FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AGPS Patch Inspire 4G 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,237

Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2011, 02:11 AM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt305

Well each time I flash a ROM, I wipe Davlik, format System, Data, then Cache. Then wipe all user data/factory reset. I'm using RCMix (obviously), and the GPS was working fine before. I tried the new Android Revolution and no GPS lock either, so I'm fairly sure it isn't the ROMs.

Haven't tried a wipe script however.

Try the full wipe that I use: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15057375/mer...L-WIPE-1.3.zip

Just so we're clear for other reading the thread, your GPS stopped functioning prior to trying this patch. You tried it as an attempt to get your GPS operational once again...

If you're somewhat brave and the phone's out of warranty, check out my second post on the thread. There are known hardware issues on some DHD and Inspire 4G phones. If you have some sturdy hands, that fix worked for someone else with a hardware problem who tried my patch before determining it to be so.
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
11th September 2011, 02:50 AM |#82  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 120

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Try the full wipe that I use: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15057375/mer...L-WIPE-1.3.zip

Just so we're clear for other reading the thread, your GPS stopped functioning prior to trying this patch. You tried it as an attempt to get your GPS operational once again...

If you're somewhat brave and the phone's out of warranty, check out my second post on the thread. There are known hardware issues on some DHD and Inspire 4G phones. If you have some sturdy hands, that fix worked for someone else with a hardware problem who tried my patch before determining it to be so.

Yep I'm one step ahead of you. That was the culprit, some dust on the contacts. Thanks for the assistance, and for posting that vid.
11th September 2011, 07:08 PM |#83  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I'll just add that I've been using this patch for a couple days and it's been great for quick gps locks! Thank you.
12th September 2011, 05:20 PM |#84  
Flag Duluth
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Seems to be working, thanks.
12th September 2011, 06:34 PM |#85  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget069

Seems to be working, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoffland

I'll just add that I've been using this patch for a couple days and it's been great for quick gps locks! Thank you.

Glad to hear it's been beneficial for you two. I'll get v1.2 up later today if I feel everyone deserves it!!!!!! Just kidding, it's on my list and should be done by 8pm CDT.
13th September 2011, 01:30 AM |#86  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Smile v1.2 is here!
Finally! Version 1.2 has arrived for your GPS-seeking pleasure. There were a few changes to the GPS configuration. I added a few variables and tweaked one.

Also, the alternate "world" version has a variable removed. The removed variable caused false GPS readings on older DHD devices. Any Inspire 4G or DesireHD user can use any of the three versions available for download as a v1.2 release.

I have some ideas for the next version and will get started on it in the next few days after I read feedback from this release.

Don't forget to click the "Thanks" button, to rate the thread with 5 stars, and to send a Paypal donation if you're feeling all gitty from GPS satisfaction.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
13th September 2011, 01:48 AM |#87  
Flag DC/MD/VA
Thanks Meter: 620

More
What do you recommend for people in the US? The US specific one or worldwide? Does it matter?
13th September 2011, 02:11 AM |#88  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Personally I use the worldwide version. It's just a difference in ntp pools. Should be the exact same plus or minus meaningless nano seconds.

The idea of different versions stemmed from two things when people were making GPS patches.
1. Devices don't work well with some variables especially if it's an older device, so easy to remove if based on certain regions.
2. There is a thought that timing is everything. So, for fear of a few seconds lost from NTP servers, people started using regional NTP servers. That should be a non-starter even on slower Edge networks.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

All, if you downloaded before 7:07pm CDT, redo the worldwide patches if you're having an issue. The alternate patch was served for both versions. Sorry. I have it fixed on the server.
13th September 2011, 02:38 AM |#89  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 692

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Finally! Version 1.2 has arrived for your GPS-seeking pleasure. There were a few changes to the GPS configuration. I added a few variables and tweaked one.

Also, the alternate "world" version has a variable removed. The removed variable caused false GPS readings on older DHD devices. Any Inspire 4G or DesireHD user can use any of the three versions available for download as a v1.2 release.

I have some ideas for the next version and will get started on it in the next few days after I read feedback from this release.

Don't forget to click the "Thanks" button, to rate the thread with 5 stars, and to send a Paypal donation if you're feeling all gitty from GPS satisfaction.

Thanks for your continued work on this!
13th September 2011, 05:03 AM |#90  
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I went from no GPS to wonderful GPS, this really works

Sent from my Inspire4G using xda premium
13th September 2011, 05:42 AM |#91  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenrb2

I went from no GPS to wonderful GPS, this really works

Thanks for letting me know!

I think this patch will work on a multitude of other devices. I'd like to start getting feedback in detail on that if anyone wants to experiment.
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, gps, inspire, lock, slow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)