[ROM] [05/27] MIUI 2.5.25 GB 2.3.7 + ICS Multilanguage for Milestone 2!

Search This thread

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Yep, If you know the basics, it should be hard to break it.

Some pc's dont like rdslite, dont know why. Just be careful to cover the basics before flashing your phone.

Guys, do you like miui? It's so nice this ROM. Maybe is not the fastest, but the work miui team did, it's amazing.

MIUI copies Apple iOS design and breaks some GPL agreements, because it is closed source...
But still is a good rom 0.o

Sent from my Milestone 2 XDA App

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Yes, I hear about MIUI and closed source. Maybe is not the proper way to protect his work, but really dont know.

I´d used iOS... and... MIUI looks a lot better than iOS :D

Themes are great. Detailed and with great personality. Look at this theme, guys, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMXtTBjCYpw besides the transformers per se, the work done is impressive.

Last edited:

Endless7

May 12, 2011
I´d ported MIUI 1.9.9 to milestone 2, applying all fixes from endless7 and r2beta.

Based on MIUI WajkIUI 1.9.9.

Changelog:

1. Browsing speed
Upgraded browser JavaScript engine to increase performance execution by 30%

2. Anti eaves-dropping
This weeks update features improved anti-eaves dropping, enable to prohibit app monitoring, monitoring of call information and other actions by third-party sources.

3. No SD card support for theme replacement, wallpapers, ringtones and other resources

System:
-New key shortcut (MI-Button) to allow for shortcuts to Home screen, Screenshot capture, Search and Call functions. (Supported on MI-ONE, Milestone and DesireZ)
Optimisation of account management interface and login / details

Phone:
-New automatic translation switch for APN setup (CMWAP networking can be set only)
-New novice user guide
-Improved anti-eaves dropping, enable to prohibit app monitoring, monitoring of call information and other actions by third-party sources.
-T9 Pinyin less optimal results when matching the number of contacts
-Fix in some cases lockscreen wallpaper cannot use full display
-Fix in some cases due to problems with sensors causing problems with ring tone fade when picking up and problems with flip to mute

Contacts:
-New novice user guide
-Add new contacts and support for restoring contacts from cloud backup
-Fixed inaccuracy of A to Z (e.g, when you press P, it says O)

Messaging:
-Optimisation of attachment into message recording, according to Mms automatically stop recording length limit.
-Modify message delivery to optimise the default ring tone
-Sending Mms fix in some cases inaccurate results
-Lockscreen, status bar and notifications:

-Added notification bar entrance of access control (simple mode)
-Fixed FC caused by pulling down notification bar while changing themes
-Fix status bar prompts novice user guide recurring problem
-Fixed the brightness turns into the lowest while pulling down the notification bar in Single Page Mode
-Fixed The lockscreen and music playback control appears while music is not finished playing
-Fix lockscreen time display problem

Launcher:
-Optimisation of long-press to open task manager opening speed
-Fix desktop widgets text display cutting off problems

Themes:
-No SD card support for theme replacement, wallpapers, ringtones and other resources
-Optimisation of local theme list loading speed
-Optimize the local style, and other major changes to the application to open when the animation style, from the bottom up, with the same style of system
-Page optimisation changes to sort local theme styles more efficiently
-Repair custom notification sound, alarm is displayed as the default
-Click for details page blank area leads FC problem
-Clicking the details page causes memory issues leading to FC
-Fix the local cache validation problems in some cases leading to problems effecting efficiency of loading

Gallery:
-Optimisation of thumbnail and large view quality
-Transparent image thumbnail display abnormal issue fixed problem
-Fixed abnormal ratio of wallpaper in landscape browsing mode

Camera:
-Camera is switched on immediately after repair of boot problems leading to FC
-Fix open photo playback, change brightness, contrast, saturation leading to FC

Browser:
-Upgraded JavaScript engine to (V8), execution of JavaScript pages increased by 30%
-Default navigation page optimisation for quick access to new bookmark items
-Fix quick access to sites, returning to navigation page does not refresh in a timely manner
-Fixed page dragging failure in Top sites

Music:
-Optimisation of the use of local album art and support for resizing.

