FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AGPS Patch Inspire 4G 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,234
 
Post Reply Email Thread
13th September 2011, 05:42 AM |#91  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenrb2

I went from no GPS to wonderful GPS, this really works

Thanks for letting me know!

I think this patch will work on a multitude of other devices. I'd like to start getting feedback in detail on that if anyone wants to experiment.
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
13th September 2011, 11:24 AM |#92  
g3ismeee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag PORTLAND
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Thanks for letting me know!

I think this patch will work on a multitude of other devices. I'd like to start getting feedback in detail on that if anyone wants to experiment.

Instantaneous locks on my Inspire with Worldwide. Been testing this out today. Accuracy radius within 2-3 meters within more than reasonable amount of time. Had been using the regional files for a while and they worked great. 1.2 is simply awesome. Thanks for this... cuz I love good performing GPS on my phone thingy . Pertinent details in sig....haven't changed the GPS Assist yet in sig but will shortly...got to eat my dinner of all things first.
13th September 2011, 02:54 PM |#93  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3ismeee

Instantaneous locks on my Inspire with Worldwide. Been testing this out today. Accuracy radius within 2-3 meters within more than reasonable amount of time. Had been using the regional files for a while and they worked great. 1.2 is simply awesome. Thanks for this... cuz I love good performing GPS on my phone thingy . Pertinent details in sig....haven't changed the GPS Assist yet in sig but will shortly...got to eat my dinner of all things first.

I was going to send you a private message. But, I don't need to now since you've tested it already!!!

Thanks for the report.
13th September 2011, 11:47 PM |#94  
flappjaxxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,434
 
More
1.2 NA and Worldwide solid as a rock for me. NA locks a little faster but once either one locks they are solid

Sent from A Van Down By The River!
14th September 2011, 12:03 AM |#95  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx

1.2 NA and Worldwide solid as a rock for me. NA locks a little faster but once either one locks they are solid

I wonder if it's kind of a pseudo speed boost. In all reality, they should be the same. What could happen is you were kicked a problematic NTP server via its response the first time the NTP pool served you a server IP. And the second time, you were served a different IP which was responding to NTP requests normally.

Several planned enhancements for v1.3. I'm making a roadmap for up to v1.5. The reason I don't do it all at once is because I would like to do chunks at a time and ensure we all keep stability and performance. If I did all of my plans at once, it could prove a hellacious time to diagnose problems that particular users might hve.
18th September 2011, 02:14 AM |#96  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,234
 
Donate to Me
More
v1.3 released
I have released v1.3. A lot of testers have discussed it on threads and people have been clambering to get a hold of it!!! So, I decided to forego the planned release schedule to give it to y'all sooner.

Changes include reorganized NTP and XTRA servers and some removed variables.

The next version, v1.4, will be a major release change. So, I'm thinking it should be a v2.0.

The planned release following v1.4 (or, v2.0) will also be a major release. It will contain a surprise. Many ROM dev's are excited about it. It may be considered a major release as well.

Don't forget to click "Thanks" and to donate. Why donate? Well, assuming I can release the second planned release (above), it will require some money for upkeep. Now you are all really curious!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
18th September 2011, 02:37 AM |#97  
Senior Member
Flag Temple City, CA
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

I have released v1.3. A lot of testers have discussed it on threads and people have been clambering to get a hold of it!!! So, I decided to forego the planned release schedule to give it to y'all sooner.

Changes include reorganized NTP and XTRA servers and some removed variables.

The next version, v1.4, will be a major release change. So, I'm thinking it should be a v2.0.

The planned release following v1.4 (or, v2.0) will also be a major release. It will contain a surprise. Many ROM dev's are excited about it. It may be considered a major release as well.

Don't forget to click "Thanks" and to donate. Why donate? Well, assuming I can release the second planned release (above), it will require some money for upkeep. Now you are all really curious!!!

Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find a link to the North American 1.3.
18th September 2011, 02:38 AM |#98  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawkes

Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find a link to the North American 1.3.

It was dropped. It will work just the same. No point in separating out files any more since they were combined as equals.

EDIT: If someone really feels the need for it, and I have only used worldwide here in Oklahoma since I started, I could post one. But, it will be a placebo effect.
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
18th September 2011, 03:43 AM |#99  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 610
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

I have released v1.3. A lot of testers have discussed it on threads and people have been clambering to get a hold of it!!! So, I decided to forego the planned release schedule to give it to y'all sooner.

Changes include reorganized NTP and XTRA servers and some removed variables.

The next version, v1.4, will be a major release change. So, I'm thinking it should be a v2.0.

The planned release following v1.4 (or, v2.0) will also be a major release. It will contain a surprise. Many ROM dev's are excited about it. It may be considered a major release as well.

Don't forget to click "Thanks" and to donate. Why donate? Well, assuming I can release the second planned release (above), it will require some money for upkeep. Now you are all really curious!!!

cant thank you enough~~ clicked the "Thanks" button

And..where is the North American v1.3??
EDIT: NVM found the reason. so i just flash worldwide?
18th September 2011, 03:45 AM |#100  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P00t

cant thank you enough~~ clicked the "Thanks" button

And..where is the North American v1.3??
EDIT: NVM found the reason. so i just flash worldwide?

Yep. That's it.
18th September 2011, 05:02 AM |#101  
monkeyrasta.702's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sin City
Thanks Meter: 207
 
More
10 satellites first try on vu2.37 great job boss

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, gps, inspire, lock, slow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes