[Q] Adobe Flash Player Support for Samsung Galaxy Mini

Search This thread

atreidex

Jan 16, 2011
Hi everyone!

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570). It seems that the flash player is not installed, nor supported by this device. Is this right?

Did anyone tried to install the flash player on it with any success?

Thanks,
Ciprian

derekgabs

Mar 22, 2011
uhmm.. dude i also can feel you..

the thing is.. the galaxy s5570 doesn't really support any flash.. it has been really the most disappointment to the galaxy mini.. since i really expected that it would support it.

As what my research goes, adobe team doesn't claim any unsupported smartphones since they said that "THEY REALLY WANT TO SUPPORT EACH AND EVERY SMARTPHONE, BUT THE ONLY THING IS THAT WE DON'T CONTROL THE SUPPORT BECAUSE ONLY THE MANUFACTURER'S CAN CORRECT THAT"

So it means we need to contact the SAMSUNG PEOPLE. But unfortunately i tried to ask it by emailing them but i cant seem to get their email. and i tried their own site for contacting but they dont support S5570 and it really bugs me since this PHONE is new yet they dont support it.. !@#!@#!@#

sighs.. all we can do for now is try to contact ASAP the samsung on what solution can we get since for me galaxy mini wont really lagg in FLASH.. but i guess the other way is to wait here and support the developers who are trying to find a way to have a FLASH PLAYER for Galaxy s5570..

PS: i tried already installing the adobe flash apk file but it would install but wont work.. so no good... AND i also tried the SKYFIRE.. it can support every kind of VIDEO FILE EXCEPT FLV..

its really a VERY VERY VERYY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT to the samsung manufacturers.. :(

PS again: if your wondering why i bought this phone and it doesn't support flash.. is that it is the only available smartphone in my subscriber and i need a plan that BADLY in order to contact many people...

Eid

Jan 28, 2010
Any news on this? I installed Gingerbread and flash installed for me, but both browsers show "Plug-in content" and there's no way to play it..

Maybe there's an app for it? Cause well youtube works via the app.

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
Flash is currently armv7 only so your phone doesn't support it
(it's armv6)

There is flash lite(atleast on my phone) which allow viewing swfs and plays youtube videos in stock browser

Try getting the apk

amoryporto

Jul 3, 2011
just try to install adobe flash player 10.2 pre release.. it make your browser could play flash file. i am using skyfire 4.02. and works well.

dany547

Feb 8, 2008
Iași
www.geekchronicles.ro
that flash player app is just for Optimus One.Besides the ARM 6 platform the LG has 512MB ram and the S5570 384MB,i think here is the difference.The Mini is a low end device,so flash support on browsers wouldnt be available...and if a developer manages to get it work it will run with alot of lag...and make your device "heat up",in my opinion is much more convenient to use the Youtube app from the market,and if u really need to get fully flash support upgrade or go to a PC.This is 100$ device,what would you aspect?

Last edited:

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
that flash player app is just for Optimus One.Besides the ARM 6 platform the LG has 512MB ram and the S5570 384MB,i think here is the difference.The Mini is a low end device,so flash support on browsers wouldnt be available...and if a developer manages to get it work it will run with alot of lag...and make your device "heat up",in my opinion is much more convenient to use the Youtube app from the market,and if u really need to get fully flash support upgrade or go to a PC.This is 100$ device,what would you aspect?

that same flash player works on mine and many others' mini who are on cm7 :)

adistf

Jun 9, 2011
Craiova
www.facebook.com

It also works on mine.It doesnt matter ammount of RAM here(it matters only if you use a browser with 50+tabs and want to watch a clip),flash will stress mostly the CPU,and since LG Optimus ONE and Galaxy Mini has THE SAME CPU AND THE SAME GPU i dont think it's a problem.
I also use TJ's CM7 with normal clock on cpu(600Mh'z) and i dont have any problems at all.

kshitij_nigam12

Aug 27, 2011
here's how to get adobe flash(on the stock browser)
1) install any custom rom dat is dere for ur mini be it cm,andro-id or vanilla
2) overclock ur mini 2 a little above 700mhz(cant be sure about d min frequency dat u need to be on for flash 2 work,srry 4 dat)
3) now install d apk file http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=724095&d=1316405253
4) tada! adobe flash on ur mini

ps: overclocking burns ur cpu, nd using flash on ur mini leads to unstabillity(expect a lot of fc's)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install adobe flash player 11 on samsung Galaxy – Can Work on bro

Please follow the steps below.
    1. please install com.adobe.flashplayer_111102059_11.1.102.59.apk file, after successfully installed DO NOT OPEN. immediately wrote press the Back button

2. Then copy that file is present in lib.zip (file must be extracted first) into the folder /data/data/com_adobe_flashplayer/lib/ using the RootExplore application.
    The file is in lib.zip there are four, among others: libflashplayer.so, libstagefright_froyo.so, libstagefright_honeycomb.so, and libysshared.so

3. If you’ve copied all, please open your browser, then open one of the sites that contain flash, for example youtube.com with desktop mode. In the area there are sites that contain video or flash icon marked with an arrow will be marked down. Please click on these arrow for displaying video or flash files.
    i'd found this (download below) it says that is version Adobe_flash_v10_3_for_ARMv6,now i'm instaling it to see if it works...