File Explorer:
-Optimisation of headphone pull opens flight mode, no longer automatically exits radio app but instead shows a pop-up dialogue box

Backup:
-Optimisation of failed backup or items which abnormally cause failure, allow to delete corresponding items to continue backup
-Optimisation of cloud backup stability
-Fix SD card space warning, resolve issue leading to corruption in backups
-Fix issue with local backup alarm restore causing FC issue

Calendar:
-Optimisation when there is no account, the first time opening the calendar will give a prompt
-Fixed issue of delayed update of menu after login
-Exchange calendar fixes

Settings:
-Optimisation of the system volume, when set to 0 the volume will not output notification tones
-Optimisation of slider display segments
-Optimisation of Wi-Fi password prompt, pop-up will display asking to re-enter if password invalid

Use:

Flash UPDATE_199.zip from cwm 3.1.0.0 or similar http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1196590. Wipe cache, dalvik and factory reset (if you are coming from another rom). Reboot.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, IT COULD HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE, LIKE ANY OTHER CUSTOM ROM. IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLICK YOU MADE.

BUGS:

KB light not working at this moment. Shouldn´t be hard to fix. (FIXED, thanks to endless7)

Programs that need root access, wont request access (not all user are experiencing this (FIX: download superuser from market and you are done, you could also delete superuser.apk from /system/app, so you wont have two superuser icons) (FIXED)

Launcher has some problems. But I think are present on defys rom too. Im trying to fix before upload. (FIXED)

DOWNLOAD:

RC1: old

RC1_v2: old

RC2: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/X5QV0EOG/UPDATE_199RC2.zip_links

Fixes RC1_v2:

-cwm updated to 5.0.2
-build.prop tweaked a little
-dont remember

Fixes RC2:

-Keyboard light fix
-Little cleanup

Just think of something. MIUI 1.9.9 change root management. Now it will be disable in default. you should enable it in setting.

imakdevries

Jul 30, 2010
I tried to download the RC2 for three or four times now, and I keep getting the message ''bad'' when I try to flash it.

jamieelockey

Aug 27, 2010
Bedfordshire
i manged to brick my phone with this lol :p
i installed fine and restored apps with titanium back up fine, but i rebooted and then the phone just got stuck at the red M logo? pressed down when the blue led showed up and tried to go to latest recovery but it said that it didnt exist? and neaither did stable recovery? lol but anyway ive just rsd lite'd my phone and now im back to 2.2 :p if i root and instal CWM will i be able to restore my nand backup from cm7 i made before i flashed miui? :) dont know what i did wrong haha was a nice rom for all of 5 minutes i had it though well done

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Your nandroid backup should work, but better ask on cm7 thread.

You cant use titanium to restore from other rom. MIUI is not cm7. CM7 is almost stock android with fixes, improvements, etc.

MIUI is a heavy modded android rom.

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Added to first post how to fix keyboard light. It should take 30 secs :D

No need for RC2. All is working good. Will wait for new MIUI build.

Last edited:

WongJames

Dec 7, 2010
Can't use titanium to restore apps? it is only re-installing apps that shouldn't have anything related to cm7(or other roms)?

Your nandroid backup should work, but better ask on cm7 thread.

You cant use titanium to restore from other rom. MIUI is not cm7. CM7 is almost stock android with fixes, improvements, etc.

MIUI is a heavy modded android rom.

Sent from my Milestone 2 using XDA app

ryhoo2

I got problems with Rootexplorer too. I can't remount the SD card to R/W. I upgraded from the r2beta0 MiUI ROM, wiped cache/dalvik/battery. I tried to reinstall Super User, but the SuperOneClick also stopped working:(
Anyone has fixed that? Thanks!

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Can't use titanium to restore apps? it is only re-installing apps that shouldn't have anything related to cm7(or other roms)?

Sent from my Milestone 2 using XDA app

You can use it, but If you are reinstalling 100+ apps, expect to break something. Apps that work on cm7, could/couldnt work on miui.

About superoneclick, I dont get it, you cant use superoneclick with cm7 or miui. This roms are rooted. Latest miui blocks program that ask for root access. Just reinstall superuser and you are done. If rootexplorer ask for root permissions, it means is working fine.

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Superuser is free and downloadable from market :) No need to use external soft.

I was thinking about changing phone id in build.prop, but could break other things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I´d ported MIUI to milestone 2, applying all fixes from endless7 and r2beta.

Latest update based on MIUI WajkIUI 2.5.25.

