now fixed (it was here to prevent sleep of death issue, now fixed)
    - Some fixes and enhancement for compatibility with Xan's Voltage Control app
    - Various tweaks for MOAR SPEED
    - Black magic

Known issues :
    - The reboot recovery command seems broken for some reason on recent builds. Probably rom related.
    - Some users still get freeze issue on boot. If you have this issue, please use the "no-optimization" kernel for you device from this post : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14180722&postcount=2077

03/06/2011 - V10B To use with newest builds only (equal or newer than 28/05) !

- Upstream sync (FM radio, new Voodoo Sound implementation, etc...)
    - Back to 4.4.3 toolchain - needed for new RIL
    - Big cleanup - rewrite from scratch
    - Many fixes
    - New tweaks for speed on 4.4.3 toolchain
    - New tweaks for stability on 4.4.3 toolchain
    - Black magic

17/06/2011 - V10C (Updated) To use with newest builds, #28+ for i9000 or equivalent

- Upstream sync (cpuidle, updated drivers (wifi etc.), Recovery 4.0.0.x, etc...) (updated as of today 17/06)
    - More debug stuff disabled
    - Dock audio support (experimental)
    - Added DIDLE (Deep Idle) support (removed, buggy)
    - New voltage tweaks for added stability on some devices
    V9
    16/05/2011 - V9A

- Merged with the now dead V8C update because of new added features :)
    - Upstream sync : Calculate battery percentage as percent of max capacity reported when battery full, new wifi driver, etc.
    - New PMEM settings for more available RAM (now 331MB)
    - 1.54GHz step added with some gentle settings for now.
    - New step by step frequency switch when scaling down (part of the Galaxy S II port from Bilboa1) - more stability on highest frequencies
    - Corrections and further tweaking on smartass governor + some fixes from Netarchy (Nexus S). 400MHz lock when screen is on removed (not needed anymore -> more power saving)
    - Higher cache for faster SDcard read speed
    - New sleep settings : Effective lock to 400MHz max when screen is off -> fix long wake up/hiccups when playing music or similar use. Be careful with your UV settings on 200 and 400MHz steps to avoid sleep of death problems ! These were not used on previous versions of my kernel (locked to 100 MHz when screen off and locked to 400MHz when screen on with a buggy gap in smartass governor forcing generally 600+ MHz)
    - 600 MHz step removed (it was generating instabilities on some phones when jumping to 800 or down to 400 when using UV)
    - Some voltage tweaks for added stability on some devices (as always)
    - Cleanups on unused/no more needed stuff
    - Little surprise, thanks to Morfic :)

- Updated to V9A² to fix SOD and some performance issues

21/05/2011 - V9B

- Upstream sync (CWM recovery 3.1.0.1, better screen colors (kills voodoo color for now and looks awful on my 0516 build, but should be good on latest), GPIO fixes, samsung modemctl...) + small changes on my side for official CyanogenMod repository compatibility :)
    - Voodoo Sound updated to V9 / cleaned voodoo color stuff until it works again
    - New cleaner bootlogo based on the one in first post, preferred by most users
    - Some additional compilation flags from Netarchy and Zacharias.maladroit (better overall performances + NEON)
    - Screen refresh frequency bumped to 72Hz (68Hz effective). It'll uncap FPS to 66 again but seems stabler than before on framerate (the divide/2 behavior happens less)
    - Added screenstate scaling script from well.heeled.man as a test (with my kernel's smartass default settings). It should give better sleep power consumption as well as better power efficiency on screen off tasks like music playing etc. by switching to conservative governor.
    If you want more information, discuss on this or contribute to enhance it, please come here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1087646
    - Adding some stuff from Zacharias.madadroit :
    - Higher battery charging temperature
    - Scheduler tweaks​

Alternative version now available (V9B-VC) using old AMOLED panel color/gamma settings and with Voodoo Color V2 added back.

