By JudasLucifer, Guest on 15th August 2011, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2011, 06:18 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 626

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom_Lord

I suppose you could extract the images from the apk if you wanted, but you'd need the authors consent.

@PaintballerAlex had added all the application icons, he may add more, provided he has them available!

If @PaintballerAlex wants - he could add more from the market app called 'MetroStation' - it's icon pack. I am not sure how the author might be contacted, but if everyone is happy, you could probably acknowledge the original author and use A LOT of icons in theme.

For now, icons are semi-themed on my phone. I'm unable to change any icons using various icon-swapping apps. They fail on Launcher 7.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Also,

You mentioned that you might have a separate metamorph for replacing all the 'Orange highlights' - would it be replaced by blue or white? With current theme only tile colour that matches is blue, but if all orange were replaced by white, I guess all other tile colours might suit too.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote:

How is everyone finding the text boxes btw? - Are the borders a bit thin or anything?

The text boxes in email and messaging seems about right!

However some grey boxes don't respond very well to touch. I mean touching it's edges or few other areas might not work straightaway, but touching right in the centre of any greybox, generally works. If touched in corners then it just needs another tap. It could be my dying touchscreen, but since everythin else works ok, it could be that the images are smaller, bigger or something that I don't understand. But no biggie though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drupad2drupad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drupad2drupad Ad-Free

JudasLucifer
22nd September 2011, 06:47 PM |#222  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drupad2drupad

If @PaintballerAlex wants - he could add more from the market app called 'MetroStation' - it's icon pack. I am not sure how the author might be contacted, but if everyone is happy, you could probably acknowledge the original author and use A LOT of icons in theme.

For now, icons are semi-themed on my phone. I'm unable to change any icons using various icon-swapping apps. They fail on Launcher 7.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Also,

You mentioned that you might have a separate metamorph for replacing all the 'Orange highlights' - would it be replaced by blue or white? With current theme only tile colour that matches is blue, but if all orange were replaced by white, I guess all other tile colours might suit too.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

The text boxes in email and messaging seems about right!

However some grey boxes don't respond very well to touch. I mean touching it's edges or few other areas might not work straightaway, but touching right in the centre of any greybox, generally works. If touched in corners then it just needs another tap. It could be my dying touchscreen, but since everythin else works ok, it could be that the images are smaller, bigger or something that I don't understand. But no biggie though.

I will try and get in touch with the theme author, see what he says...but I wouldn't be surprised if he says no!

I made the text boxes the exact same size as the original, except I think I might have got rid of some shadow around the edge and left it blank, so it might not work there if you touch now, where you might have used to have been.

That said I am just in the habit of touching the centre and it works fine, And I don't know what I could do about this...

I have the highlights half working in Theme Chooser. That being, they are still yellow to the touch, but turn the darker blue (focus) on long press.

I can't see a problem in my xml:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<selector
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <item android:state_window_focused="false" android:drawable="@color/transparent" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_disabled" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_disabled" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_focus" />
    <item android:state_focused="false" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_pressed" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_focus" />
</selector>
The "frameworks_res_list_selector_background_press ed" is obviously the light blue .9.png - but its still occurring yellow. So I think it *may* be a limit of Theme Chooser. Or someone else might be able to prove me wrong :P

I will have to put them in the next metamorph for the time being...

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I have messaged the creator of said MetroStation icons, and will await his response to see if I have permission to re-distribute!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
22nd September 2011, 07:11 PM |#223  

More
looks very nice, installing now.
22nd September 2011, 07:21 PM |#224  
Thanks Meter: 626

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I will try and get in touch with the theme author, see what he says...but I wouldn't be surprised if he says no!

I made the text boxes the exact same size as the original, except I think I might have got rid of some shadow around the edge and left it blank, so it might not work there if you touch now, where you might have used to have been.

That said I am just in the habit of touching the centre and it works fine, And I don't know what I could do about this...

I have the highlights half working in Theme Chooser. That being, they are still yellow to the touch, but turn the darker blue (focus) on long press.

I can't see a problem in my xml:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<selector
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <item android:state_window_focused="false" android:drawable="@color/transparent" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_disabled" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_disabled" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_focus" />
    <item android:state_focused="false" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_pressed" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_focus" />
</selector>
The "frameworks_res_list_selector_background_press ed" is obviously the light blue .9.png - but its still occurring yellow. So I think it *may* be a limit of Theme Chooser. Or someone else might be able to prove me wrong :P

I will have to put them in the next metamorph for the time being...

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I have messaged the creator of said MetroStation icons, and will await his response to see if I have permission to re-distribute!

Since it's a free app, I hope he will be liberal!

Also another good contact might be guys from Minimal bread and Minimal magic - seems most of the 'orange' odd bits have been overcome in those themes. Even on long press options where we get Orange and in keyboard suggestions - they have managed to make themechooser theme with everything coloured in same flow. May be they might be able to share the trick?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drupad2drupad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drupad2drupad Ad-Free
22nd September 2011, 07:56 PM |#225  
Flag Canton, MI

More
Quote:

You are on Cm7?
and are you sure you are flashing the build file and not the undo one?

Yup, I have IHO CM7 on the Optimus V.
I tried multiple times (making sure I flashed the right one). No errors. But when I reboot, nothing changes.
22nd September 2011, 08:22 PM |#226  

More
okay, what am I missing - tried using metamorph and got an error so installed busybox and got that working. Flashed the metamorph but still not new lockscreen.

On CM7/Nexus S 4g.
JudasLucifer
22nd September 2011, 09:21 PM |#227  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlefield

okay, what am I missing - tried using metamorph and got an error so installed busybox and got that working. Flashed the metamorph but still not new lockscreen.

On CM7/Nexus S 4g.

Has the power menu changed the icons black? - if it has the metamorph should have worked
Are you using the stock lockscreen, not widget locker or anything?
If its stock which style lockscreen are you using?

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TibsterNumber13

Yup, I have IHO CM7 on the Optimus V.
I tried multiple times (making sure I flashed the right one). No errors. But when I reboot, nothing changes.

Then I'm sorry to say I honestly have no idea what the problem is...

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by drupad2drupad

Since it's a free app, I hope he will be liberal!

Also another good contact might be guys from Minimal bread and Minimal magic - seems most of the 'orange' odd bits have been overcome in those themes. Even on long press options where we get Orange and in keyboard suggestions - they have managed to make themechooser theme with everything coloured in same flow. May be they might be able to share the trick?

Long press, I have got working, just the normal press is yellow. I will look at their themes and that will tell me how to fix it, I hope.

Sorry it may be a bit of a wait for that metamorph version of the latest beta, I have a load f homework to catch up on...
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
22nd September 2011, 09:31 PM |#228  
Flag Canton, MI

More
I'll just wait for an update, and try it again. :P
In the meantime... I have homework to do too.
22nd September 2011, 09:33 PM |#229  
Thanks Meter: 432

More
Really nice work, and perfect for AMOLED screens!
22nd September 2011, 11:51 PM |#230  

More
Quote:

Has the power menu changed the icons black? - if it has the metamorph should have worked
Are you using the stock lockscreen, not widget locker or anything?
If its stock which style lockscreen are you using?[COLOR="Silver"]

Hmm for some reason it wasn't finding the framework-res folder... figured it out.
JudasLucifer
23rd September 2011, 03:48 PM |#231  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nivesout

Really nice work, and perfect for AMOLED screens!

Thanks, any other comments?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alpha, cm7, hdpi, theme, wp7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)