[MODS] MIUI Tweaks/Add-ons for O2X

Search This thread

Higgsy

Oct 16, 2009
Smethvegas
FOR OWAIN'S TWEAKS SEE POST 2! IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION PLEASE STATE WHICH MOD/TWEAK IT RELATES TO WHEN YOU POST

I've set up this thread up to list some of the tweaks/add ons which I use with MIUI, and make them accessible in one place rather then strewn across various topics. All mods have been tested by me, I don't take any responsibility for anyones phones getting messed up - use at your own risk etc.

Some of this is other peoples work packaged for the O2X and where it is I will make it clear where its come from and post links to the original threads.
If people want to share their tweaks/add ons feel free to send them to me and I will put them on here too.

Current Mods:

Extended Settings/4 way reboot /GPS.conf package. Latest 1.12.30 V2 Updated 03/01/12

Original Threads:

Extended settings by Andrew Thompson:
http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?7738-MOD-Extended-Settings-Menu-Options

4 way reboot by Roenano:
http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?5651-MOD-4-Way-Reboot-1.9.9

GPS.conf came via a CM7 tweak pack made by Owain94

It comes in 2 flavours:

Overscroll
Non Overscroll

I will update the above weekly once the Devs have released their updates. Please don't post nagging asking where the next version is. I will endeavour to update it in a timely fashion after all I want the update too! All credits to the Devs – I just package this for O2X users. [Flash by CWM]

CM7 Camera[Latest From CM Nightly 204 (16/11/11), Updated 28/11/11] Removes the MIUI camera and flashes the CM7 camera and associated profiles. I believe the picture quality is better with the CM7 camera and it offers full 1080p HD video recording @ 29fps. [Flash by CWM]

Five points lockscreen mod for CM7 camera (FivePointsStockCam.mtz) I found the camera option on the five points lockscreen that I like didn't work when flashing the CM7 camera – so I modified it to work. [Apply as a theme]

Five points lockscreen with music controls/unread call/sms count for for CM7 camera (FivePointsMusicStockCam.mtz) As the above but with lockscreen music controls, modded from the original thread by Nuwan32 found here I just made the camera option work with the CM7 camera. NB: You need to double tap the lock button to show/hide the music controls. [Apply as a theme]

Ice Cream Sandwich Lockscreen for CM7 camera (ICS_LS_Stock_Cam.mtz) Modded from the original thread by picard666 (Fodi) found here I just made the camera option work with the CM7 camera, if you like please thank/donate in the original thread. NB: You need to double tap the clock to show/hide the music controls. [Apply as a theme]

Google search This replaces the MIUI search function with the standard Google search, so when you press the search button you get a Google search. [Flash by CWM]

External to Internal SD Mod [Latest 1.12.30, Updated 02/01/12] This mod mounts the external SD card as main storage and adds link to the internal SD within that. It resolves the SD mount issues that freeze the phone. I will update this weekly as it requires amending the build.prop. The idea originally came by imperticus (I think) who posted this for the 1.7.29 release. [Flash by CWM]

Download all from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lxte8690011rp

Before flashing any of these mods as ever please make a nandroid backup, so if anything goes wrong you can recover your phone

Owain94 has asked me for the second post so he can share more cool mods with you so its over to him..........

Last edited:

owain94

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
The most advance tweak pack for MIUI o2x out there!

Ok guys read this carefully! you need to hit the thanks button on higgsy his post! :D