24/05/2011 - V9C TO USE WITH CM7 Nightly build #12 OR HIGHER ONLY

(Updated to fix "no service" issue, but still sucks.. unstable on #12 build, very stable on others but no service)

- Upstream sync (PMEM disabled (gives 339MB RAM now), new RIL, headset fixes...)
    - Divider changes for MUCH better stability on 1.2GHz at the cost of a slight decrease on performances
    - New branch with Voodoo Color display driver and "old" color settings named "VC"
    - Fix for Vibrant no service problem - hopefully
    - Small changes on smartass governor for better scalability (reverts some old settings not needed anymore with the screenstate script)
    - Glitch logo now in update script too for nanu_x2 to be amazed when installing my kernel :D

24/05/2011 - V9D TO USE WITH CM7 Nightly build #11 OR LOWER (for i9000, or cappy/vibrant equivalent) AND MIUI ONLY

First "D" revision.. Sound like duty. It's basically a fix of a fix done to make the V9C features available for "stable builds" (considering the i9000 #12 isn't)

- Obviously all the V9C changelog
    - Using old RIL to be compatible with builds before #12 for I9000 (--> WON'T WORK with #12 for i9000 or equivalent !)
    - Replaced 1.54GHz step by 1.6GHz (1.54GHz step was somewhat useless, too close to 1.5Ghz, and slower overall because of the lower bus speed)

- I can't build Vibrant ATM, the CM7 build system is broken on this device or I'm doing something wrong but I wasn't able to fix it. Any help is appreciated. I'm sorry for Vibrant users I'm screwed.
    V8

07/05/2011 - V8A - To use with 05062011 or newer CM7 build (useable on MIUI RC8 but you'll lose camera - MIUI needs an update)

- Upstream sync (camera fixes etc.)
    - More stability fixes
    - Cleanups on OC code (found that 1.2 and 1.3GHz were very unstable compared to earlier releases)
    - More work on Vibrant/Captivate. The kernels are now available to download but are untested - for now. Feel free to try and report any problem or if all runs well. If I have enough positive reviews, these kernels will be released in their respective device sections.

11/05/2011 - V8B

Upstream sync only :
    - USB switch suspend
    - TV out stuff
    - Fascinate specifics
    - Revert "Got back to previous samsung_modemctl" for 05112011 CM7 build

V7
    02/05/2011 - V7A - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Resurrect Voodoo Color killed by 2.3.4 merge.
    - New step for 1.5GHz on top of 1.44GHz (now 9 steps total versus 8 before)
    - Forcing 400MHz max when sleeping for added battery life (default = 800). Couldn't detect any side effect.
    - New tweaked Smartass governor now default (800MHz min when screen on). Please report your experience ;)
    - It seems the smartass governor is not working by default, it will revert to performance >< Please force it to get it to work -> Ok found the problem, I'll update in a min

- Now updated to V7A-2 to fix the governor bug :)

03/05/2011 - V7B - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Resurrect Voodoo Color killed by 2.3.4 merge - Again - fully working now
    - Fixed sleep of death issue when unplugged
    - Switched to LZO compression for better overall speed and reduced boot time
    - Tweaked smartass governor more for - hopefully - better battery life and a bit more responsivity
    - New voltage and frequency table rewrite as a bonus with now 11 frequencies total
    - Stability fixes on 1.5GHz step -> please test and report :)
    - Reverted FPS uncap - at least for now - for two main reasons : more stability on high GPU freqs (1.4GHz and more), and to prevent FPS limit at max/2 (33 when unlocked to 66), limiting overall performances in heavy scenes. I think there's a lack of buffering somewhere.. It will give higher scores on some benchmarks, and lower on others. A better battery life can indeed be expected too.
    - Upstream sync

05/05/2011 - V7C - To use with 05032011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Upstream sync (better battery life, reboot recovery, etc.)
    - A general stability fix missing from V7 branch added back
    - Tiny tweaks on the voltage table
    - Big bugfix on the V7 branch (redone from scratch, cleaner)
    - Switched to 2011.03 toolchain
    - Added some optimization flags, "-mfloat-abi=hard" being one of them (up to 40% performance gains in specific cases)
    - Small improvements here and there​
    V6
    WIP
    22/04/2011 - V6pre - preview/work in progress of upcoming V6A update *test* :

- Reverted PMEM settings to new CM7 default (317MB - same as V5A)
    - Reverted some stability fixes that weren't that stable on some devices, or even prevented some to boot
    - New voltage table for a more linear increase, improving stability at default settings
    - Switched to Deadline scheduler by default as it appears more stable
    - Back to 2010.09 toolchain for speed and efficiency
    - Synchronized with last update from SGS CM7 team

Better to use CM7 04212011 update with this kernel and newer.

