By schaps, Retired Recognized Developer on 10th December 2007, 12:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th December 2007, 09:36 PM |#301  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjStiky

1) When I receive MMS messages, it allways says that the message is expired. Asks me if I want to download anyways. How can I fix this?

Ensure your MMS settings are correct for your carrier.
Start > Programs > Messaging > Menu > Options > Select MMS
Check the Preferences and Servers tabs and compare with your carrier requirements. If you provide your carrier someone else with the same carrier may be able to share their settings with you.

Quote:

2) Is there a way I could disable the device searching for carrier settings automatically when I soft reset?

Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connection Setup > Menu, then uncheck Enable Auto Configuration.

Quote:

3) Is there a way to change the dialer to cyan color? Thanks.

All the registry settings for dialer skins can be found in subkeys here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]. Not sure which you'd need to tinker with though. You'll need a registry editor to make changes. You might find some additional detail in this thread.

Quote:

4) Where can I find a version of Cyberon Voice Speed Dialer that works with this rom as a .cab file? (I know I need PPTfix so that I can map button 5 to launch it. I allready have that. Just need cyberon.)

I'd recommend using MS Voice Command instead. Much better voice dialer than Cyberon, IMO. But you can probably find a working copy in one of these threads if you prefer Cyberon.

Quote:

5) Is there a way to disable the roaming icon? My network merged with another one and ever since, all unlocked phones think they are roaming.

You might try the attached CAB. If it doesn't work it shouldn't do any harm - just adds some registry keys. But I make no guarantees.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Remove AT&T Roaming Icon.cab - [Click for QR Code] (572 Bytes, 13 views)

14th December 2007, 11:10 PM |#302  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 4

More
when is come hermes?
Pls rebuild for htc hermes
14th December 2007, 11:17 PM |#303  
Flag Orlando Area

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by musab

Pls rebuild for htc hermes

This ROM is for the Hermes/8525/Tytn etc.
15th December 2007, 01:46 AM |#304  

More
Hello, I've been using Wizard for a while, now I got myself a Hermes, so I don't actually understand everything that is going on here with this device. So far I find this your rom the best, but I've tried only 3-4 of them.

I have a question:
On the main post, you have screenshots of the contacts page. And the right side of contacts has alphebetical reference listed. However, after I installed the lite version of this rom, I still get the old style contacts where the alphabetical reference is locatedd on top, and the scroll bar is on the right side.

Anything I don't know about it? Or is there a trick that can do it? Does it depend on the version of the contact you have or is it somekind of an external plug-in?
15th December 2007, 01:55 AM |#305  
Flag Pittsburgh

More
Not sure if this was addressed.. Any way to change the MMS sending limit? The software says 300k but the network limit is 600k I have confirmed this with over 30 calls to AT&T(USA gsm provider)

Anyone?? This setting is found when setting up the MMS messenging.
15th December 2007, 02:00 AM |#306  

More
it's really beautiful
support simplified chinese?
15th December 2007, 02:23 AM |#307  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Smile Another Fix: I got Voice Recorder working by installing the HTC VR Cab
Hi,
I installed HTC Voice Recorder from a cab file and Voice Recorder now works.
It would be best for schaps to cook a working version into the next rom, because I think I am wasting some storage memory by installing it again from a cab.
However, if you want it to work again and don't mind a little storage memory being used, download the link and install it.
This means I have a device with schaps 4.22 and no more bugs that I can tell! Thanks again for a fantastic rom schaps.

i.e. there are fixes for
1) PTT/Button 5 - Install Sleuth's fix
2) WM5torage - insert a shortcut to the program
3) Voice Recorder - Install HTC Voice Recorder

Schaps: Please cook these into the next rom. It's better to have these working straight away when you flash the rom.

All the best and well done schaps!

All the best!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Voice Recorder.zip - [Click for QR Code] (94.4 KB, 134 views)
15th December 2007, 02:48 AM |#308  

More
Yet another great rom by Schaps!
Thanks and very well done!
15th December 2007, 03:58 AM |#309  

More
first of all schap, you are the best ever. i wouldn't have lasted this long on a windows mobile phone without your work.

i used to have schap's 3.54, and i just recently upgraded to 4.22. i found a few problems and i'm wondering if anyone else has found the same. maybe there is something that can be done to make future versions even better.

1) when i click on the htc home button for txt messaging, my hotmail email list pops up, then the sms on top of it. then i have to close both to get back to the home

2) i am used to viewing my contact list without the numbers being shown. this allows me to view more contacts on the screen at once. now that there is a letter-bar on the right side (which i think is awesome), it covers the type of phone number.

3) i am comfortable using spb imageer to view pictures on my phone. i like the new camera album application, however it doesn't show that my pictures are in folders. it just shows them as a huge set of pictures. i'm wondering if there is a way to look at folders like albums, and click into the album to see the different pictures.