• Current version:
    • V3.5

• This tweaks will:
    • Auto zipalign your apps on boot
    • Boost your apps like an ODEX ROM but now without the annoying ODEXing
    • Disable kernel logger
    • Save some battery juice
    • Let your device respond better on black screen after call
    • Scrolling will be smoother
    • Make your phone a bit faster
    • Raise jpg quality
    • Give a bit better overal screen quality
    • Disable debugging notify icon
    • Raise photo and video recording quality
    • Speed your network connection up a bit
    • Removes journalism
    • Flags blocks non-rotational
    • Better sd card reading speed
    • Defrags database files
    • Disable normalize sleeper
    • Juwes ram script thanks juwe!
    • Loopy smoothness thanks original maker!
    • Give you the almost best mounting options! (the best will **** up super user)
    • Android can force close programs from memory when it has not enough free RAM
    • Mount SDCards like /mnt/sdcard¹/_InternalSD²
    • Activate Gtalk video and audio calling
    • Sony BRAVIA engine
    • Sony XLOUD engine
    • Sony MegaBass engine <- almost working
    • Sony Xperia Play Game Launcher <- almost working
    • ODEX
    • Sony Timescape <- almost working
    • Will slow down your boot a bit (this is because all of the scripts it need to run sorry guys you can't have everything...)
      ¹ = External SD
      ² = Internal SD

• Explanation:
    • Init.d:
      • Init.d is a folder in /system/etc, this folder contain several files all the names begin with a number.
        These files are all scripts basically they are all ".sh" or "shell" scripts the kernel will execute all these script in order from 1 to 99
        These scripts contain most of the time tweaks, every time you will boot up your device the kernel will execute all these files
    • Build.prop:
      • Build.prop is kinda like a file that hold settings. You can add several setting in it and change them or delete them
    • Host file:
      • The Hosts file is like an address book. When you type an address like www.yahoo.com into your browser, the Hosts file is consulted to see if you have the IP address, or "telephone number," for that site. If you do, then your device will "call it" and the site will open. If not, your computer will ask your ISP's (internet service provider) computer for the phone number before it can "call" that site. Most of the time, you do not have addresses in your "address book," because you have not put any there. Therefore, most of the time your device asks for the IP address from your ISP to find sites.
        If you put ad server names into your Hosts file with your own device IP address, your device will never be able to contact the ad server. It will try to, but it will be simply calling itself and get a "busy signal" of sorts. Your device will then give up calling the ad server and no ads will be loaded, nor will any tracking take place.
    • Vold.fstab:
      • Vold.fstab is the file that will mount your sdcard(s) you can define in there where you want to mount the sdcard.
        Like LG does /sdcard/_ExternalSD <- weird LG table
        Like the most on xda do /sdcard/_InternalSD <- our modified weird LG table
        or like CM does /emmc and /sdcard <- stock android
    • Zipalign:
      • Zipalign is an archive alignment tool that provides important optimization to Android application (.apk (Android Package) files. The purpose is to ensure that all uncompressed data starts with a particular alignment relative to the start of the file. Specifically, it causes all uncompressed data within the .apk, such as images or raw files, to be aligned on 4-byte boundaries. This allows all portions to be accessed directly with mmap() even if they contain binary data with alignment restrictions. The benefit is a reduction in the amount of RAM consumed when running the application.
    • Gtalk:
      • Gtalk is a sort of sms service but then over the internet you can add anyone with a google mail account
        on stock the Audio and Video calling wasn't working caused by the NEON lack of the Tegra2
        some guys over at Cyanogenmod forums fount an work around for it and fixed it so it is working like it should be
    • SD reading speed:
      • SDcard reading speed is in android by default 128kb (correct me if im wrong about this) this is very very and really very low!
        so if we increase the cache for reading the SDcard it will be much faster up to 14 times!
        every SDcard works better or worse with a different cache size i added 2048 (of i remember right) for the cache,
        this is for the most SDcard out here the best size when it is not the right size don't worry it still will be much faster then it was with the default!
    • Tegra2:
      • The Tegra2 is a nice and really powerfull processor! it has 2 cores the only problem with it is...
        the second core will only be activated when it is really needed so when you play a really nice game
        but it would be better for us to just activate it by default and use it so the both cores can clocked lower overall
        since we are lucky and we got officially MIUI and CM support this is already build in in the MIUI release
    • After call black screen:
      • When you end a call and remove the phone from your ear you will get a Black screen for a couple seconds.
        this is very annoying this is caused by the proximity sensor it will check each x seconds is you got the phone still next to your ear.
        The problem is between those 2 checks the screen will remain black!
        I reduced the time between the checks so the black screen will be vanish much sooner.
        This will cost a little bit more battery but it is worth it

if i made some mistake in the explanations of the above things please tell me so i can correct it