22/04/2011 - V6pre - update 1 :

- Battery polling bumped to 15 sec (was 1 before), it should help battery to an extent (thanks to Zach for the idea)
    - Some internal voltage tweaking to hopefully be more UV friendly
    - Bumped USER_HZ for more smoothness
    - Another -rare- bootloop fix

22/04/2011 - V6pre - update 2 :

- Added some tweaks from V5A for testing
    - Resolved a bug generating fake voltage reading
    - Resolved a bug on 400MHz step generating instabilities
    - Slight changes to the voltage table
    - Fixed a typo
    - Trying some toolchain switch - again-

23/04/2011 - V6pre - update 3 :

- Corrected Led Notifications - Now it should work properly again !
    - Various bugfixes and typo corrections
    - Toolchain change once again
    - Added new Interactive governor with aggressive settings for even more speed. You need to change it by app (pimp my cpu/cyanogen settings), it's still on conservative by default.
    (thanks Zach for your suggestion:))

25/04/2011 - V6pre - update 4

- Cleanups on Led notifications to resolve a bug (buttons stopped working randomly for some users)
    - More typo corrections
    - Voodoo Sound V8
    - Various bugfixes on CPU load and schedulers
    - CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE disabled for speed
    - Lower latency on GPU states switch for stabler performances
    - Added a stability fix for voltage change latency when frequency is changing. It should give more stability with high undervolt or big voltage differences between two steps - Please test and report ! (Thanks Zach for pointing that to me)
    - Two versions for testing purposes : V6pre-u4 is compiled using GCC 4.5.1 toolchain, and V6pre-u4(alt) is compiled using GCC 4.4.3 one. If you get instabilities on the first one, try the other and vice versa. Please report your findings on that because it was the first stability differences source between my kernel revisions. For information, V6pre-u2 was compiled with 4.4.3, and u3 with 4.5.1.

27/04/2011 - V6pre - update 5 >> 6

- Name changed from "TkGlitch" to "Glitch"
    - Cleanups on buttons (Kangsterizer)
    - Lower latency on GPU states switch for stabler performances in 3D and/or at high GPU frequency - corrected, thanks to Kangsterizer
    - Added a stability fix when frequency changes for cpufreq governors
    - Tweaked Interactive and Conservative governors for testing
    - New Frequency table : 1.5GHz is now the max selectable frequency, and 800MHz and 400MHz steps are now replaced by a unique 600MHz one.
    - Changed initramfs source to remove the annoying "E:no misc partition" error in the recovery :p

- Now bumped to update 6 to fix an issue with the conservative governor.

27/04/2011 - V6pre - update 7

- New Frequency table : 1.44GHz removed, 800 and 400MHz steps are back.
    - Battery polling bumped from 15 to 30 seconds
    - GPU power latency bumped from 10 to 60 ms

28/04/2011 - V6A - To use with 04282011 or newer CM7 build only

- New sensors drivers added
    - Normalized 1.5GHz bus speed (GPU will now run @ 250MHz versus 247MHz before. It can affect your stability !)
    - Int voltage lowered for 1.5GHz step because it did have a bad effect on lower frequencies stability
    - GPU power latency back to default - but fixed (100ms)

29/04/2011 - V6B - To use with 04282011 or newer CM7 build only

- New initramfs source to fix compass and update CWM recovery
    - 1.5GHz replaced by 1.48GHz for stability
    - New voltage table as requested by many users (+25mv on 1200 to 1400MHz steps)
    - New interactive governor for better scaling and battery life :)
    - New tweaked smartass governor for testing (pretty bad on CPU benchmarks for some reason, please test how it feels in real world use)
    - New ondemand governor from Zacharias.maladroit sources for testing :)

02/05/2011 - V6C - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build only

- Small update to merge with 2.3.4 source, no new feature.

02/05/2011 - V6C² - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build only

- Update to repair Voodoo Sound conflicts from 2.3.4 merge.
    - Back to 1.44GHz max to prepare 1.5GHz return

V5
    19/04/2011 - V5A - Initial release
    21/04/2011 - V5B :

- GPU overclock on 1.3 GHz added (217MHz / +8.5% from default)
    - New PMEM settings for more available RAM compared to V5A (now 328MB)
    - Stability fixes for all frequencies, needing globally less volts. Results may vary depending on the device
    - Switched to Conservative governor by default (still switchable by app). It can feel less responsive coming from idle but more battery saving, and plays better with high frequencies.
    - New voltage table. Default settings should be stabler for most devices.
    - Switched to 4.4.3 toolchain for added stability on some sensitive devices

Captivate and Vibrant support will come later. It will need more time than expected.
    21/04/2011 - V5C : Small update to fix a bootloop issue on some devices.
    Don't worry about the Android-Samsung-2.6.35 branch, it's the same as my vanilla branch minus a few changes that don't fit cm's model. Cherry-pick is recommended IMO, so if there are conflicts you can sort them out one at a time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App