Changelog:

Recommended updates:

Added support for WMA and APE music formats.
    Improved handling of returning to call from other applications.
    Major improvements to the gallery application
    For a full list of the changes please keep reading…

System:

New compass, Sound recorder, Flashlight effect of increasing the real vibration effect (Mione only) Fix in some cases the theme comes up garbled after applying Fix touch screen clicks in rapid succession causing inaccurate identification (Mione only) Fix in some cases touch-screen zoom operation problems (Mione only) Fix sliding switch control of the desktop, jittering reposition of the screen indicator (Mione only) Fix in some cases, low battery when the phone repeatedly restarts (Mione only)

Phone:

Added record call information into the new contact Optimisation of support for direct emergency calls directly (area code and emergency number not required, just the emergency number) Optimisation of the caller interface default display lockscreen picture Covering the distance sensor and then uncovering it while calling, the expanded keyboard will be folded

Contacts:

Added support to copy numbers of unknown contacts from the details page Added support to send a stranger (unknown contact) details page number Added new local account support group Importing vCard file will automatically remove delimeters (Chinese environment) Fix problem with editing contact details page, select the group and see the group name has been deleted Fix in some cases adding a contact to a group leads to FC problem

Backup manager:

Added support for local backup and restore (backup data compatible with 2.3 OS)

Browser:

Restoration of web site access issues for Jingdongs Mall web site, access to site could not be opened

Messaging:

New message page list for group selection Optimisation of the message list and bubble styles Download button problems with Mms fixed, download button does not download Fix problem where contact picture is not displayed in the Messaging app Click on picture will fix the error pop-up mass rapid action bar problem Clicking E-mail contact heading repair, pop-up shortcut bar does not display the right information

Lockscreen, status bar and notifications:

Added support for string operations on variety lockscreen (compare, selectm stitching etc) Added support for the return (back) key and press the volume key to unlock on the default lockscreen Added notification screenshot shortcut bar, click on the notification bar shortcut to take screenshots Optimisation of the USB switch style on the notification bar

Launcher (Desktop):

New MIUI desktop helper New lockscreen clock and photo frame widget Fix folder named ‘Pure Digital’ the folder does not show the problem

Other:

Added support for the power button to respond to alarm operations, i.e. turn off, snooze

Use:

Flash UPDATE_2.5.25.zip from cwm 4.x.x.x or greater http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1196590. Wipe cache, dalvik and factory reset (if you are coming from another rom). Reboot.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, IT COULD HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE, LIKE ANY OTHER CUSTOM ROM. IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLICK YOU MADE.

BUGS:

KB light not working (FIXED, go to settings->display->advance mode->"use custom" set to on->"edit other levels" change 0 to 255 on the first two keyboard inputs, then "save settings", done)(thanks to tweemee & endless7)

Launcher has some problems. But I think are present on defys rom too. Im trying to fix before upload. (FIXED)
    Main Downloads:

-1.9.9: old

-1.9.16: old

-1.9.23: old

-1.10.8: old

-1.10.21: old

-1.10.28: old

-1.11.11: old

-1.11.18: old

-1.12.02: old

-1.12.16: old

-2.1.6: old

-2.1.20: http://mir.cr/SVTHLZCY old

-2.2.3: http://mir.cr/7MHMD9A5 old

-2.2.17: http://mir.cr/0H65HXV5 old

-2.3.16: http://mir.cr/INYFQQV8 old

-2.4.20: http://mir.cr/VGKWDYL8 old

-2.5.25: http://mir.cr/M1TJOKGI

You can always check for mirrors (with no waiting time) or last builds here: http://death-force.com/index.php?action=downloads (thanks to deathsix17)

Additional Downloads:

-Stock cpu/vsel values (will make battery worse, only use if you have reboots to miui boot logo): http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1YRTSCON/STOCKVSELCPU.zip_links Flash with cwm.

-Milestone2toolbox: Allows to change baseband, cpu values, vsel levels, and many more (Could be dangerous if you dont know what you are doing): http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0XXLXBGG/Milestone2ToolBox.apk_links

-Volume Mod (change songs with volume keys, ONLY for 2.5.25): built in in rom.

-Launcher Pro: In case anyone prefer launcher pro instead of miui launcher. http://mir.cr/0YD6NTDX Flash with cwm. Wipe dalvik and cache.

-ICS (Android 4.0) Theme: In case you like ICS, there is a theme for MIUI based on ICS http://www.4shared.com/file/r2fZdq8Y/ICS_MIUI_Theme.html. Use a file browser to install it, just click on it.
    Changelog 2.5.25:

- optimized framework
    - optimized battery settings
    - optimized network settings
    - optimized phone settings
    - updated MiFileExplorer thnx to apooonet
    - removed Swipe to Remove Notification
    - removed Extended Settings Menu Options
    - removed Google Maps
    - optimized recent and added some new tweaks
    - updated Google Play to 3.5.19

Not sure why google maps was removed, please install it from market if you need it.

As always, thanks to wajk and miui team.
    2.4.20 released :)
    Hi guys :cowboy:

The source (wajk GB stable) hasn´t been updated since may. We are still on newest build.

Probably this rom will get one more update, and not much more.

v4 is still far from stable for everyday use.