• How to install:
    • If you are new to MIUI or if you are coming from another ROM
      1. Flash "back to ext 3" available here (mediafire) and here (multiupload) (this is optional but i recommend it!)
      2. Download and install the MIUI you want i recommend MIUIandroid version or MIUI.us version
      3. Reboot you device wait till it is fully booted
      4. Reboot your device to recovery
      5. Follow the instruction right underneath here

If you are already running MIUI OR if you are updating from an older version of my tweak pack OR if you have rebooted your device atleast once with MIUI on it
      1. Download "Tweaks-v*-.*zip"¹ for you MIUI version right here (all versions (on mediafire)
      2. Put "Tweaks-v*-.*zip"¹ in the root of your SDCard
      3. Boot into recovery
      4. Select "Install zip from sdcard"
      5. Select "Choose zip from sdcard"
      6. Select "Tweaks-v*-.*zip"¹
      7. Select "Yes"
      8. Wait for the installation to finish
      9. Select "+++++Go Back+++++"
      10. Select "Reboot system now"
      11. Wait till it is fully booted
        ----OPTIONAL---
      12. Reboot to recovery again
      13. Install your favorite Kernel!

Yes the Reboots are needed!
        NOTE!: sd normal version is sd mounting like lg does so /mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD
        ¹ = Tweaks-v*-.*zip means "tweaks version² for MIUI build version³ please choose the corresponding tweak for your system!
        ² = Version of the tweak check changelog for detailed information
        ³ = Version of your MIUI system you can see this in Settings -> System -> About this phone -> Build number

• Sneak peak:
    • V4 will get:
      • Flag support like in Vorkkernel(already thank you so much benee and killjacken for the awesome idea and the awesome scripts!)
      • Even more tweaks!
      • for full changelog you will need to wait :D

• Changelog:
    • Date: 13.11.11 Time: 06:12:31 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded 1.11.11¹ version
      • Updated kernel to version 13112011 huge thanks to fajarep
        ¹ = MIUI system build number

• Date: 30.10.11 Time: 02:14:32 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3.5 for 1.10.28¹

• V3.5:
          • Huge thanks to fajarep for his awesome swiftextreme kernel it is now included!
          • Market fix so it will see all your installed apps again
          • Added the beautiful TouchWiz Wallpapers, Notification sounds, Alarms and Ringtones
          • Added DSPmanager, Geniewidget, News&Weather and SpareParts
          • Added LG keyboard en removed GB keyboard
          • Added roboto font (ICS font) for the people that still using default theme
          • Added preparations for Sony Timescape, xperia play game launcher and MegaBass (will work within a short time)
          • Lots of build.prop tweaks
          • The custom host file is back again for blocking adds
          • Added bootsound if you want to enable it open /system/build.prop scroll to the end and change bootsound=0 to bootsound=1
            If you want another sound just place a mp3 in /system/media with the name "android_audio.mp3"

• Date: 30.10.11 Time: 02:47:37 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3.4 for 1.10.28¹

• V3.4:
          • ODEXing for system/app and /system/framework
          • Overall booting speed should be bit faster now
          • Fancy updater-script just because i like it =D
          • Permission fix included so sound settings doesn't FC anymore

• Date: 28.10.11 Time: 04:16:38 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded 1.10.28¹ version

• Date: ??.10.11 Time: ??:??:?? ?? Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded 1.10.21 version

• Date: 14.10.11 Time: 04:14:19 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded 1.10.14¹ version
      • Deleted 1.9.23¹, 1.9.30¹ and 1.10.8¹ folders you should use .14 it is based on the new stable!

• Date: 13.10.11 Time: 03:23:19 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3.3 for 1.9.23¹, 1.9.30¹, 1.10.8¹
      • Deleted v3.2 files from folders to avoid confusion

• Date: 10.10.11 Time: 00:01:05 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded 1.10.8¹ version
      • Deleted 1.9.16¹ folder i will only support the 3 last MIUI versions!

