[Q]HTC Desire HD QHSUSB_DLOAD driver[brick caused by rom manager sdcard repartition]

Search This thread

urmelbaerchen

May 11, 2009
Paderborn
HTC Desire S same problem

Hello all,

I just want to let you know that my HTC Desire S died the same way yesterday.
To me, it seems to be a serious problem with HTC devices in general. :mad:

Bye,
Thorsten

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
That's not an HTC problem.
My Engineering ATRIX has died the same way and I'm unable to recovery. At least with my files.

The x64 driver doesn't work anyway...

JSLEnterprises

Apr 26, 2011
Buenos Aires
Hello all,

I just want to let you know that my HTC Desire S died the same way yesterday.
To me, it seems to be a serious problem with HTC devices in general. :mad:

Bye,
Thorsten

well, mine wasnt even done by an sd partition (I dont bother to partition my SD)
mine was just caused by a glitch in CWM (CWM is the problem) on a reboot after running an update script to install edited apk's.

I've ended up just ordering a riff box from ipmart and a dhd jtag jig from multi com.

Last edited:

skyungjae

Dec 5, 2006
California
Same thing happened to me on my friend's at&t Inspire 4G.

I wiped, flashed this ROM, restored his apps and data via MyBackUp Pro, held the power button and shut the phone down.

Now the phone won't boot up at all. I pulled the battery and still nothing. When I plug it into the computer the device manager recognizes the phone as "qhsusb_dload."

Is there anything I can do or is this phone toast?

Android_Asim

Apr 11, 2011
Kuwait
guys don't order JTAG recovery, Drivers, Resisters or whatever and ideas you have in your heads. just report the phone not working, and they will replace it for you, a brand new one

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
Koush confirmed that this was an issue with older versions of ROM Manager and has since been fixed. However, this happened toe yesterday using the latest recovery and the latest ROM Manager. He hasn't responded to me as of this post. A new phone is on its way from tmobile.

• i don't know if that would help
  • Rom Manager portions SD card as EXT 2 only ( very old file system ) , CWM partitions SD card as EXT 3 only .
  • Some Roms need the EXT 4 to boot

gadgetdaddy

Jan 29, 2011
Reactions: journeyman73

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö
So HTC doesn't repair rooted bricked phones even if you pay for it?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

disiz

May 14, 2009
Same problem here :(
DHD started to loss data, then I wiped everything and flash again jellytime R11, but phone sticks to htc start screen, and I remove battery, and next no way to wake it up, the last sign of it's life is when I connect it to PC it's recognized as qhsusb_dload but don't find any working driver win XP) and don't know what to do next :(
If someone know how to solve this problem, thanks for answering :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Riff Box Jtaging recovery im guessing.

Now i Dont have riff box, but I have x64 drivers installed and working for the qualcomm port, and QPST sees the phone properly. The only thing im missing are the files to flash.

Edit:
    If anyone is needing them; Attached are the x64 drivers for "qhsusb dload"
    Yep, odin is probably the right program to use :rolleyes:
    Here's another thread with the same story.
    You are right, I already sent it to HTC. I hope they don't recognize that it's rooted. But as it has already repartitioned the sd-inside, I don't think they will try to recover any data and try to understand it.
    Actually I would only use Odin with Samsung...
    Ya, I have the same issue.

I wasn`t able to find the driver for my device too. Sad Panda!

...seems like there`s no solution right now. I ll give it to HTC this evening if noone could give THE advice to repair it on my own.

Does anyone know why the desire is crashing when trying to use ROM Manager to partition the sd-card?