FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

6,201 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,356
 
By bubbleguuum, Senior Member on 10th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2011, 07:47 AM |#91  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,356
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaragorn76

Hi, really great job use the app on my galaxy 10.1 tab and on my galaxy s controlling my pioneer vx 70 av receiver. Files are stored on a netgear stora. Everything runs smoth as silk. just one question for product enhancement : is there a plan for multiroom control, currently its only possible to select one renderer, is it possible to stream to multiple renderes from one server where the bubble upnp is used to be the controller?

If the goal is to have all the renderers play synched audio, then UPnP AV doesn't make this possible (ie you'd have anything between 0-4s lag between renderers because synchronization is inexistant)


Quote:
Originally Posted by _mox_

Hi Mr. Bubble,

great app - the first working fine with my Synology and Soundbridge. :)

For scrolling in large lists - like all albums (several 100) it would be helpful to switch to a fast scrolling mode - where only the first letter is selected. (Like e.g. im Contacts)

Regards
mox

There's already a relgular aphabetic fast scroller but it is available only when the folder is fully loaded. Or do you mean someting else like further splitting the folder in subfolders consisting of alphabetic letters ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by sbliner

I can seek (ie skip ahead) mp4's, avi's, etc.

However I mostly watch MPG (dvdrips), and although they stream fine, I cannot skip ahead (aka seek), ff, nor rewind.

- The DLNA/UPNP server is my synology DS100j
- It does not work properly with UPNPlay either.
- I've tried Moboplayer, VideoPlayer, rockplayer lite
- It does seek,ff,rw when I test with xbmc player on my pc still using the synology source mpg.

Any ideas?

For videos it is the external player that controls seeking. It is probable that either these player do not support seek for this format when streamed by http or (less likely) the http server of the Media Server does not support seeking (in the form of returning the Accept-Ranges header)
 
 
9th September 2011, 06:14 PM |#92  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

For videos it is the external player that controls seeking. It is probable that either these player do not support seek for this format when streamed by http or (less likely) the http server of the Media Server does not support seeking (in the form of returning the Accept-Ranges header)

Armed with this info..i tried one more Video Player "VPlayer" This one does indeed allow seeking of MPEG. Thanks Mr Gum...I will provide feedback to the MoboPlayer team! BTW great app.
11th September 2011, 02:05 AM |#93  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
great program and thank for makeing it
I have a 8000 modle samsung tv with wifi, WD TV live, 6TB seagate NAS and a WD world book 1TB plus a myth tv server and mac running tvmobi.. it is a show stopper when I pick a file from the PC or WD and tell it to play in the TV or WD box. I have yet to find a file that the program won't work with.
The only con is the seagate NAS dosnt work like it is sold, and everything sees it as a network share and no amount of seagate support would fix problem, it a firmware issue. so the app dosent see it. and I had a song on the tablet and couldn't find a way to tell it to play local file to the TV. might have missed a setting way or it just don't stream.

I was blown away when I could control volume on tv with app, was app switching will I noticed it.
The best upnp app I have found so far, if you could make it find network shares, maybe ip address log in with user name and password, then my 6TB NAS would be in the loop

I did get it to muti control, sent a file to the tv for the kids to watch and pulled a file to the tablet for me to watch at the same time.. thanks again for all the work and effort put into this, I can;t wait for the finsih product and hopes this give your good info, BTW, bluetooth eyboards suck to typeon, lags bites. > thats what I typed this wtih.
11th September 2011, 09:27 AM |#94  
Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Talking Suggestions
Been using the betas for the last couple of weeks and I must say i am Impressed. so far has worked flawlessly and integrates very well when used with XBMC running as a DLNA server (have a headless box/nas server that i have XBMC running on 24/7).

I use it mostly for local rendering of video and have been using rockplayer mostly without a hitch apart from multi part video files and iso's failing to play. Hopefully now that VLC is in beta and getting close to release we will see improvements on that side.

I have been using it on 4 different devices.

