FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WM6 HSDPA settings

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gadgetgoat, Junior Member on 19th December 2007, 05:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This forum has been a great help with setting up my new Trin100, dopod D810 version phone. I do have a couple of questions.

So right now this is what I have
ROM 2.0.8.1
Radio 1.46.00.11

My question has to do with the 3G / HSPDA setting for mobile 6. I am with FIDO in Canada and believe I have correctly set up the applicable settings.

In the settings tab / modem I have Fido with internet.fido.ca set for the number.
For modem I have Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G) set.
APN = internet.fido.ca
I have it set for “Use server-assigned IP address” and “Use server-assigned addresses” in the TCP/IP and Servers tabs respectively.
In the proxy settings tab I have internet.fido.ca set for proxy server.
In the advanced tab it shows.
HTTP internet.fido.ca:80
WAP http:0
Secure WAP
Socks internet.fido.ca:1080

Now it does show that it connects with the “H” icon just Explorer does not load the applicable pages. When I use Opera it seems to work fine.

Am I missing anything?

As well does anyone know if there is a way to limit or record data transfer, since the rates are so expensive with FIDO.

20th December 2007, 02:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetgoat

This forum has been a great help with setting up my new Trin100, dopod D810 version phone. I do have a couple of questions.

So right now this is what I have
ROM 2.0.8.1
Radio 1.46.00.11

My question has to do with the 3G / HSPDA setting for mobile 6. I am with FIDO in Canada and believe I have correctly set up the applicable settings.

In the settings tab / modem I have Fido with internet.fido.ca set for the number.
For modem I have Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G) set.
APN = internet.fido.ca
I have it set for “Use server-assigned IP address” and “Use server-assigned addresses” in the TCP/IP and Servers tabs respectively.
In the proxy settings tab I have internet.fido.ca set for proxy server.
In the advanced tab it shows.
HTTP internet.fido.ca:80
WAP http:0
Secure WAP
Socks internet.fido.ca:1080

Now it does show that it connects with the “H” icon just Explorer does not load the applicable pages. When I use Opera it seems to work fine.

Am I missing anything?

As well does anyone know if there is a way to limit or record data transfer, since the rates are so expensive with FIDO.

for usage control, you can try spb gprs monitor.
21st December 2007, 02:54 PM |#3  

More
Ip Dashboard
Try IP Dashboard. It's better.
22nd December 2007, 03:34 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary

More
Thanks for the suggestions. IP Dashboard is cheaper, on the other hand I use other spb software now. Of course now I see how many threads there are for data trackers
Now I just have to get the setting correctly. Of course FIDO will not help since it is not a FIDO phone.
In addition to my above post, I can not send MMS messages as well?
I am sure I am missing something easy.
22nd December 2007, 04:20 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary

More
I did find this.... of course I still can not send MMS

1. go to Start-> Settings, choose the Connections tab, choose Connections, then click on the “add a new modem connection” link.

2. call the connection Fido/Rogers Internet, and selet the Modem as Cellular Line (GPRS). Press Next.

3. Access Point Name, internet.fido.ca if you are on Fido or internet.com if you are on Rogers. Press Next.

4. User name and password are fido/fido if you are on Fido, or wapuser1/wap if you are on Rogers. As for domain, 205.151.011.011 for Fido or 208.200.067.150 for Rogers. Press finish.

5. add another connection, and call the new one Fido/Rogers MMS, Cellular Line (GPRS) modem. Press next.

6. Access point name, mms.fido.ca if you are on oFido or media.com if you are on Rogers. Press next.

7. User name and password are fido/fido if you are on Fido, or media/mda01 for Rogers. As for domain, 205.151.011.013 for Fido or 172.025.000.107 for rogers. Press finish.

8. go to start -> Messaging, Tools menu on the bottom, MMS Settings.

9. in the preferences tab, connect via “my ISP.” Go to the servers tab.

10. press New, for Server Name type in Fido/Rogers MMS, Gateway 205.151.011.013 for fido or 172.025.000.107 for rogers, port number is 9201 for both, Server Address is http://mms.fido.ca for fido and http://media.com for Rogers. Press OK.

11. set the new account you’ve just set up as default, then delete the default account.

12. you’re done!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)