• Date: 30.9.11 Time: 3:01:11 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded 1.9.30¹ version sdcard like MIUI wise and XDA wise
      • Deleted 1.9.9¹ folder i will only support the 3 last MIUI versions!

• Date: 25.9.11 Time: 3:34:41 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded an new version for people with no external SD for 1.9.23¹ 1.9.16¹ 1.9.9¹
      • Deleted 1.9.2 folder i will only support the 3 last MIUI versions!

• Date: 23.9.11 Time: 2:18:21 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3.2 for 1.9.23¹

• Date: 21.9.11 Time: 00:51:08 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3.2 for 1.9.9¹ and 1.9.2¹

• Date: 21.9.11 Time: 00:42:23 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3.2 for 1.9.16¹
          • Added some extra tweaks
          • Optimized Loopy Smoothness so the execution of the script will be faster and it won't execute so much useless lines
          • Deleted first boot script wasn't working anyway

• Date: 20.9.11 Time: 5:38:57 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3.1 for 1.9.9¹ and 1.9.2¹

• Date: 20.9.11 Time: 5:20:28 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3.1 for 1.9.16¹ (1.9.9¹ and 1.9.2 are coming soon!)
          • Deleted all the hidden files mac os x did add to the zip
            ¹ = The engine made by Sony for a bit better screen quality and color enhancements
            ² = Also an engine by Sony for sound enhancements (please tell my if you can hear improvements i don't know if it works (bad ears :( ))

• Date: 16.9.11 Time: 2:46:43 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Deleted tweaks for 1.8.26¹, 1.8.19¹ and 1.8.12¹ (seems like no one need them)
      • Uploaded v3 for 1.9.2¹ and 1.9.9¹

• Date: 19.9.11 Time: 1:03:18 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v3 for 1.9.16¹
          • No need to delete dalvik cache²!
          • Check "How to install" section for new instructions
          • Deleted patched host file³ since some people didn't liked it (you can get it with this app)
            ¹ = The ext4 or fourth extended filesystem is a journaling file system for Linux
            ² = Cache for the dalvik engine
            ³ = A file that block advertisements

• Date: 16.9.11 Time: 6:39:24 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v2 for 1.9.2¹, 1.8.26¹, 1.8.19¹ and 1.8.12¹ (didn't test them so please report back to me if they don't work!)

• Date: 16.9.11 Time: 6:30:40 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Uploaded v2 for 1.9.9¹

¹ = Google talk
            ² = I did typ something wrong

• Date: 16.9.11 Time: 05:42:19 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
      • Public release

• Disclaimer:
    • All mods have been tested by me. I don't take any
      responsibility for anyones phones, cats or dogs
      getting messed up - use at your own risk etc.

• Credits:
    • Fajarep
    • Trey Motes
    • MIUI china team
    • Higssy
    • Benee
    • Kiljacken
    • Juwe
      Not necessarily in this order

• If you read this then thanks for reading the whole post!
      if i made your day with this tweak pack, please make my day and click the thanks button!

Last edited:

orlox

Feb 6, 2011
Tell me. How is going to help having a faster phone by coping quadrant to memory everytime in the startup? Placibo effect?

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
Tell me. How is going to help having a faster phone by coping quadrant to memory everytime in the startup? Placibo effect?

lol thanks for saying that to me mate!
i did that quadrant hack test a couple weeks ago but never deleted the code from my init.d :eek:
i just did a adb pull for my init.d folder it was faster
those two lines will be deleted in v3 :D

and btw quadrant will be giving lower scores
but it not about scores...
who cares about that
it is about how the phone feels!
am i right?

orlox

Feb 6, 2011
yes you are ;)
What does that smooth script does? Its above me. Tryed it with gscript I didnt notice any differece but again i am in cm and I use go launcher

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
yes you are ;)
What does that smooth script does? Its above me. Tryed it with gscript I didnt notice any differece but again i am in cm and I use go launcher

you mean the loopy smoothness script?
it make thing smoother =D

go launcher isn't in there but animations and scrolling in the apps that are in the script
are a bit smoother and the opening of them is a bit faster
you only see it when you pay good attention on it but i think it is a nice thing to have :D

EDIT:
v3 script is almost ready so you only have to flash it and don't manully need to install an ext4 kernel and wipe dalvik cache but i have to go to school now :eek:
i will finish it on school and upload it for all the miui version when im home again!
optimized loopy smoothness so it won't execute so much useless code

Last edited:

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
will this only work on MIUI roms?

im using Fearkill's Fr19 + Neoblaze kernel

if it is ext4 kernel you can try to flash the tweaks if you want...
they might work i don't say they will and i don't say they don't
there is a chance it will boot up fine!
just make an NANDROID backup in recovery just to be safe!

Edit:
something must have changed in .16 i can't get it to work every time it will hang on boot...
cant work on it today and tomorrow im sorry guys so i hope i find the issue the day after tomorrow
again sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: helldroid04

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR OWAIN'S TWEAKS SEE POST 2! IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION PLEASE STATE WHICH MOD/TWEAK IT RELATES TO WHEN YOU POST

I've set up this thread up to list some of the tweaks/add ons which I use with MIUI, and make them accessible in one place rather then strewn across various topics. All mods have been tested by me, I don't take any responsibility for anyones phones getting messed up - use at your own risk etc.

Some of this is other peoples work packaged for the O2X and where it is I will make it clear where its come from and post links to the original threads.
    If people want to share their tweaks/add ons feel free to send them to me and I will put them on here too.

Current Mods:

Extended Settings/4 way reboot /GPS.conf package. Latest 1.12.30 V2 Updated 03/01/12

Original Threads:

Extended settings by Andrew Thompson:
    http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?7738-MOD-Extended-Settings-Menu-Options

4 way reboot by Roenano:
    http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?5651-MOD-4-Way-Reboot-1.9.9

GPS.conf came via a CM7 tweak pack made by Owain94

It comes in 2 flavours:

Overscroll
    Non Overscroll

I will update the above weekly once the Devs have released their updates. Please don't post nagging asking where the next version is. I will endeavour to update it in a timely fashion after all I want the update too! All credits to the Devs – I just package this for O2X users. [Flash by CWM]

CM7 Camera[Latest From CM Nightly 204 (16/11/11), Updated 28/11/11] Removes the MIUI camera and flashes the CM7 camera and associated profiles. I believe the picture quality is better with the CM7 camera and it offers full 1080p HD video recording @ 29fps. [Flash by CWM]

Five points lockscreen mod for CM7 camera (FivePointsStockCam.mtz) I found the camera option on the five points lockscreen that I like didn't work when flashing the CM7 camera – so I modified it to work. [Apply as a theme]

Five points lockscreen with music controls/unread call/sms count for for CM7 camera (FivePointsMusicStockCam.mtz) As the above but with lockscreen music controls, modded from the original thread by Nuwan32 found here I just made the camera option work with the CM7 camera. NB: You need to double tap the lock button to show/hide the music controls. [Apply as a theme]

Ice Cream Sandwich Lockscreen for CM7 camera (ICS_LS_Stock_Cam.mtz) Modded from the original thread by picard666 (Fodi) found here I just made the camera option work with the CM7 camera, if you like please thank/donate in the original thread. NB: You need to double tap the clock to show/hide the music controls. [Apply as a theme]

Google search This replaces the MIUI search function with the standard Google search, so when you press the search button you get a Google search. [Flash by CWM]

External to Internal SD Mod [Latest 1.12.30, Updated 02/01/12] This mod mounts the external SD card as main storage and adds link to the internal SD within that. It resolves the SD mount issues that freeze the phone. I will update this weekly as it requires amending the build.prop. The idea originally came by imperticus (I think) who posted this for the 1.7.29 release. [Flash by CWM]

Download all from here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?lxte8690011rp

Before flashing any of these mods as ever please make a nandroid backup, so if anything goes wrong you can recover your phone

Owain94 has asked me for the second post so he can share more cool mods with you so its over to him..........
    The most advance tweak pack for MIUI o2x out there!

Ok guys read this carefully! you need to hit the thanks button on higgsy his post! :D

• Current version:
      • V3.5

• This tweaks will:
      • Auto zipalign your apps on boot
      • Boost your apps like an ODEX ROM but now without the annoying ODEXing
      • Disable kernel logger
      • Save some battery juice
      • Let your device respond better on black screen after call
      • Scrolling will be smoother
      • Make your phone a bit faster
      • Raise jpg quality
      • Give a bit better overal screen quality
      • Disable debugging notify icon
      • Raise photo and video recording quality
      • Speed your network connection up a bit
      • Removes journalism
      • Flags blocks non-rotational
      • Better sd card reading speed
      • Defrags database files
      • Disable normalize sleeper
      • Juwes ram script thanks juwe!
      • Loopy smoothness thanks original maker!
      • Give you the almost best mounting options! (the best will **** up super user)
      • Android can force close programs from memory when it has not enough free RAM
      • Mount SDCards like /mnt/sdcard¹/_InternalSD²
      • Activate Gtalk video and audio calling
      • Sony BRAVIA engine
      • Sony XLOUD engine
      • Sony MegaBass engine <- almost working
      • Sony Xperia Play Game Launcher <- almost working
      • ODEX
      • Sony Timescape <- almost working
      • Will slow down your boot a bit (this is because all of the scripts it need to run sorry guys you can't have everything...)
        ¹ = External SD
        ² = Internal SD

• Explanation:
      • Init.d:
        • Init.d is a folder in /system/etc, this folder contain several files all the names begin with a number.
          These files are all scripts basically they are all ".sh" or "shell" scripts the kernel will execute all these script in order from 1 to 99
          These scripts contain most of the time tweaks, every time you will boot up your device the kernel will execute all these files
      • Build.prop:
        • Build.prop is kinda like a file that hold settings. You can add several setting in it and change them or delete them
      • Host file:
        • The Hosts file is like an address book. When you type an address like www.yahoo.com into your browser, the Hosts file is consulted to see if you have the IP address, or "telephone number," for that site. If you do, then your device will "call it" and the site will open. If not, your computer will ask your ISP's (internet service provider) computer for the phone number before it can "call" that site. Most of the time, you do not have addresses in your "address book," because you have not put any there. Therefore, most of the time your device asks for the IP address from your ISP to find sites.
          If you put ad server names into your Hosts file with your own device IP address, your device will never be able to contact the ad server. It will try to, but it will be simply calling itself and get a "busy signal" of sorts. Your device will then give up calling the ad server and no ads will be loaded, nor will any tracking take place.
      • Vold.fstab:
        • Vold.fstab is the file that will mount your sdcard(s) you can define in there where you want to mount the sdcard.
          Like LG does /sdcard/_ExternalSD <- weird LG table
          Like the most on xda do /sdcard/_InternalSD <- our modified weird LG table
          or like CM does /emmc and /sdcard <- stock android
      • Zipalign:
        • Zipalign is an archive alignment tool that provides important optimization to Android application (.apk (Android Package) files. The purpose is to ensure that all uncompressed data starts with a particular alignment relative to the start of the file. Specifically, it causes all uncompressed data within the .apk, such as images or raw files, to be aligned on 4-byte boundaries. This allows all portions to be accessed directly with mmap() even if they contain binary data with alignment restrictions. The benefit is a reduction in the amount of RAM consumed when running the application.
      • Gtalk:
        • Gtalk is a sort of sms service but then over the internet you can add anyone with a google mail account
          on stock the Audio and Video calling wasn't working caused by the NEON lack of the Tegra2
          some guys over at Cyanogenmod forums fount an work around for it and fixed it so it is working like it should be
      • SD reading speed:
        • SDcard reading speed is in android by default 128kb (correct me if im wrong about this) this is very very and really very low!
          so if we increase the cache for reading the SDcard it will be much faster up to 14 times!
          every SDcard works better or worse with a different cache size i added 2048 (of i remember right) for the cache,
          this is for the most SDcard out here the best size when it is not the right size don't worry it still will be much faster then it was with the default!
      • Tegra2:
        • The Tegra2 is a nice and really powerfull processor! it has 2 cores the only problem with it is...
          the second core will only be activated when it is really needed so when you play a really nice game
          but it would be better for us to just activate it by default and use it so the both cores can clocked lower overall
          since we are lucky and we got officially MIUI and CM support this is already build in in the MIUI release
      • After call black screen:
        • When you end a call and remove the phone from your ear you will get a Black screen for a couple seconds.
          this is very annoying this is caused by the proximity sensor it will check each x seconds is you got the phone still next to your ear.
          The problem is between those 2 checks the screen will remain black!
          I reduced the time between the checks so the black screen will be vanish much sooner.
          This will cost a little bit more battery but it is worth it

if i made some mistake in the explanations of the above things please tell me so i can correct it

• How to install:
      • If you are new to MIUI or if you are coming from another ROM
        1. Flash "back to ext 3" available here (mediafire) and here (multiupload) (this is optional but i recommend it!)
        2. Download and install the MIUI you want i recommend MIUIandroid version or MIUI.us version
        3. Reboot you device wait till it is fully booted
        4. Reboot your device to recovery
        5. Follow the instruction right underneath here

If you are already running MIUI OR if you are updating from an older version of my tweak pack OR if you have rebooted your device atleast once with MIUI on it
        1. Download "Tweaks-v*-.*zip"¹ for you MIUI version right here (all versions (on mediafire)
        2. Put "Tweaks-v*-.*zip"¹ in the root of your SDCard
        3. Boot into recovery
        4. Select "Install zip from sdcard"
        5. Select "Choose zip from sdcard"
        6. Select "Tweaks-v*-.*zip"¹
        7. Select "Yes"
        8. Wait for the installation to finish
        9. Select "+++++Go Back+++++"
        10. Select "Reboot system now"
        11. Wait till it is fully booted
          ----OPTIONAL---
        12. Reboot to recovery again
        13. Install your favorite Kernel!

Yes the Reboots are needed!
          NOTE!: sd normal version is sd mounting like lg does so /mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD
          ¹ = Tweaks-v*-.*zip means "tweaks version² for MIUI build version³ please choose the corresponding tweak for your system!
          ² = Version of the tweak check changelog for detailed information
          ³ = Version of your MIUI system you can see this in Settings -> System -> About this phone -> Build number

• Sneak peak:
      • V4 will get:
        • Flag support like in Vorkkernel(already thank you so much benee and killjacken for the awesome idea and the awesome scripts!)
        • Even more tweaks!
        • for full changelog you will need to wait :D

• Changelog:
      • Date: 13.11.11 Time: 06:12:31 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded 1.11.11¹ version
        • Updated kernel to version 13112011 huge thanks to fajarep

• Date: 30.10.11 Time: 02:14:32 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3.5 for 1.10.28¹

• V3.5:
            • Huge thanks to fajarep for his awesome swiftextreme kernel it is now included!
            • Market fix so it will see all your installed apps again
            • Added the beautiful TouchWiz Wallpapers, Notification sounds, Alarms and Ringtones
            • Added DSPmanager, Geniewidget, News&Weather and SpareParts
            • Added LG keyboard en removed GB keyboard
            • Added roboto font (ICS font) for the people that still using default theme
            • Added preparations for Sony Timescape, xperia play game launcher and MegaBass (will work within a short time)
            • Lots of build.prop tweaks
            • The custom host file is back again for blocking adds
            • Added bootsound if you want to enable it open /system/build.prop scroll to the end and change bootsound=0 to bootsound=1
              If you want another sound just place a mp3 in /system/media with the name "android_audio.mp3"

• Date: 30.10.11 Time: 02:47:37 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3.4 for 1.10.28¹

• V3.4:
            • ODEXing for system/app and /system/framework
            • Overall booting speed should be bit faster now
            • Fancy updater-script just because i like it =D
            • Permission fix included so sound settings doesn't FC anymore

• Date: 28.10.11 Time: 04:16:38 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded 1.10.28¹ version

• Date: ??.10.11 Time: ??:??:?? ?? Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded 1.10.21 version

• Date: 14.10.11 Time: 04:14:19 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded 1.10.14¹ version
        • Deleted 1.9.23¹, 1.9.30¹ and 1.10.8¹ folders you should use .14 it is based on the new stable!

• Date: 13.10.11 Time: 03:23:19 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3.3 for 1.9.23¹, 1.9.30¹, 1.10.8¹
        • Deleted v3.2 files from folders to avoid confusion

• Date: 10.10.11 Time: 00:01:05 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded 1.10.8¹ version
        • Deleted 1.9.16¹ folder i will only support the 3 last MIUI versions!

• Date: 30.9.11 Time: 3:01:11 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded 1.9.30¹ version sdcard like MIUI wise and XDA wise
        • Deleted 1.9.9¹ folder i will only support the 3 last MIUI versions!

• Date: 25.9.11 Time: 3:34:41 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded an new version for people with no external SD for 1.9.23¹ 1.9.16¹ 1.9.9¹
        • Deleted 1.9.2 folder i will only support the 3 last MIUI versions!

• Date: 23.9.11 Time: 2:18:21 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3.2 for 1.9.23¹

• Date: 21.9.11 Time: 00:51:08 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3.2 for 1.9.9¹ and 1.9.2¹

• Date: 21.9.11 Time: 00:42:23 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3.2 for 1.9.16¹
            • Added some extra tweaks
            • Optimized Loopy Smoothness so the execution of the script will be faster and it won't execute so much useless lines
            • Deleted first boot script wasn't working anyway

• Date: 20.9.11 Time: 5:38:57 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3.1 for 1.9.9¹ and 1.9.2¹

• Date: 20.9.11 Time: 5:20:28 PM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3.1 for 1.9.16¹ (1.9.9¹ and 1.9.2 are coming soon!)
            • Deleted all the hidden files mac os x did add to the zip
              ¹ = The engine made by Sony for a bit better screen quality and color enhancements
              ² = Also an engine by Sony for sound enhancements (please tell my if you can hear improvements i don't know if it works (bad ears :( ))

• Date: 16.9.11 Time: 2:46:43 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Deleted tweaks for 1.8.26¹, 1.8.19¹ and 1.8.12¹ (seems like no one need them)
        • Uploaded v3 for 1.9.2¹ and 1.9.9¹

• Date: 19.9.11 Time: 1:03:18 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v3 for 1.9.16¹
            • No need to delete dalvik cache²!
            • Check "How to install" section for new instructions
            • Deleted patched host file³ since some people didn't liked it (you can get it with this app)
              ¹ = The ext4 or fourth extended filesystem is a journaling file system for Linux
              ² = Cache for the dalvik engine
              ³ = A file that block advertisements

• Date: 16.9.11 Time: 6:39:24 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v2 for 1.9.2¹, 1.8.26¹, 1.8.19¹ and 1.8.12¹ (didn't test them so please report back to me if they don't work!)

• Date: 16.9.11 Time: 6:30:40 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Uploaded v2 for 1.9.9¹

¹ = Google talk
              ² = I did typ something wrong

• Date: 16.9.11 Time: 05:42:19 AM Zone: GMT+2 (CET)
        • Public release

• Disclaimer:
      • All mods have been tested by me. I don't take any
        responsibility for anyones phones, cats or dogs
        getting messed up - use at your own risk etc.

• Credits:
      • Fajarep
      • Trey Motes
      • MIUI china team
      • Higssy
      • Benee
      • Kiljacken
      • Juwe
        Not necessarily in this order

• If you read this then thanks for reading the whole post!
        if i made your day with this tweak pack, please make my day and click the thanks button!
    sorry guys for the super long delay i was on christmas holiday but i think you will understand that :)

i am uploading the tweak files right now!

have fun!
    hmm, it seem he's top updating, and like usual I need the external sd card mod for the latest version

http://www.mediafire.com/?ov51x8wqsl5xf here you go :)
    Is there any tweakpack coming?
    I can't get the one's on the the other site to flash.

Sent from my MIUI powered Optimus 2X with SwiftExtreme kernel

it is already updated a couple days ago :confused:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p78fppqfofwp1