HTC Magic - Running one of the CM roms from here cant remember which. Tends to be a bit clunky and laggy but its an old device so who cares. Local rendering can be a bitch.
HTC Desire HD - Various roms works flawlessly for local rendering. Always get "Resource not found (code 716)" whenever I try to render to my Samsung TV not that I try often as I have a dedicated xbmc box attached to that TV.
SGS - Wife phone she keeps uninstalling it INABITF?
Acer A500 - Local rendering only, works flawlessly, usual issues with rockplayer.

As it is the A500 that sees the majority of BubbleUPnP use there are a few things that I think would make the Honeycomb experience so much better.

I think library view needs a 2 pane setup up. Folders on the left and files on the right split 25/75. Also a Grid view would be absolutely fantastic, XBMC publishes Cover art/Thumbnails and I think this would look absolutely sweet. Being able to set the prefered rendering software within BUPnP instead of using the android default would be good too.

Excellent work so far. I look forward to future releases.
11th September 2011, 07:49 PM |#95  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Very nice app, much better than Samsung dlna.
Pls add to see local files or/and add local files to streaming library.
A music widget would be awesome too.
13th September 2011, 12:26 AM |#96  
Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
error message
I get an error message when i try to connect to a PC "Browse error Access denied. What is this refering to?
I have sharing alowed on the pc
15th September 2011, 12:47 AM |#97  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,356
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooSeGoD

...
Always get "Resource not found (code 716)" whenever I try to render to my Samsung TV not that I try often as I have a dedicated xbmc box attached to that TV.

Thanks for the detailed feedback
Code 716 would mean that the TV can't connect to the media server or that it doesn't like the streaming URL. Could also be something else, hard to know. DLNA TV can be super picky. Check that your TV can see the Media Server.

Quote:

I think library view needs a 2 pane setup up. Folders on the left and files on the right split 25/75. Also a Grid view would be absolutely fantastic, XBMC publishes Cover art/Thumbnails and I think this would look absolutely sweet. Being able to set the prefered rendering software within BUPnP instead of using the android default would be good too.

Multipane setup will not happen as it is at odd with the phone version and would be too much work to rewrite. Grid view for covers is in the todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwrib

Very nice app, much better than Samsung dlna.
Pls add to see local files or/and add local files to streaming library.
A music widget would be awesome too.

Local file streaming will be added at some point although not in the immediate future. Widget, maybe but not high priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky3

I get an error message when i try to connect to a PC "Browse error Access denied. What is this refering to?
I have sharing alowed on the pc

Can you tell what Media Server you connect to, and the exact error message you get ?
16th September 2011, 12:13 PM |#98  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hey,
this really is a great app, using it on Galaxy S2 Cyanogenmod 7 Nigthlies.

1) The playlist is always sorted alphabetically. I would prefer to sort it by album and track number.
2) VPN / Proxy support would be really great. I imagine being able to browse and download from my music archive while on the move.

I'd gladly pay for this great app with these two features included.
16th September 2011, 12:32 PM |#99  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,356
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajoe

Hey,
this really is a great app, using it on Galaxy S2 Cyanogenmod 7 Nigthlies.

1) The playlist is always sorted alphabetically. I would prefer to sort it by album and track number.
2) VPN / Proxy support would be really great. I imagine being able to browse and download from my music archive while on the move.

I'd gladly pay for this great app with these two features included.

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Do you mean that when you browse folders in Library, some of them are sorted alphabetically while you expect track numbers ? Items in folders are listed by the app in whatever order the Media Server returns them. What happens is that most Media Servers (like Twonky) that allow browsing by directory structure will list items in filesystem order which most of the time is alphabetical. What is your Media Server ?

2. I'm working on it, making it easy to setup, network bandwidth efficient, secure, and working with plain old Internet (no need for VPN).
16th September 2011, 01:56 PM |#100  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
The media server is xbmc. When I select an album to play, the songs are sorted alphabetically in BlubbleUpnp's playlist. I am not sure about the list in the library but I think that it is sorted by track number.
16th September 2011, 02:08 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,356
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajoe

The media server is xbmc. When I select an album to play, the songs are sorted alphabetically in BlubbleUpnp's playlist. I am not sure about the list in the library but I think that it is sorted by track number.

reread my previous answer carefully and have a look a this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=86307

XMBC issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes