Scrollable Startmenu

Search This thread

dilorenzo

Nov 8, 2005
Hello everbody,

ive just received my htc s730 and the first thing ive mentioned is that it isnt possible to scroll through the startmenu with the 5-way-key.(just the "more" button is available)

is there a registry trick to disable this behaviour?

Thanks in advance...

bigflavor

Jan 15, 2007
nyc
When (and if) you arrive on the idea that this isn't possible here's a solution:

1) reg hack to replace softkey with program
2) program open File Explorer to folder
3) populate folder with .lnk files (shortcuts)

[edit]

humm...

Last edited:

madferret

Dec 4, 2005
Edit HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Shell/StartMenu/Order to list the items you want to appear on the first screens.

In portrait mode there are 9 icons, so the 5th item is the one with the focus when you press the Start softkey. On screen 2 it will be the 14th in the list, etc.

This is my edited list:
Contacts.lnk
Calendar.lnk
Messaging.lnk
Internet Explorer.lnk
Task Manager.lnk
Call History.lnk
Total Commander.lnk
FreeUP RAM.lnk
Settings.lnk
Live Search.lnk
Google Maps.lnk
TomTom Mobile.lnk
Pictures & Videos.lnk
TCPMP.lnk
Windows Media.lnk
File Explorer.lnk
SKTools.lnk
Tasks.lnk
Office Mobile

Everything else then runs in alphabetical order.

Note that Office Mobile is a folder, so doesn't have the .lnk extension.

dilorenzo

Nov 8, 2005
Hello together,

you've perhaps missunderstood my problem.

when i open the startmenu on my s710, i can scroll trough the whole startmenu with my 5-way-nav-buttons, in fact i have a scrollbar on the right side.

But if i open the startmenu on my s730, i can just move between the 9 icons which are showed, if i want to scroll down (see the other icons), i'll have to press the left action button (the function is labled as "more")

Everything clear :)?

bigflavor

Jan 15, 2007
nyc
I totally understood and understand what you're speaking. If you re-read my previous post, you will understand that I understood what you were speaking.

Are you running WM6 on your s710?

JJM_730

Dec 17, 2007
Edit the following reg key:

\HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu\GridView

Value = 0: list view, uses arrow keys
Value = 1: grid view, uses "more" and "back" buttons

HTH,

J

dilorenzo

Nov 8, 2005
I totally understood and understand what you're speaking. If you re-read my previous post, you will understand that I understood what you were speaking.

Are you running WM6 on your s710?

I didnt even know that there is a s710 without wm6,
but mine is one with wm6

your solution is just a workaround. there must be a registry key or something similiar to do the trick

@JJM_730

the Grid view is activated on both devices!
thats actually what i want, but with a scrollbar

JJM_730

Dec 17, 2007
I think what you want is not possible with a simple registry hack. If you're lucky, you might be able to find something on your S710 if you nose around in the registry area I mentioned in my previous post.

J

bigflavor

Jan 15, 2007
nyc
I think what you want is not possible with a simple registry hack. If you're lucky, you might be able to find something on your S710 if you nose around in the registry area I mentioned in my previous post.

J

good point....

http://www.divshare.com/download/3160836-897 << ceremote tools has a remote registry reader... select WM5 device and it will install a few programs and DLLs on your device... tehn connect (the WM5 device will work with WM6 devices)

you can export your whole registry of each phone, then use a program like reg cool or examdiff or regsnap to compare them.

I don't have an s710, so it's all up to you JJM_730, it's all up to you. SAve us from the "More."

bigflavor

Jan 15, 2007
nyc

J

ehhh chemm....

good point....

http://www.divshare.com/download/3160836-897 << ceremote tools has a remote registry reader... select WM5 device and it will install a few programs and DLLs on your device... tehn connect (the WM5 device will work with WM6 devices)

you can export your whole registry of each phone, then use a program like reg cool or examdiff or regsnap to compare them.

I don't have an s710, so it's all up to you dilorenzo, it's all up to you. SAve us from the "More."

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
Capture_3.bmp

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
Girls and Boys... I have finally found it! :D

Scrollbar support is here:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Shell