4) the call volume on my 8525 has gone down. i live in new york city and typically have the volume all the way up when i walk around the streets. this was fine with version 3.54. now it's too quiet for me to hear, and i'm stuck bringing my headset everywhere i go.

5) my screen sometimes loses picture in between windows. it looks like a tv screen without signal for a quick time.

6) this might just be a microsoft/hotmail issue. i am used to having my email and contacts sync. the new windows live on my phone shows that there is calendar syncing. when i check my hotmail on a computer, it doesn't show my contacts or tasks. is it possible to sync my calendar through hotmail live?

thanks in advance for any help or advice. and thanks again schap
15th December 2007, 05:26 AM |#310  
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderby

Not sure if this was addressed.. Any way to change the MMS sending limit? The software says 300k but the network limit is 600k I have confirmed this with over 30 calls to AT&T(USA gsm provider)

Anyone?? This setting is found when setting up the MMS messenging.

I don't use MMS so I haven't tested these registry edits. But you can change the available send sizes in the drop down list by editing the following registry keys. This should change the list from 100k/200k/300k to 200k/400k/600k. I recommend backing up this key first before making any changes... just in case you want to go back.

[HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\SizeLimit]

"SendLimit1"=dword:00019000 ----> 00032000
"SendLimit2"=dword:00032000 ----> 00064000
"SendLimit3"=dword:0004b000 ----> 00096028
"Wap1SendLimit1"=dword:00019000 ----> 00032000
"Wap1SendLimit2"=dword:00032000 ----> 00064000
"Wap1SendLimit3"=dword:0004b000 ----> 00096028
"Wap2SendLimit1"=dword:0004b000 ----> 00096028
"Wap2SendLimit2"=dword:00032000 ----> 00064000
"Wap2SendLimit3"=dword:00019000 ----> 00032000

For your reference, here are the kb sizes and their respective hexadecimal and decimal values for the registry.

Size == Hex == Decimal
------------------------
100k = 19000 = 102400
200k = 32000 = 204800
300k = 4b000 = 307200
400k = 64000 = 409600
500k = 7d000 = 512000
600k = 96028 = 614400

Note: I pulled these keys from my AT&T Hermes, running ArcSoft MMS Composer v4.2.8.1. So the settings may vary for others. If anyone else uses MMS please test and report back. Curious to know if the changes actually work for anyone.
15th December 2007, 05:56 AM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfury

I have seen some more posts regarding battery life. I went to Tenerife where it said it was on Orange and Movistar networks and I was only having to charge it every 3 days (got down to 30% after 3 days) compared to every day in the UK.
I used text messages mainly but had the screen on and dimmed instead of switching it off manually like I do in the UK. So the main difference was I wasn't making or receiving voice calls.
Maybe we could look at the balance between voice quality, volume levels and battery consumption.
Are these things controlled in the OS ROM or the Radio ROM?
I think there are a number of factors dictating battery life: Quality, Volume, 3G or GSM, Transceiver Transmit/Recieve signal strength levels.
If we could maybe tweak Quality down a fraction and use GSM only for voice calls, it may increase battery life to a better level?

PS: Debonair - Nice to see you posting over here, hopefully you can provide the same useful hints, tips and helpful asssitance as you have over at 4winmobile... Welcome!

Ha... I've been around here for a long time... before 4winmobile, but not as useful here... I usually tend not to post to much as I have a problem with flamers... I think it best to not answer someone than to tell them to take a hike or have fun making them feel like idiots... there is no such thing as a stupid question.... Now with that said, I will do what I can, when I can as always... Thnxs for noticing my efforts... Now, when it comes to battery comsumption, there are to many factors to narrow it down, you have done a great job listing the major ones, but there are some small ones that are usually overlooked... The today screen being one of them... how many icons or apps are present on that screen? the more the merrier huh? Well, lets look at the battery meter app that a lot of people like (it doesn't matter which one, pick one)... Anything that monitors, is using battery life... The most important thing for battery consumption is the radio... is your device always using 3G or searching for a signal? If so, then your battery life will suck eggs big time... if you have your device constantly polling exchange or pop accounts for new mail, or during short intervals, then your battery life will again be shortened... Are your messages so important that you need your device to check every 30 minutes? I think mine are, so I take that into consideration and am completely satisfied for any combination of radio and rom that gives me at least 7 - 8 hours of solid usage before recharging is needed...

With all of the above being said, I don't think we should ever sacrifice quality for anything... Each person will use the rom in the way that benefits them the most, that is why there will never be a perfect rom... I happen to REALLY like this rom... the few items that are small bugs are just a hindrance for what I truly care about... Stability and speed... anything else is arbitrary, it depends on what your needs are... So, to this end, I say this... Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead... If battery life is an issue, then charge your device more often, or change the way you use it... or downgrade/upgrade your radio rom... There are a lot of options/alternatives for all of us... Each one has to Teach one and do what is best for them... So, what is your favorite configuration... ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)