Thanks Meter: 3

More
great~~

if opera WP7 version come out

i will lough when i was sleeping
11th September 2011, 09:36 PM |#2784  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I used to use opera all the time on my N95 and N97...but on the htc i am not really happy with it, at least not yet...btw, i use it on my laptop as well and it rocks.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
12th September 2011, 09:29 PM |#2785  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I love Opera Mini. Thanks for providing these updates
13th September 2011, 12:55 PM |#2786  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 361

Donate to Me
More
I've been using Opera Mobile 11 since it was released. It pretty much demolishes all the competition in both page loading speed and UI speed (2128ms in Sunspider vs 3849ms in Dolphin Mini using the Epic at 1.5ghz).

If you go to an article on Boston's The Big Picture you will see every other browser choke, but Opera seems to render it perfectly with minimal lag and keeps the full resolution images. The stock browser or any other browser it will crash sometimes, if it does not crash then it will scroll very slowly the first time. (example).

Another problem with other browsers, they don't render full size high-res images (~3mp+).
Here is an example, if you zoom to 100% you can easily read what the text underneath the window of the top plane says using Opera Mobile or a desktop browser. Now if you open that image with Boat, Dolphin, xScope, or the default browser you will find it much harder to read.

I believe Opera Mobile is the only browser on Android to utilize GPU acceleration, which probably has a lot to do with the smoothness.

The biggest problem I have with Opera Mobile is the start up time.. I deleted most of my bookmarks and it takes about 1 second to open (down from about 3 seconds), which is still quite a bit longer than the stock browser.

Another issue, sometimes it will say it the page load is complete, yet you can still see things loading on the page (for example, the Boston page above).. Even so, the page will still load nearly as fast as other browsers, that Boston page fully loaded in about 45 seconds in Opera Mobile and 40 seconds in Dolphin Mini (caches cleared on both).. It would be nice to know that the page is still loading.
13th September 2011, 07:00 PM |#2787  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question Different facebook mobile versions
Why does stock browser and opera mobile 11.10 have different facebook mobile versions? Same for gmail.

Facebook on:
stock browserClick image for larger version

Name:	stock browser on android 2.2.2.png
Views:	94
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	718708opera mobileClick image for larger version

Name:	opera mobile 11.10.png
Views:	80
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	718707

Gmail on:
stock browserClick image for larger version

Name:	stock.png
Views:	59
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	718724opera mobileClick image for larger version

Name:	opera mobile.png
Views:	63
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	718723

Prefer Opera Mobile to any other browser because of it's speed and ease of use but it's annoying that it can't show the newer mobile sites that look cleaner. Am I making sense
13th September 2011, 08:28 PM |#2788  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
It probably has to do with the single column view and how opera makes any page a mobile page.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
13th September 2011, 09:33 PM |#2789  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 361

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munguse

Why does stock browser and opera mobile 11.10 have different facebook mobile versions? Same for gmail.

Facebook on:
stock browserAttachment 718708opera mobileAttachment 718707

Gmail on:
stock browserAttachment 718724opera mobileAttachment 718723

Prefer Opera Mobile to any other browser because of it's speed and ease of use but it's annoying that it can't show the newer mobile sites that look cleaner. Am I making sense

It has to do with web developers not supporting Opera on mobile devices.

You can get around this by changing the user agent string in opera:config to an android/iphone user agent string, but things will not work 100% because some of the CSS is only supported by Webkit (Opera supports a good deal of the HTML5 spec, but needs Opera specific CSS to work correctly).
The Following User Says Thank You to tbob18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tbob18 Ad-Free
14th September 2011, 05:55 PM |#2790  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob18

It has to do with web developers not supporting Opera on mobile devices.

You can get around this by changing the user agent string in opera:config to an android/iphone user agent string, but things will not work 100% because some of the CSS is only supported by Webkit (Opera supports a good deal of the HTML5 spec, but needs Opera specific CSS to work correctly).

Thanks, found a fix here

Works with facebook but not google. Oh well
22nd September 2011, 08:14 AM |#2791  
Thanks Meter: 117

Donate to Me
More
Been using Opera Mobile 11.1 on Streak with stock 2.2.2 ROM. Phone skin automatically selected, which is fine. However, the buttons and overall widgets on Opera Mobile is enormously huge. Is there a way to override dpi settings for this? There doesn't seems to be reply on Opera Mobile forum
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread