[Q] Rooting HTC Sensation

Search This thread

DakuGaranto

Sep 16, 2011
Dear Seniors,Developers,Moderators and Members,

Hi guys, I recently just joined this site and is totally new to rooting my Sensation.

I read threads like [Guide] to Installing S-off, ClockWork, Root, SuperCID & S-on [03/AUG/11](noobproof), [ROM] Android Revolution HD™ 3.5.0 XE | High Quality & Performance | OC | faux 0.1.5

but I am still not sure about certain things

1)My Sensation is running on Android 2.3.3. Am I able to S-OFF, Permanently root my Sensation and to install Android Revolution HD rom which has 2.3.4?

2)Which steps am I going to take to S-OFF, Permanently root and install that custom rom? [Got confused whether to follow step 1 to 3 [root] or step 1 and 2[install custom rom for the first time]]

3)Am I use my phone normally like an unrooted phone after S-OFF and Permanently rooted my phone without install a custom rom?

4)Is this [GUIDE] (For Noobs) SDK, ADB, and Drivers needed as part of the phone rooting process?[I don't have any HTC Sync software/drivers installed]

5)Is Super CID needed to install Android Revolution HD rom? [I didn't quite understand what Super CID is]

Thank you for spending your time reading it, any more information or help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
You can Root you sensation.
Follow the steps from step 1.
1)S-off your phone via Revolutionary method;
2)Install recovery;
3)Permenantly root your phone;
4)Flash New Rom;

These are the basic steps you have to follow. All the steps are explained very well in the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300.
SuperCID is not really required.
And the drivers, well i did not download them(I am not sure if they were already present in my laptop), so just give it a try without downloading them, but yes, the files mentioned on the S-off, Rooting thread would be required.
Before starting, make sure to "Enable Debugging" and "Disable Fastboot".
Also uninstall HTC Sync from your mobile.
Good luck with it, if there are any more doubts, post again, me or someone else will help for sure.

Reactions: DakuGaranto

DakuGaranto

Sep 16, 2011
Thanks for your replies, I have a problem in revolutonary it say communication with phone unexpectdly interrupted. Try again. How do I solve it?

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Just keep trying, it will eventually work. I've reported it god knows how many times to the Revo guys but they either don't care or can't fix it

After each step that fails, reboot the phone and do it again

Reactions: DakuGaranto

DakuGaranto

Sep 16, 2011
Just keep trying, it will eventually work. I've reported it god knows how many times to the Revo guys but they either don't care or can't fix it

Ok, I will keep on trying for a day or so and will report back for the result

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Yes!! Finally got it S-OFF but the the version is 1.17.1111 not 1.17.1011. Is it ok?

DakuGaranto

Sep 16, 2011
I finally installed Android Revolution HD, thanks for you guys for providing me much more information on the procedure. I have one last question, Is it necessarily to flash Radio_10.58.9035.00U_10.15.9035.02_2 to my phone? that is recommended by mike after installing Android Revolution HD

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
I finally installed Android Revolution HD, thanks for you guys for providing me much more information on the procedure. I have one last question, Is it necessarily to flash Radio_10.58.9035.00U_10.15.9035.02_2 to my phone? that is recommended by mike after installing Android Revolution HD
"Recommendation" is not necessity....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Yes
    2. Read the first guide, do Step 1 & 2 and then flash the custom ROM
    3. Yes, if you do Steps 1, 2 & 3 (if you just want a stock rooted ROM)
    4. No
    5. No
    You can Root you sensation.
    Follow the steps from step 1.
    1)S-off your phone via Revolutionary method;
    2)Install recovery;
    3)Permenantly root your phone;
    4)Flash New Rom;

These are the basic steps you have to follow. All the steps are explained very well in the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300.
    SuperCID is not really required.
    And the drivers, well i did not download them(I am not sure if they were already present in my laptop), so just give it a try without downloading them, but yes, the files mentioned on the S-off, Rooting thread would be required.
    Before starting, make sure to "Enable Debugging" and "Disable Fastboot".
    Also uninstall HTC Sync from your mobile.
    Good luck with it, if there are any more doubts, post again, me or someone else will help for sure.
    Thanks for your replies, I have a problem in revolutonary it say communication with phone unexpectdly interrupted. Try again. How do I solve it?

I tried that 3 times and 3 times it said that message but somehow it went s-off, so keep trying it.
    Tried 5 times but still kept showing communcation with phone unexpected interrupted

You've got HTC Sync on your PC?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e